Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
They’ll unveil their offering in DefExpo this year?
All p72 variant they showed at def expo had the classical 7.62x39 mag versions but they said in an interview on expo that the carbine version is available in 5.56

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
We can see some eye sore OFB small arms products
Not all of their products are eyesore, only their INSAS and INSAS derived products are, MCIWS was the sexiest that they were making but was scrapped, it’s 5.56 or 7.62 variant would have been issued if Indian Army would not have bought AK-103Ms.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Not all of their products are eyesore, only their INSAS and INSAS derived products are, MCIWS was the sexiest that they were making but was scrapped, it’s 5.56 or 7.62 variant would have been issued if Indian Army would not have bought AK-103Ms.
MCIWS when developed was made during the then situations, in today’s date it can be fitted with Quad rail, free floating handguard like an AR-15.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
The above was a Multi Caliber Individual Weapon System chamber-able in 5.56x45mm NATO, 7.62x39mm Russian and 6.8x43mm Remington SPC, this however is chambered only in 6.8x43mm Remington SPC.
View attachment 95013
Full length rails with Flip up Sights would do good, also the Magazine looks like the Insas transparent mag with some kind of Camo cover

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
It looks slick for sure....
(((Is that the ITL mini reflex sight on the top😂?)))
Also does it take in M4 type Stanag mags or Insas mags in 5.56 configuration
It is an ITL Raptor which is license made here, it is an old optic, the pic of MCIWS is old as well, some 7 years old, Raptor is in service in sizeable numbers for more than a decade, in today’s date it is more of an Airsoft optic.

Seems like INSAS mag, not STANAG, the upper receiver is an AK, the lower receiver is an AR.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Full length rails with Flip up Sights would do good, also the Magazine looks like the Insas transparent mag with some kind of Camo cover
Yup it’s an INSAS Mag extended for 30 rounds, worst thing to remind you is that INSAS was a trash, their magazines were trash and plus our soldiers used 20rd magazines, like seriously, the 30rd mags were issued to INSAS LMG.
1623851468293.jpeg

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Yup it’s an INSAS Mag extended for 30 rounds, worst thing to remind you is that INSAS was a trash, their magazines were trash and plus our soldiers used 20rd magazines, like seriously, the 30rd mags were issued to INSAS LMG.
View attachment 95014
Iseally it’s neither an INSAS mag or STANAG mag @Hariharan_kalarikkal as it is chambered in 6.8x43mm Remington SPC.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

Could someone explain why at 1:07 , the soldier after firing a shot from the Automatic Grenade Launcher(AGL) run for cover? Also aren’t these supposed to be fired continuously for suppressing the enemy?
Not sure if this is the right thread, but I couldn’t think of any other thrend to ask this on, as I’m not sure which organisation the soldier is from( most likely IA, but could be marcos as I have no idea how they looked like in 2008).
If they are indeed Marcos I’ll repost on the SF thread.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

Could someone explain why at 1:07 , the soldier after firing a shot from the Automatic Grenade Launcher(AGL) run for cover? Also aren’t these supposed to be fired continuously for suppressing the enemy?
Not sure if this is the right thread, but I couldn’t think of any other thrend to ask this on, as I’m not sure which organisation the soldier is from( most likely IA, but could be marcos as I have no idea how they looked like in 2008).
AFAIK
Marcos At the time still Had the UCP Camo
Only used woodlands when deployed in the valley
It is probably IA, I'm not sure though

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles