Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
They are indeed, investing in small arms for indian army doesnt make any sense aa we have already sealed deal for our future assault rifles,
With the indian army and small arms in general the only thing that you cant say is "sealed the deal" lets see what comes out of the US NGSW

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
View attachment 114887
If SSS Defence already has state of the art P-72 carbine in 5.56x45mm then why are they contending for ARDE's carbine!
Just asking
Profit maximisation, their CEO replied to one of the comments regarding why the companies name that was submitted is Stump Scheule LMT, he said that the company of the erstwhile JV still exists and they’re using it for such partnerships with DPSUs and Stump Scheule Somappa for their own products. SSLMT is fully owned by SSS Defence itseems.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
You are in the Himalayas, the same wildly unreliable, unfamiliar, and difficult Himalayas. And you're fighting ridgeline to ridgeline.

What will be your caliber of choice and weapon too!?
You mention fair points. But like you said about inventory maintenance, don't you think that it would be hell for the stores to have AKs, SIGs, TARs, INSAS, etc. at a macro level?

As for your question, I believe usage would be of 7.62 X 39 mm calibre rifle? A carbine when engaged in an urban scenario at best?

Marliii

Country flag
You mention fair points. But like you said about inventory maintenance, don't you think that it would be hell for the stores to have AKs, SIGs, TARs, INSAS, etc. at a macro level?

As for your question, I believe usage would be of 7.62 X 39 mm calibre rifle? A carbine when engaged in an urban scenario at best?
7.62x39 in mountains? Also when PLA have body armour? That's not gonna go mostly the right way

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
7.62x39 in mountains? Also when PLA have body armour? That's not gonna go mostly the right way
You are right; I was assuming more of a Paki/roohani yahoos scenario. But against PLA's armour, 51 would be much more potent.

Marliii

Country flag
You are right; I was assuming more of a Paki/roohani yahoos scenario. But against PLA's armour, 51 would be much more potent.
Even paki are getting cheap body armour now.the whole point of americans running to NGSW was that they saw in syria terrorists who had cheap body armour that can relatively stop 5.56.so first the americans gave a tender for 7.62x51 rifle yup they almost went back to the old cartridge but cancelled it and went for NGSW .body armor is gonna be a real head ache as even terrorists will be able to get them.so rifle cartridges are coming back.with advanced optics each soldiers are gonna be more designated marksmen than old "spray and pray"

MisraZ

Country flag

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Even paki are getting cheap body armour now.the whole point of americans running to NGSW was that they saw in syria terrorists who had cheap body armour that can relatively stop 5.56.so first the americans gave a tender for 7.62x51 rifle yup they almost went back to the old cartridge but cancelled it and went for NGSW .body armor is gonna be a real head ache as even terrorists will be able to get them.so rifle cartridges are coming back.with advanced optics each soldiers are gonna be more designated marksmen than old "spray and pray"
You mean the old .Method of training of indian army ?
The army pays much attention to marksmanship even today .
All in all ek goli ek dushman thing is back

Marliii

Country flag
You mean the old .Method of training of indian army ?
The army pays much attention to marksmanship even today .
All in all ek goli ek dushman thing is back
Does indian army train soldiers on hitting 400m+ with iron sights? 😂 spray and pray that I meant is not going full auto type.I meant was near type firefights

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Does indian army train soldiers on hitting 400m+ with iron sights? 😂 spray and pray that I meant is not going full auto type.I meant was near type firefights
What is difference between battle rifle and assault rifle ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles