Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
What feels like it will break easily? The pulse Rifle which I have quoted in my previous Posts? Than well maybe that's just you. View attachment 132031
Ok kid, calm down,
this is just Thompson M1//M1A1 based weapon plus a sawed off pump action shotgun, made like underbarrel thing here,
and some electronics counter,

you expect such thing to enter into mainstream army service lol...

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Ok kid, calm down,
this is just Thompson M1//M1A1 based weapon plus a sawed off pump action shotgun, made like underbarrel thing here,
and some electronics counter,

you expect such thing to enter into mainstream army service lol...
Lol.

SGOperative

Country flag

Amrikis still see IA as unequipped ragtag militia...
TBH he wasnt wrong for most of the part and he was factual mostly across the board except the 1-2 Lakh ACH the Standard issue is the 70s helmet. And he was as respectful he can be and he tried to be neutral he cant show us as our individual soldier carry Pano Nods with invincible armor. He did miss that the situation in combat area is better then rest of the area but thats how it is.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Woah bro...now I know that OFB did a world class fuckery in QC while mass producing the INSAS, but polymer surprisingly has stayed normal and held it's own till now. Infact, there was never any issue as such with Polymer(that too front furniture) of of INSAS to begin with...

View attachment 131908
Notice the Polymer furniture of captured INSAS rifles from Maoists

View attachment 131909
Overused fromt polymer condition
View attachment 131910
Again, recovered INSAS from armed insurgents(notice how the receiver got corroded yet the polymer stays)
You drag that weapon through mud and expose it to rain and moisture and didn't care to oil it every second day then it will become like this.. How much money it costs to put a non corrosive coating or apply good quality paint over this rifle? But OFB wont do that. Same is the case with Ghataks. Absolute crap which corrodes very easily

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
I guess everyone has different taste, a golden AK only reminds me of terrorists and drug cartels.
I had handled and shot this weapon on few occasions . Its not that bad as it is said. Had scored some bulleye from 100 metres distance in lying position. Hadn't seen a single jamming or misfeed or anything like that during this time though had seen those in every other weapon i got a chance to handle like Bren, Insas, SLR, Carbine etc. Its not obsolete as u says is

Last edited:

Whitecollar

Country flag
I’m confused are you saying it shouldn’t be mounted on an INSAS?
Nope, I'm saying that INSAS platform in general seems a better option among all other rifles currently serving the IA. Lesser recoil means better life expectancy of thermal optics and onboard chipset. Not to mention better range and higher precision than the AKs.

Infact I'm pretty sure few INSAS will still be kept in Army arsenal even after 203's induction just in case things go south.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles