Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
How feasible could it be for us to join the American NGSW program and negotiate to make the guns in India for us or perhaps directly negotiate with SIG SAUER to make their NGSW entrant in India by negotiating directly with them? As there would be some degree of commonality with Sig 716 we already use(my assumption, correct me if I’m wrong). If we want a common futuristic caliber.
(Provided AK 203 deal fails to move forward)
The only way I could see this happen is to see the US reaction once the delivery of S400 SAMs take place.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
How feasible could it be for us to join the American NGSW program and negotiate to make the guns in India for us or perhaps directly negotiate with SIG SAUER to make their NGSW entrant in India by negotiating directly with them? As there would be some degree of commonality with Sig 716 we already use(my assumption, correct me if I’m wrong). If we want a common futuristic caliber.
(Provided AK 203 deal fails to move forward)
The only way I could see this happen is to see the US reaction once the delivery of S400 SAMs take place.
NGSW is pretty ambitious even by US standards 6.8 ammo every carbine and LMG getting its own smuzzle or suppressor cum muzzle so its pretty costly.so the best idea would be going for 144k sigs and 300k carbines of 11.5 inch barrel and buy some OFB ghataks for troops who need 7.62

Flying Dagger

Country flag
NGSW is pretty ambitious even by US standards 6.8 ammo every carbine and LMG getting its own smuzzle or suppressor cum muzzle so its pretty costly.so the best idea would be going for 144k sigs and 300k carbines of 11.5 inch barrel and buy some OFB ghataks for troops who need 7.62
NGSW might be costly for us but moving to a new calibre completely like 6.8 won't . Though we have already made investments to use multi cal rounds now. The rationalization of ammunition would have only made it cheaper in long term.

And why OFB ghatak ? Better go for TAR or expand the carbine deal with dual barrel option for both Ak round and 5.56 NATO. That's something we must do.

Marliii

Country flag
NGSW might be costly for us but moving to a new calibre completely like 6.8 won't . Though we have already made investments to use multi cal rounds now. The rationalization of ammunition would have only made it cheaper in long term.

And why OFB ghatak ? Better go for TAR or expand the carbine deal with dual barrel option for both Ak round and 5.56 NATO. That's something we must do.
Expanding the carbine deal for multi cal with options of 7.62x39 and 5.56 makes sense because ak are good for counter insurgency and also you get carbine length weapon

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
How much does the NGSW AR cost?

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

I think TAR with 1913 rails and M4 style stock it was initially seen with will be good enough for those who need the 7.62x39, cuz OFB said they can add rails but were not asked for it by the customer.

Marliii

Country flag
I think TAR with 1913 rails and M4 style stock it was initially seen with will be good enough for those who need the 7.62x39, cuz OFB said they can add rails but were not asked for it by the customer.
OFB says many things to get the deal and when they recieve it they go back.these are the dudes who say their guns are the 'best in the world' so OFB word is as good as an old sack

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
This one? This is OFB TAR with M4A1 stock.
1620111983407.png

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
And further complicate the ammo circus?😂
In limited numbers for SF use, I meant, it’s not that we don’t import ammo, we import ammo for PKM and Dragunov from Russia the 7.62x54mmR cartridge.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
In limited numbers for SF use, I meant, it’s not that we don’t import ammo, we import ammo for PKM and Dragunov from Russia the 7.62x54mmR cartridge.
Best thing we can do is replace them but will still permanently have to be imported or made here as all our tanks use PKT.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles