Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
@Johny_Baba can you please give us a little insight into the ASMI? Regarding its mechanism, internals, advantages and disadvantages etc?
already provided my brief overview in previous post bro, although since then i've found that in some places i was inaccurate regd Asmi's design (mainly about its fire selector which is placed at other place) so don't take it exactly at face value but my overall assessment is here...
Wow,what a day!
First LCA Deal getting cemented and this Asmi 'Machine Pistol' revealed (i'd rather call it a SubMachine Gun owning to its size,it's perhaps same sized as JVPC in terms of length i believe but anyway)

This is my initial observations from available pics,View attachment 73665
from initial observation i can say they have made two prototypes, I'll call that black one as version A and one in hand of good soldier with sandy finish as version B for current reference, A has shorter barrel and frame than B.

One thing is sure to me - these aren't simple "Glock Conversion" kits despite appearing like one and taking standard glock mags (even pistol grip is modeled after it) BECAUSE barrel is fixed on the receiver while Glock is a short-recoil pistol whose barrel locks-unlocks with sliding frame and tilts around - doesn't seem to be the case here. This pattern of fixing barrel;actually Barrel Extension or Barrel Trunnion; ,(possibly) Non-Reciprocating Charging Handle of this pattern and monolithic upper receiver makes me think someone took inspiration from FN SCAR + HK MP7 and build a machine pistol-SMG thing outta it, bravo!

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
BTW reminder since many may have not heard about it or simply forgotten,

before came Asmi we had our own MP5 clone project named "Anamika"
1632333102593.png

1632333114802.png

1632333143360.png

1632333198599.png

and even after that we had a side project of JVPC in 9mm, although there seems to be only one tiny pic on it so full confirmation for same could not be given but still...
1632333261105.png

so yeah, it's not that we need to import phoren SMGs like MP9, Uzi or even SIG MCX here...

@shuvo@y2k10 bhai you know anything what happened to Anamika and 9mm JVPC ?

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
BTW reminder since many may have not heard about it or simply forgotten,

before came Asmi we had our own MP5 clone project named "Anamika"
View attachment 111499
View attachment 111500
View attachment 111501
View attachment 111502

and even after that we had a side project of JVPC in 9mm, although there seems to be only one tiny pic on it so full confirmation for same could not be given but still...
View attachment 111504

so yeah, it's not that we need to import phoren SMGs like MP9, Uzi or even SIG MCX here...

@shuvo@y2k10 bhai you know anything what happened to Anamika and 9mm JVPC ?
As far as open source information, Anamika was developed post 26/11 time frame, when H&K refused to do buiseness with some states of India, citing human rights concern. It was even showcased by OFB in some Arms exhibitions.
However, since 2013-14, H&K has resumed buiseness. In addition, our armed forces and police have discovered MP-7 from B&T. Thus Anamika got sidelined.

As far as JVPC is concerned, last heard news was that it cleared Army trials in December 2020. However, no formal order have been placed by Army yet.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
As far as open source information, Anamika was developed post 26/11 time frame, when H&K refused to do buiseness with some states of India, citing human rights concern. It was even showcased by OFB in some Arms exhibitions.
However, since 2013-14, H&K has resumed buiseness. In addition, our armed forces and police have discovered MP-7 from B&T. Thus Anamika got sidelined.

As far as JVPC is concerned, last heard news was that it cleared Army trials in December 2020. However, no formal order have been placed by Army yet.
Used by CRPF Kashmir valley QAT.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
@Johny_Baba need some help
Screenshot_20210923-194914~2.png

Which is that one ugly looking pistol mag at top left corner-ish
The press release said 8 pistols and 5 AKs recovered from the 72'd militants(unfortunately no better pictures)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles