Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Basically they don’t want another contrversy like the Rafale deal.
In every RFI their is + or- by some amount on the specifications so weight length etc will be not taken just as staten by the RFI

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
MOD doesn't like any legal issues and one of theain reasons for car816 not getting ordered was because of action taken by thales and daewoo
It is the other way round. Caracal has claimed that Daewoo has copied the Car-816 after testing few rifles for proposed license production.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
It is the other way round. Caracal has claimed that Daewoo has copied the Car-816 after testing few rifles for proposed license production.
Daewoo was presenting a carbine based on k2 rifle for the tender.the car816 copying issue was not in the indian context

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
In every RFI their is + or- by some amount on the specifications so weight length etc will be not taken just as staten by the RFI
Thales and Daewoo claimed Caracal had lied about something in their response and other irregularities.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Thales and Daewoo claimed Caracal had lied about something in their response and other irregularities.
They said Caracal lied about their capability to supply the arms within a year and it doesn't have infrastructure required to do so as asked in the tender.

If this deal goes Sig way (very likely) we can be assured that perhaps the Sig 716 performance and their middlemen both were behind to close this deal

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I doubt SSS has an in house R&D team for making a new gun design.
Firearm experts are close to non existent here. Maybe they will make an office in Murica and do all the R&D there.

The Indian market simply can't sustain a firearm company, maybe if GOI actively works with private companies to expand their influence in the neighbouring regions than it may work.
GOI should curb all export restriction for weapons export.
We have Neighbouring countries like Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Bangladesh where guns, ammuniton and accessories can be sold.
CBC and SSS are set to produce ammuniton in their Nashik based factory maybe they can export these ammuniton to Murica in the future.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I doubt SSS has an in house R&D team for making a new gun design.
Firearm experts are close to non existent here. Maybe they will make an office in Murica and do all the R&D there.

The Indian market simply can't sustain a firearm company, maybe if GOI actively works with private companies to expand their influence in the neighbouring regions than it may work.
GOI should curb all export restriction for weapons export.
We have Neighbouring countries like Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Bangladesh where guns, ammuniton and accessories can be sold.
CBC and SSS are set to produce ammuniton in their Nashik based factory maybe they can export these ammuniton to Murica in the future.
Their products are not worthy, they don’t even have a video of any of their weapon being fired apart from a video of viper being shot and AK47 SOPMOD being shot in a poor quality video and that too from 3rd party youtube channels. OFB Zindabad, I support TAR for Assault rifle instead of AK-103M.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Their products are not worthy, they don’t even have a video of any of their weapon being fired apart from a video of viper being shot and AK47 SOPMOD being shot in a poor quality video and that too from 3rd party youtube channels. OFB Zindabad, I support TAR for Assault rifle instead of AK-103M.
I support ofb r2 7.62 ×51 mm rifle for rest of the common soldiery.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
This reminds me,
@shuvo@y2k10 you told about OFB taking initiative of making an R-2 equivalent version from that SG553 chhap 5.56mm Carbine, i.e. R-2 with section-ed receiver or something,

could you provide a source of this please, as this seems like a step in right direction, if it succeeds then we may see a whole family of such rifles in different calibers i hope.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles