Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Bren 2 taking AK mags hhmm this one ?
View attachment 95076
View attachment 95077
That is a dedicated receiver for that with AK style paddle magazie release for making Bren 2 work with AK standard mags
View attachment 95079
^such kits virtually exist for many convertible firearms, FN SCAR, various AR (CMMG MK47 lower receivers)...

Besides here is Bren 2 STANAG-compatible magazine in 7.62x39mm (that MCIWS magazine in same calibre must be very similar in geometry to this one), both sides
View attachment 95084
^upper part of magazine is cleary STANAG one-straight, has knotch on left side for magazine locking tab and so, notice no AK mag locking lug on its rear or knotch on front.
So very unlikely this mag would go in any AK,it'll just drop outta rifle...
...and here is standard Bren 2 receiver trying to take in standard AK mag
View attachment 95085
welp, seems impossibru without performing khatnaa 😏 of that AK mag
Sorry it was my bad memory.. I saw Egyptians with bren 807s. Thought those mags were Ak mags. Didnt looked clearly back then. Thanks for the clarification.

airstrike99

Country flag
Forgotten Weapons ka bhukhar hain sar pe, jab utar jaaega tab samaj aaega how this is not a practical idea at all in current world.
i came to know these weapons through computer games years before even watching some youtube channel "forgotten weapons".

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
But do PLR have the rights to make them in India ? As these aren’t listed on their website? Are they even on offer to us?
I don’t know, news broke out that they are making them in India, plus they don’t even update their website pretty much. It is just a plain basic.

SKC

Country flag
i would trust these weapons over those plastic toys anytime. all i need is a thermal sight equipped to the helmet near my eye and i'm good.
imagine repairing those " Tacticool" looking weapons.

best submachine gun

View attachment 95278

still the best assault rifle

View attachment 95282

and finally best light battle rifles.

View attachment 95283
Russian PPsH 41 series was much better. Much higher fire rate.

Light battle rifle looks abomination! Hurt eyes.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Who said we were to get it at 1000 usd or even less? Cost of the things wont go down beyond a limit.
Your first post itself... kind of assumed that we can and it's been discussed before here...

How we can get it at lower price... ?

Viets did get it at 1000 bucks a piece. With kind of order we can give and scale of production we can get it too.

Gessler

Country flag
@Johny_Baba @Gessler please make a comparison between Caramel, Arad, Bren-2 and Hk416A5.Please make a ranking of current ARs based kn ur opinions.
If you're looking at a service rifle in large numbers, I wouldn't rank any AR higher than HK416 - because no other AR has seen as much action as it has, and no other has been as consistently been refined into better & better variants with quirks being ironed out. And to top it off, HK quality.

But if you're willing to allow models that don't strictly follow the AR design, but are comparable in all aspects, the SIG MCX Virtus is a strong alternative, perhaps even better when it comes to keeping up with the times.

ARAD to the best of my knowledge is a regular AR-15 design wrt gas system & action, willing to bet it's a-ok. Don't know anything about Carmel other than how it looks.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
If you're looking at a service rifle in large numbers, I wouldn't rank any AR higher than HK416 - because no other AR has seen as much action as it has, and no other has been as consistently been refined into better & better variants with quirks being ironed out. And to top it off, HK quality.

But if you're willing to allow models that don't strictly follow the AR design, but are comparable in all aspects, the SIG MCX Virtus is a strong alternative, perhaps even better when it comes to keeping up with the times.

ARAD to the best of my knowledge is a regular AR-15 design wrt gas system & action, willing to bet it's a-ok. Don't know anything about Carmel other than how it looks.
I was asking about service rifles not some high end 3000USD+ worth custom made weapons like Noveske.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Your first post itself... kind of assumed that we can and it's been discussed before here...

How we can get it at lower price... ?

Viets did get it at 1000 bucks a piece. With kind of order we can give and scale of production we can get it too.
I knew u would be bringing up this.😊 Just look at the increased mil ties between israel and vietnam and vietnams recent shopping spree, most are from israel and its not restricted to small arms. So most probably its a subsidized sale for the sake of politics.
Anyway there is no point in debating on the topic as this ia purely a political deal to buy watered down Ak203s when we could have gone for Ak-15s

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I knew u would be bringing up this.😊 Just look at the increased mil ties between israel and vietnam and vietnams recent shopping spree, most are from israel and its not restricted to small arms. So most probably its a subsidized sale for the sake of politics.
Anyway there is no point in debating on the topic as this ia purely a political deal to buy watered down Ak203s when we could have gone for Ak-15s
We could have better gone for 5.56x45 instead of 7.62x39.

airstrike99

Country flag
😏 That's even worse case then; mixing up video game weaponry with real life stuff.
i came to know these weapons
read it properly.

i came to know the existence of such weapons through games.

then researched on those because of my likings towards them. after some 5 yrs, i came to know youtube and forgotten weapons and stuff, etc. defence channels.

airstrike99

Country flag

drum magazines of PPsh 41 are trash. they jammed so bad, that russians always used box magazines.

now box magazines with high rate of fire is extremely disadvantage.

looks don't matter. thats the wonderful "FG42" .

thats a paratrooper rifle.. low sniper range + rifle caliber (semi, fully automatic).

it works so good. 7.92 x 57 mm much powerful than Ak 7.62 x 39 mm. or nato 7.62 x 51 mm.
but the gun is so good that the recoil coupled with Rate of fire and weight closer to shoulder is balanced.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
We could have better gone for 5.56x45 instead of 7.62x39.
Why ?

And offcourse our military ties with Israel is such bad now they will rather charge us more than winning the tender.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Why ?

And offcourse our military ties with Israel is such bad now they will rather charge us more than winning the tender.
High velocity cartridge is what is ideal for infantry, high stopping power at shorter ranges is good for COIN ops in Urban Warfare.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles