Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Japanese Type-20 assault rifle in 5.56 configuration!!!
I know, this is a joke, but Astr defence should come up with something like this, then it would be a game changer
View attachment 90393
Unfortunately there is very little chance that Astr rifle will move beyond a engineering project to a commericial product. Though the rifle is of promising design, but he does not have any financial backing or even manufacturing capability to handle a defence contract.

airstrike99

Country flag
Unfortunately there is very little chance that Astr rifle will move beyond a engineering project to a commericial product. Though the rifle is of promising design, but he does not have any financial backing or even manufacturing capability to handle a defence contract.
maybe he should try to pitch it for nepal, bhutan, mauritis etc. they might atleast give a try maybe.
or go to the dark side and offer it to myanmmar military dictatorship as a full tactical piece with manufacturing in myanmmar.

i myself had such ideas regarding design and development as far as going for a 3d models of a 127, 133mm smooth bore guns and 16 cylinder-1600 HP engines.

but its useless. no one will finance the middle class. no army babu will buy it or atleast recommend it.
and at the end of the day, we remain as keyboard defence analysts who are desperate for core engineering jobs.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
maybe he should try to pitch it for nepal, bhutan, mauritis etc. they might atleast give a try maybe.
or go to the dark side and offer it to myanmmar military dictatorship as a full tactical piece with manufacturing in myanmmar.

i myself had such ideas regarding design and development as far as going for a 3d models of a 127, 133mm smooth bore guns and 16 cylinder-1600 HP engines.

but its useless. no one will finance the middle class. no army babu will buy it or atleast recommend it.
and at the end of the day, we remain as keyboard defence analysts who are desperate for core engineering jobs.
Other countries you mentioned already have access to US, European manufacturers and are buying from them. Gone are those days that GOI can force an unreliable Insas on Nepal. If you look at their army or even police forces, they are pretty well equiped.

As far as Myanmar is concerned, they already have a versatile arms manufacturing capability. They statrted from reverse engineering G-3, Chinese QBZ-97, Uzi etc. and currently they make their own assault rifles based on HK-33.

Even some police forces i NE, are importing guns from Myanmar.

So no other country fucked up so badly as Indian OFB.

airstrike99

Country flag
the best assault rifle. stg 44. more controllable but more powerful 7.92 x 33 than ak 7.62 x 39 due to better recoil mechanism.

we should have reverse engineered it and used it atleast until we made our own assault rifle.

1621400656945.png

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
the best assault rifle. stg 44. more controllable but more powerful 7.92 x 33 than ak 7.62 x 39 due to better recoil mechanism.

we should have reverse engineered it and used it atleast until we made our own assault rifle.

View attachment 90493
The daddy of all assault rifles.but we went the SLR route like nato

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
And this is under the assumption that AK is reverse engineered from StG.44?
Many people say its just a myth
Don't care anyone says
The STG definitely had an influence on the AK when they encounter these on the eastern front in the later days of the war

The "Fresh Idea" of uneducated peasant Mikhail Kalashnikov is a meme for propoganda purposes still continued to this day
That being said, I'm not denying the ingenuity behind the AK design, but the intermediate calibre - select fire- highly modular Rifle thing that Soviets supposedly pulled out of their asses are undoubtedly a myth
STG was and still is the daddy of all Assault rifles

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Myth? Just look at the internals of both the guns. They are completely different. It isbt a myth, it's a falsehood.
Not the design but the concept of an Select fire intermediate calibre weapon system was a brainchild of German engineering

Killbot

Country flag
Don't care anyone says
The STG definitely had an influence on the AK when they encounter these on the eastern front in the later days of the war

The "Fresh Idea" of uneducated peasant Mikhail Kalashnikov is a meme for propoganda purposes still continued to this day
That being said, I'm not denying the ingenuity behind the AK design, but the intermediate calibre - select fire- highly modular Rifle thing that Soviets supposedly pulled out of their asses are undoubtedly a myth
The concept was introduced with SKS. Except fir the select fire part. StG.44 and AK are 2 completely different guns.

Marliii

Country flag
Don't care anyone says

It took the americans the 60s and some dead soldiers to realise the merits of intermediate catridge

Marliii

Country flag
I am laughing at the fact that we are discussing about procurements of IWI Galil, Arad, Carmel for assault rifle and carbine options, when infact we are missing IWI Zion this whole time!!
I really wish instead of AK-203, this gets selected!!
View attachment 90509
Its only for us civy market right?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles