Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Adjustable and foldable buttstock,5.56, below 3.2 kg not a lot of choice

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
It can theoretically get a MLOK pattern Handguard as it has the charging handle behind the Dust cover, and a discrete gas block in front
Then it would pretty much be a desi Sig 516 but with Gas operated/rotating bolt instead of a Short stroke piston as in most ARs
Atleast we know OFB and others are aware what MLOK is considering it’s presenot on the ASMI and .338 Sniper

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Does Arjun thermal weapon sight from Tombo Imaging which the Army uses has any magnification option?

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
after reading so so many bakchodi regarding so many things in this (one of my fav thread) by newcomers...
...my message to them
1622445982507.png

@ezsasa @LurkerBaba @tarunraju mods sahibs requesting to pls do some moderation on thread :pray: , veteran members on this topic like @Gessler @Shaitan @Twinblade @Kunal Biswas dada etc could advise you regd that.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Indian Army can spend so much on useless stuff like thousands of night and thermal sights, why you need image intensifier scopes when you have thermal ones?

And Army also wants scopes, in this regard, I will vouch for OFB scope on SiG 716i.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Gessler

Country flag
Is anyone angry to the fact that they have included carbine in the second negative list?? I am furious with that decision of not letting foriegn vendors design and develop a decent carbine for us
Far as I understand, the negative import list only forbids direct purchase of items from abroad. It does not forbid anyone from license-manufacturing a foreign product (whether that's a rifle, Ka-226 helos or anything else) as long as the production happens in India.

Which is just as well because the Carbine tender has already been made to be a Make In India deal.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
I only saw 14.5mm AMR on the list that too only on 2024 or so

Killbot

Country flag
Is anyone angry to the fact that they have included carbine in the second negative list?? I am furious with that decision of not letting foriegn vendors design and develop a decent carbine for us
Well, the interested parties will establish 'JV'. Same for the rest of the list. Nothing is being done to boost indigenous R&D. Damn thing is a farce. In this case, it might be good as no one in India will invest much in small arms R&D (private sector).

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Can’t find carbine in the list

Twinblade

Country flag
As I said in the earlier replies, galil ace fits a perfect role for carbine requirements for SF units in military, CAPF and local law enforcement agencies. Full ToT from iwi will do the job!!
In pic, Mexican SF from federal law enforcement agency
View attachment 92595
That is a 5.56 mm 7-8" barrel. Utterly useless.
It's like a flashbang going out in front of your face. 5.56 has incredibly high bore pressure at those barrel lengths.

Dropping barrel length to 10" from 14.5" is an increase of 16% bore pressure at bullet exit. Dropping down to 7" is a 100% increase in bore pressure.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
That is a 5.56 mm 7-8" barrel. Utterly useless.
It's like a flashbang going out in front of your face. 5.56 has incredibly high bore pressure at those barrel lengths.

Dropping barrel length to 10" from 14.5" is an increase of 16% bore pressure at bullet exit. Dropping down to 7" is a 100% increase in bore pressure.
Isn't 7 inchs perfect for CQB?? I mean yes the flashbang is going to be a problem, in order to prevent that can't we use muzzle brake??

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Anything less than 10.3 for 5.56 is gonna be heck of problems and lethality reduced
And smoke on face, 7.5” PDWs are used only with suppressors for a reason, I recently saw a Pakistani SSG commando firing his SiG516 7.5” PDW without suppressor and he was struggling whicle firing it and it was not his fault, the muzzle flash and muzzle gases straight on his face due to such a short barrel.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
And smoke on face, 7.5” PDWs are used only with suppressors for a reason, I recently saw a Pakistani SSG commando firing his SiG516 7.5” PDW without suppressor and he was struggling whicle firing it and it was not his fault, the muzzle flash and muzzle gases straight on his face due to such a short barrel.
Video link hai?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles