Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
My biggest scare is the guys who are gonna make the ak203 here OFB even under supervision they can fuck thing up pretty quickly
Corporatization is the way forward and they should ban/impose limits on the communist workers Union of the OFBs, they deliver absolute shit quality of work with utter impunity due to the fact of muh-job much-govt job,
And the corporates should proceed to fire anyone who's doing shit in the name of labour, if one person protests there are literally thousands out there who are willing to do anything for employment

Pig benis on sushy

Country flag
Corporatization is the way forward and they should ban/impose limits on the communist workers Union of the OFBs, they deliver absolute shit quality of work with utter impunity due to the fact of muh-job much-govt job,
And the corporates should proceed to fire anyone who's doing shit in the name of labour, if one person protests there are literally thousands out there who are willing to do anything for employment
Govt cant do it after seeing many protest for laws they made do they even have guts to corporatisation our leader is currently going for Nobel prize so don't dream of it

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Govt cant do it after seeing many protest for laws they made do they even have guts to corporatisation our leader is currently going for Nobel prize so don't dream of it
But the thing is commies and liberal Dhimmis alike share this deep hatred for ((((capitalism)))) they'll equate this and start another dharna/riot/Fascist mudi/conundrum, which will tarnish the political Mileage for Bhajpa, which is already tarnished to a certain extent

And judging by the fact that mudi/Bhajpa idls literally morphing into a politically correct entity rather than a RW kattar nationalist
I wouldn't be surprised if he just let things be how things are
Pic related:
Screenshot_20210502-123839~2.png

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Does anyone here have experience with firing .44 remington revolver? I ran into firing pin jamming up even after cleaning....this thing is a canon but jamming on revolver was a bit unexpected, may be its just a lemon?
Ya'll Nibbbiars Are you using Bore Butter over the Balls? Have you polished the cylinder pin? if you are using petroleum based cleaners and lubes then the BP fouls it quick and hard. You can also cut grooves in the cylinder pin the the area that falls inside the cylinder.

Haldilal

Country flag
Yes, perhaps I should try different ammo brand?
Ya'll Nibbiars Another trick is to cut a channel in the Cylinder pin about 1/8-1/4" in length with half falling inside the cylinder and the other half outside of the cylinder, inside the cylinder pin hole. This catches the gas blowback and allows the cylinder to perform longer without cleaning. It doesn't have to be very deep to help.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars @omaebakabaka Nibba It's an inherent design fault of the Remington, read some of the contemporary lit. And from the 1860's and folks were complaining about it back then. The Colts are much better about this the best way to deal with this problem is to remove the pin after each cylinder full of shots and clean. It is also dependent on the individual gun. The use of the non-petroleum based lubes on the pin helps.

omaebakabaka

Ya'll Nibbiars Another trick is to cut a channel in the Cylinder pin about 1/8-1/4" in length with half falling inside the cylinder and the other half outside of the cylinder, inside the cylinder pin hole. This catches the gas blowback and allows the cylinder to perform longer without cleaning. It doesn't have to be very deep to help.
hmm, I should not have to do anything like that for a name brand company, my guess is its a lemon or the ammo brand is generating lot of gunk and I noticed it does get pretty warm after a couple of reloads...this is a terrifying caliber with the power it has....massive recoil

Haldilal

Country flag
hmm, I should not have to do anything like that for a name brand company, my guess is its a lemon or the ammo brand is generating lot of gunk and I noticed it does get pretty warm after a couple of reloads...this is a terrifying caliber with the power it has....massive recoil
Ya'll Nibbiars yeah the Remington has the design problems have to be very cautious on cleaning which cleaning products to use. But can't do anything about that its a design is like that.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars @Johny_Baba-DFI tagging you here about the Remington.44 issues.

omaebakabaka

Ya'll Nibbiars yeah the Remington has the design problems have to be very cautious on cleaning which cleaning products to use. But can't do anything about that its a design is like that.
Ya, I have good experience with their shotguns....for some reason I prefer revolvers over magazine loaded ones and same with rifles...bolt action is my preference :)

omaebakabaka

This lines up with what I had to do after the jam and repeat again, perhaps specific to .44 vs lower calibre ones?

Haldilal

Country flag
This lines up with what I had to do after the jam and repeat again, perhaps specific to .44 vs lower calibre ones?
Ya'll Nibbiars This is the biggest weak point on the Remington design. There is no gas bushing and there is no machined collar to deflect cylinder gasses like on Conversion Colts or the 1875/1890 Remingtons that followed. I've heard of folks machining a recess at the front of the cylinder to hold a bushing to deflect the gas. You can polish the pin until it's easier to get out. Problem is, a tight pin really helps accuracy.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars same problem is also faced by the S&W .44 Magnum

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles