Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I read a news story that in during one of the U stped ambush by the Maoists in chattisgarh, a CRPF jawan fought back and fired more than 1000 rounds with Insas LMG (without any stoppages) preventing the terrorists from closing in, till re-inforcements arrived. That incident saving many injured jawan's lifes.
1000/30 = 33 magazines, you serious lol?

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
External visuals look much better than the old INSAS rifles. Hopefully QC is now being maintained.
Also is this rifle rivetted, milled or machined? I'm not really familiar with these terms?
This is not a new stuff, just search Excalibur MK1C, now named as 'Indian Assault Rifle' by OFB (sic)
It's milled receiver version of INSAS Excalibur, HD kwality pics already there on one thread.
Also Sidenote, it was this version of INSAS Excalibur that was enlarged and made into OFB R-2 when 7.62 NATO tender came out etc

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
This is not a new stuff, just search Excalibur MK1C, now named as 'Indian Assault Rifle' by OFB (sic)
It's milled receiver version of INSAS Excalibur, HD kwality pics already there on one thread.
Also Sidenote, it was this version of INSAS Excalibur that was enlarged and made into OFB R-2 when 7.62 NATO tender came out etc
Thanks

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
IA's Russian dalals... Crush communism..

What you smokin' bruh?

If anything, they'll make it worse.
I feel like leaving DFI, Indian Military is sleeping, no modernisation just jumlebaazi on media. It makes me depressed here seeing ignorance of ministry of defence.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
A thing just crossed my mind,

Say,

If army was going to select SIG-offered AR-10 in direct impingement anyway after going through plethora of different options,

while also trying to get a carbine in 5.56 NATO,

then,

why didn't they select Colt CM901 that was offered to us 🤷‍♂️ i mean they tested all of it on firing range when Colt offered it to us, and somehow it didn't get selected but very similar stuff from SIG eventually was ?

Anyway everybody knows how Colt CM901 looks in 16" barrel 7.62 NATO configuration so just posting 5.56 NATO compact carbine version pic here,
1623756800959.png

1623756809430.png

^this has barrel length of some 10.3 inches in this configuration.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles