Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonewarrior

Country flag
KIndly share some inputs on this, Im intetested, I always wanted a infantry rifle chambered in 7.62x45,
It's been hardly 20 minutes since I heard about this cartridge for the first time :crazy:

But most probably I would have been our desperate, and obviously failed attempt to match the Czechs (7.62x45mm) and Russians (7.62x39mm) by something of our own.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Cz Bren is prone to jaming at regular intervals, it seems that they fixed minor issues with the rifle. It's much controllable in fully auto mode over ak,
CZ bren was what SCAR should have been.and the jamming part it would be earlier varients.would you think french GIGN would select a "prone to jam rifle" ? And add salt to our wound the rifle CZ made especially for us will be most likely given to pakis. just NOICE

MisraZ

Country flag

I guess DRDO's LASER ignition concept for small arms will be similar to the above mechanism patented by Remington

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
If they are using substandard ammo like Wolf, that too in steel casing then they better shouldn't complain about rifle's reliability;
Steel cased ammo (and in case of ruskie one with that maroon lacquers etc) has tendency to fuck up gas systems (in worse cases it even fouls chamber with sticky carbon residues) and making it cycle faster, some of them even use low quality primers and propellants to reduce cost,

then a fact that is steel and brass contract and expand at different rates; modern day rifles are mostly designed and tested with brass cartridges, so it may fire about a magazine or two but then problems would start appearing,

it may work fine in AK because well it's AK after all but for a purpose made rifle like this one i am doubtful,

so i kinda find this video goofy at best,
as for GIGN,
it is evident from pics itself that they use good kwality brass cased ammo with their Bren 2s so i guess it works fine with it

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
FBgLTNAXIAIsGVD.jpeg
FBgLTcaX0AYZWXV.jpeg

Another abomination from the stables of Darra, Pakistan
Captured from slain Gayzhi in recent shopian encounter
It seems to an AK with M4 style sight+carry, a G3 style handguard and a charging handle
Combined with a drum Magazine

Lonewarrior

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles