Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fire and groove

Country flag
Can someone tell how this works and what does it do?
It's basically our version of the US military's IVAS headsets that they just came out with, kinda surprised actually that a company's already making progress on this equipment in India. It's basically meant to enhance the coordination and information sharing capabilities on the fly, and enhance the accuracy and effectiveness of intelligence. It's the quintessential attempt at network centric warfare on the tactical level, very revolutionary tech frankly. If done right, the side which has this tech can frankly demolish the OPFOR infantry. But then again, it needs to be rugged, durable, simple to operate and logistically feasible (batteries) otherwise you're just holding one expensive toy.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
It's basically our version of the US military's IVAS headsets that they just came out with, kinda surprised actually that a company's already making progress on this equipment in India. It's basically meant to enhance the coordination and information sharing capabilities on the fly, and enhance the accuracy and effectiveness of intelligence. It's the quintessential attempt at network centric warfare on the tactical level, very revolutionary tech frankly. If done right, the side which has this tech can frankly demolish the OPFOR infantry. But then again, it needs to be rugged, durable, simple to operate and logistically feasible (batteries) otherwise you're just holding one expensive toy.
This thing has thermal and nightvision incorporated.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
I am not going to say anything about thjngs said by others
I remember him claiming thats an Ak7 , but afaik the weapon he is holding is a milled receiver bulgarian Ak,and the weapon which was made by RFI and displayed at Defexpo jn 2004 was a brown wooden furnitured stamped sheet Ak clone.
View attachment 94541
Ak7
Which is the weapon under the insas

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
What do you guys think of italians wanting to field their carbines and tanks to Indian army??

Flying Dagger

Country flag
:yo: Pardon my interruption but it was me who pointed out clear difference between TAR and Bulgarian AKs, at here (pics are dead but i have it saved on my pc, will post it later)
notice the date and time of post,
13th October,2017

and these were the pics that i provided, of course edited in mspaint,
View attachment 94513
View attachment 94512
View attachment 94514

😏 Since then many defense pages on FB Insta Twitter picked it up from here and posted their own versions of how to differentiate between Trichy AK and Bulgarian Arsenal AKs, I even got into tu-tu-me-me with one such page ( with more than 7000 followers back in 2018 perhaps ) that posted normal Bulgarian AK and called it Trichy and when i provided link of this post Owners simply banned me lol, later after some time exact same thing i.e. look at gas block, if flat=trichy, was posted by them on their Twitter loool.
Later saw it everywhere on different defense pages on fb/insta/twitter even youtube.

😏 if only i had my own ones and posted it all there prior to them...
That happens a lot on twitter... There are people with lots of followers know nothing and when you correct them they either abuse and block you or simply post things taking credit of what you did.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Regarding AK-7,
I also believe that the one shared by Kunal dada isn't the actual rifle from OFB but just Bulgarian one, most probably AR-M1 or so.
Also i believe that this said rifle with gas regulator on it is just another Godzilla, it's misinformation,
and i shall give my reasoning for that

Ok so, first of all, notice the pics posted by Kunal Dada of said AK-7 with gas regulator on it,specifically focus around the marked part,
1623596400181.png

This second pic of same event i suppose, pic is potato quality but one can still zoom and try to look around
1623596464833.png

so what exact kind of gas regulator is it ? or is it actually gas regulator ?
I believe no,it's just iron sight of GP-25 here 🤷‍♂️ , and the way Kunal Dada was holding it gives an illusion of such thing,

GP-25 on AK-74 here, notice the shape of movable (here on 'zero') iron sight for grenade launcher, it can be rotated (making that iron sight go down if rear part is rotated upwards and vice versa) for range adjustments. Notice front iron sight, compare it to pics given by Kunal Dada,
1623596640233.png

Still not convinced ? well compare it with other pics here,

pic 1, a Russian soldier in Crimea, notice his AK-74M with GP-25, what if, say, he had shown his rifle just like Kunal dada did, wouldn't it also give illusion that Front Iron Sight of GP-25 is like that gas regulator thing on supposed AK-7 ?
1623596766145.png

pic 2,our own guys with Romanian Pm.Md.90 and some other stuff on it including a GP-25 on one guy's AK,
can you see what i'm trying to say, gas regulator ? or just Iron Sight of GP-25 ? What if he also held his AK+GP-25 like Kunal dada did, wouldn't it also give same illusion ?
1623596993059.png

Thus i say there wasn't any gas regulator on this particular AK held by Kunal dada, it was misinformation.
As of Which rifle is it, only clear pic with markings saying AK-7 could prove anything, requesting our friends on SM @Unknowncommando 2 and others to try to source a clear pic of markings of an ACTUAL AK-7 to get some actual proof, as both said rifle with gas regulator and Bulgarian AR-M1 are kopies of Type-3 AK-47 with black polymer furniture, couldn't be said much with such a thing, till then i refuse to believe that it was an AK-7 with gas regulator on it.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
I am not going to say anything about thjngs said by others
I remember him claiming thats an Ak7 , but afaik the weapon he is holding is a milled receiver bulgarian Ak,and the weapon which was made by RFI and displayed at Defexpo jn 2004 was a brown wooden furnitured stamped sheet Ak clone.
View attachment 94541
Ak7
That is not AK-7.

That picture was that of a early 90s OFB clone called MRF-91. 91 is most likely its year of developement. Which was also inducted in small numbers to complement the captured weapons during the 90s. A-7 came in early 2000s after the arrival (import) of Bulgarian AKs.

An MRF-91 is displayed in the museum room of RF Ishapore.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
That is not AK-7.

That picture was that of a early 90s OFB clone called MRF-91. 91 is most likely its year of developement. Which was also inducted in small numbers to complement the captured weapons during the 90s. A-7 came in early 2000s after the arrival (import) of Bulgarian AKs.

An MRF-91 is displayed in the museum room of RF Ishapore.
MRF-91 here is a stamped sheet receiver-ed rifle, most likely a copy of AKM(this one seems copy of S-version, underfolding buttstock) and ones shown by Kunal Dada was milled recever,Type-3 pattern AK, most probably a Bulgarian one i believe because well they are one of the remaining guys out who still produce milled receiver AKs with some 'modernisation' to give AK-74 style furniture-looks etc.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles