Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I noticed the new carbine has quick detach cups (QD cups) for slings, nice to see. I would like to see it getting disassembled, looking at the new lower it doesnt look like its supposed to hinge open like a sig rifle.

View attachment 123284
That's not QD cups but crosspins for affixing handguards

1638698420197.png

^previous iteration of the ARDE carbine in hands of ninda 🐢

Last edited:

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Any idea how its supposed to hinge open?
Hhmm you mean to ask how handguard could be removed or how this carbine is disassemlbled?
answering first thing first,
to me it seems like rear of the handguard has a small extension that firmly sits inside appropriate cutout made on the upper receiver just below where barrel is usually [screwed upon//pinned down]* inside the rifle; and front is simply affixed on the bottm of gas block,
to remove handguard just pull out that pin and pull it out of the carbine,
1638701446958.png

1638701610366.png

*[i think on this ARDE carbine barrel is simply pinned down on upper receiver, there is a visible cross-pin at where breech of the barrel usually sits on receiver]

As for second part, i.e. disassembling the gun itself, i believe quite similar to SIG 550, or in general AR like,
pull out receiver pins (both rear and front) and hinge open two receiver sections...

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Hhmm you mean to ask how handguard could be removed or how this carbine is disassemlbled?
to me it seems like rear of the handguard has a small extension that firmly sits inside appropriate cutout made on the upper receiver just below where barrel is usually [screwed upon//pinned down]* inside the rifle; and front is simply affixed on the bottm of gas block,
View attachment 123294
View attachment 123295
*[i think on this ARDE carbine barrel is simply pinned down on upper receiver, there is a visible cross-pin at where breech of the barrel usually sits on receiver]

As for second part, i.e. disassembling the gun itself, i believe quite similar to SIG 550, or in general AR like,
pull out receiver pins (both rear and front) and hinge open two receiver sections...
Ya'll Nibbiars Some one said Except picatinny rail everything is old like amogh. Trigger and barrel from insas.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
View attachment 123294
View attachment 123295

The new handguard and magwell looks to be a single piece, how are you going to hinge the reciever open? Unless you take the handguard off first.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
The new handguard and magwell looks to be a single piece, how are you going to hinge the reciever open? Unless you take the handguard off first.
That is exactly what i wondered too in my previous post on this new prototype of ARDE carbine here,
As for this recent design hhmm some things comes in mind,
> Handguards have been made thicker than before
> adding 'faux mag well' thing in lower receiver ? inspired from Galil Ace design ? 'trying' to make reloads 'faster' with this make-do ? do they have plans to offer it in ;other; magazine configurations too like Galil Ace comes in both Galil magazine and STANAG magazine config etc, so STANAG compatible ARDE carbine *might be* coming from this ? What about 'Bolt Catch/Release' then, would also be similar to Galil Ace or AR design if included ?

Also what about disassembly with this now, i mean look at handguard and this new mag well having solid surface around front receiver cross-pin area where usually some free space would be given so that upper and lower receivers could hinge around freely during disassembly, but here not only they made handguards thicker they added this mag well part that also has no space between them so at this moment i think disassembly on this design would require removal of handguards first followed by other steps (for reference check MKEK MPT-76 design)

too many questions, need more detailed pics
I am waiting for detailed pics to try to conclude how disassembly could be performed on this carbine, but mostly if base design is same between two carbine prototypes then probably disassembly is also more or less same, probably one step here-there etc...

Whitecollar

Country flag
So coming to the age old question: Why has IA opted for 7.62x39 AK 203 as std issue in this day and age?
Kindly share your opinion.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
So coming to the age old question: Why has IA opted for 7.62x39 AK 203 as std issue in this day and age?
Kindly share your opinion.
They have fell for that old 5.56 does nothing 7.62 is better myth, they dont understand how projectiles can be tweaked powder can be adjusted for better performance from the 5.56. They also have the opinion that AK platforms are more reliable and simple for jawans and our soldiers like to carry them. In my opinion we should have stuck with 5.56 and put some money into better projectiles. As a certain SF guy once said "i have dropped plenty of people with 5.56".

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars iska koi jawab hai.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars iska koi jawab hai.

ask him what kind of ;entertainment; they seek from a basic AK based design anyway ? what is so ;exciting-entertaining; about dem 9mm Sterling 'carbines' that they wish to see in replacement 5.56mm Carbine ? what is so ;exciting; about other 5.56mm Carbines that is not there on this design ?

Haldilal

Country flag
ask him what kind of ;entertainment; they seek from a basic AK based design anyway ? what is so ;exciting-entertaining; about dem 9mm Sterling 'carbines' that they wish to see in replacement 5.56mm Carbine ? what is so ;exciting; about other 5.56mm Carbines that is not there on this design ?
Ya'll Nibbiars bol dala.

Global Defence

Articles