Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
mods @ezsasa @ALBY @LurkerBaba @Kunal Biswas dada and all,

wanted to ask this before going ahead,
would a thread on 3-D printed firearms-weaponry be accepted here ? Asking since i feel posting-sharing much info regd it would be a little dangerous or even involving legal things, though in this age and time every such info is available on internet at some clicks so yeah...
Can a fully capable firearm that wont explode on the users face can be made by 3D printers? I have seen suppressors in youtube that are very much capable according to them just like their non printed counterparts.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Can a fully capable firearm that wont explode on the users face can be made by 3D printers? I have seen suppressors in youtube that are very much capable according to them just like their non printed counterparts.
well i've seen some excellant examples that are just surprising,
but majority of them involve some core original (or reproduced) metal parts enclosed in 3-d printed receivers,
or they simply gather essential parts (barrel, bolt carrier, recoil spring) and remaining ones they made their own to make their own "plastic" version of original firearm,
and believe me some of the idea they have are so mind blowing...
for example, identify this, it is a 3-d printed shell of an actual firearm
1631800796616.png

apart from this they also make their own attachments to be affixed on actual firearms like their own sights, carrying handles and so.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
The answer is yes, if you trust me then i cofirm that it can be made ambidextrous by affixing a selector piece upon this cross-pin protuding out at right side here,
View attachment 110279
in fact they even made OFB R-2 rifle in similar fasion to provide 'on demand' ambidextrousity to fire selector
View attachment 110281
Also I forgot to ask yesterday…any idea about the barrel length of the ARDE 5.56x45 CQB carbine as it’s not given anywhere. Look at the range given of 200-300m I’m assuming it’s about 10-12 inches?

Lonewarrior

Country flag
The answer is yes, if you trust me then i cofirm that it can be made ambidextrous by affixing a selector piece upon this cross-pin protuding out at right side here,
View attachment 110279
Can it be made?
Yes, not a big deal

But what you're pointing as "Mount to fix selector piece on right side" is probably something way more anticlimactic.

It may actually be a...ahem...ahem...rivet.

On the inner side it's simply riveted on the receiver. On the the other side it protrude like a stud. If you look closely then the distance between that protrusion and a round hole in the stock is same from the hinge.

That hole in stock contains a bent wire clip, and the head of that stud us hemispherical. So when the stock is folded it's retained by that pin and that bent wire.
That's it

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

would a thread on 3-D printed firearms-weaponry be accepted here ? Asking since i feel posting-sharing much info regd it would be a little dangerous or even involving legal things, though in this age and time every such info is available on internet at some clicks so yeah...
Go ahead👍🏻👍🏻. Couldn't u just post all those stuff in this thread itself? Or atleast post related stuff in this thread for some time and lets see whether it has much following, then only start a seperate thread. Otherwise like mnay other threads after few posts it may go into oblivion. Just my suggestion. U are free to decide whether start a new one or not.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

3D printed guns will probably fall in the same category as tapancha, so best avoid it.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Can it be made?
Yes, not a big deal

But what you're pointing as "Mount to fix selector piece on right side" is probably something way more anticlimactic.

It may actually be a...ahem...ahem...rivet.

On the inner side it's simply riveted on the receiver. On the the other side it protrude like a stud. If you look closely then the distance between that protrusion and a round hole in the stock is same from the hinge.

That hole in stock contains a bent wire clip, and the head of that stud us hemispherical. So when the stock is folded it's retained by that pin and that bent wire.
That's it
🤷‍♂️ Yes that is "also" acting as folding buttstock holding pin here, basically it is Excalibur design being carried over here as it is,
BUT it is basically fire selector pin extended and protruding out from other side that would rotate around with fire selector, and can very well be used as a fire selector if something like that is affixed on it,
if you knew AK trigger group then it is already self-explanatory, very much similar thing to what is done here,

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
well i've seen some excellant examples that are just surprising,
but majority of them involve some core original (or reproduced) metal parts enclosed in 3-d printed receivers,
or they simply gather essential parts (barrel, bolt carrier, recoil spring) and remaining ones they made their own to make their own "plastic" version of original firearm,
and believe me some of the idea they have are so mind blowing...
for example, identify this, it is a 3-d printed shell of an actual firearm
View attachment 110359

apart from this they also make their own attachments to be affixed on actual firearms like their own sights, carrying handles and so.
btw the answer is,

1631816639823.png

Mac-11, see how this simple open bolt blowback SMG internals are used to make something extraordinary.

Global Defence

Articles