Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars This is the biggest weak point on the Remington design. There is no gas bushing and there is no machined collar to deflect cylinder gasses like on Conversion Colts or the 1875/1890 Remingtons that followed. I've heard of folks machining a recess at the front of the cylinder to hold a bushing to deflect the gas. You can polish the pin until it's easier to get out. Problem is, a tight pin really helps accuracy.
Apna Haldilal to experrrt nikla re

Ab bol saale "sad and again poor me"

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars even the Pietta 1860 face the smashing caps and pins problems.

omaebakabaka

Ya'll Nibbiars even the Pietta 1860 face the smashing caps and pins problems.
May be its my bad luck, very few times I escaped jamming issues when it comes to handguns....had S&W jam on me many times. Glock 9mm is the only one that never jammed on me :)

Haldilal

Country flag
May be its my bad luck, very few times I escaped jamming issues when it comes to handguns....had S&W jam on me many times. Glock 9mm is the only one that never jammed on me :)
Ya'll Nibbiars Glock are more modern design and Colt dont have this problem. Rest the problems are faced by many not just you.

Spindrift

Join https://indiansforguns.com/ and ask the questions there about gunsmithing. There are a lot of Indian Americans on that forum with a lot of firearms experience and they will be able to help you out.

Haldilal

Country flag
How good is makarov? I like the looks of it...any experience wit that one?
Ya'll Nibbiars they are reliable, comfortable and accurate if you are ok with the 9×18 for the EDC the biggest down point is the small holster selection, but it has been improving. As far as getting a good one, just make sure overall appearance and basic functions are good.

Haldilal

Country flag

omaebakabaka

Ya'll Nibbiars they are reliable, comfortable and accurate if you are ok with the 9×18 for the EDC the biggest down point is the small holster selection, but it has been improving. As far as getting a good one, just make sure overall appearance and basic functions are good.
Saw somewhere it has a little trick that when you unholster it, it loads the bullet into the chamber? May be special forces one perhaps not retail model

Haldilal

Country flag
Saw somewhere it has a little trick that when you unholster it, it loads the bullet into the chamber? May be special forces one perhaps not retail model
Ya'll Nibbiars Probably EFA 2k Spetnaz. This is the standard Russian special forces holster. You are exactly correct on the function. Russian (outdated) manual of arms forbids carrying with a round in the chamber.

Military pistols are optimized for one bullet style and one specific set of measurements and loads. It's suggestable to carry a SA pistol with a round in the chamber, but decocked for extra safety.

Last edited:

omaebakabaka

Ya'll Nibbiars Probably EFA 2k Spetnaz.

Military pistols are optimized for one bullet style and one specific set of measurements and loads. It's suggestable to carry a SA pistol with a round in the chamber, but decocked for extra safety.
Kinda small detail but pretty darn useful, safety on when holstered without explicit action and unholster round in the chamber....most of all I like the grip of makarov for my hands....something cool about it

Haldilal

Country flag
Kinda small detail but pretty darn useful, safety on when holstered without explicit action and unholster round in the chamber....most of all I like the grip of makarov for my hands....something cool about it
Ya'll Nibbiars you will be surprised but israeli made such holster for the makarov. And don't knew if they are available on the market. :hehe:

Haldilal

Country flag

omaebakabaka

Haldilal

Country flag
Not bad cost wise, I need to make sure makarov is authentic and made in Russia....lots of east european, vietnam, koran and chinese ones on the market
Ya'll Nibbiars Yeah never buy the Chinese or the Korean one. Even the Warsaw one's are ok but nothing can beat the original Russian one's.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars I would be offline for some time some family matters has come will probably come in few days. And sorry for any Inconvenience. 🙂

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles