Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonewarrior

Country flag
@Johny_Baba @Lonewarrior , sorry for bothering you again.
I have a new doubt. In M-LOK I know that a nut rotates and fit in to the slot, but in the fab defense lower handguard, it appears to me that there is no space for the nut to rotate as the heat shield is just behind (for the blue one).
View attachment 156545
Even in this pic shared by Lonewarrior, I am unable to make any guess how the nut rotates as I cannot guess if there are any hollow spaces just behind the slot.
View attachment 156546

What I want to know is that whether FAB Mod has slots of the type in left or the right according to the pic I drew (below).
View attachment 156553
(Yellow/Red: Heat Sink, Green: Slots, Black: Lower Handguard Body)

Do Fab Defense use some other kind of nut-bolt instead of the standard Magpul nut-bolt (below)?
No issues mate. Always there

Okkayy

So here is a typical aluminium handguard with M-Lok nuts.
IMG_20220519_130917.jpg

And here is how that heat shield thingy attaches
IMG_20220519_131022.jpg

So there is sufficient space for the T-nut to rotate and engage.

But there is something that's quite similar to what you're doubts are; the size of the screw is not something standardized by Magpul. Some screws are longer as polymer based handguard tend to be slightly thicker. Screws for aluminium handguard are shorter. So if a screw is bit longer then it will interfere with that heat shield.

Lonewarrior

Country flag

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag

Angel of War

Country flag

BlackViking

Country flag
No issues mate. Always there

Okkayy

So here is a typical aluminium handguard with M-Lok nuts.
View attachment 156568

And here is how that heat shield thingy attaches
View attachment 156569

So there is sufficient space for the T-nut to rotate and engage.

But there is something that's quite similar to what you're doubts are; the size of the screw is not something standardized by Magpul. Some screws are longer as polymer based handguard tend to be slightly thicker. Screws for aluminium handguard are shorter. So if a screw is bit longer then it will interfere with that heat shield.
Thanks mate, but can you get me one picture in the same angle as the above one for the Vanguard AKM kit (the above one appears to be for a different gun). Also if possible share an image of the slot at an angle (if you can get through some connections maybe).

I am confused because I have got one piece of the lower guard and I cannot make a head or tail out of it.
IMG_20220519_160302_HDR.jpg

You can see that here the slots are closed.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

SSS Defence assault rifles(P-72 and AR-15 patterned rifle) equipped with Tonbo Imaging Apollo VX sight and Vortex AMG1 Huey with what looks to be the Tonbo Spartan SH Thermal Clip-On Sight.
1652975016526.png
1652975024070.png

Last edited:

itsme

Country flag
The p72 mag well seems to be oversized? Also check out the optics on the ar15. 😂 😂

Global Defence

New threads

Articles