Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Any idea about the length of our astra def indra rifle ?

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I don't think so with astra their website is fishy no instagram account nothing no response don't know are they even making or business is finished SSS looks a bit promising with their p-72 recon carbine
SSSD does no PR, they are fishy too, looks like Army rejected their offerings.

Pig benis on sushy

Country flag
Yup they copy or assemble here but it doesn't matter seeing current situation of our arms and ammunition supply I would support them rather than ofb and PLR got lisence to make barrels in India so there is hope that a Indeginious design may come as PLR have got experience while making iwi rifles

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Yup they copy or assemble here but it doesn't matter seeing current situation of our arms and ammunition supply I would support them rather than ofb and PLR got lisence to make barrels in India so there is hope that a Indeginious design may come as PLR have got experience while making iwi rifles
Problem in India is, will ask foreign manufacturers to tie up and make here, but if they are making it here with tie up already, they get no significant orders.

Adani makes IAI drones in India with tie up, no orders as usual.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
I don't think so with astra their website is fishy no instagram account nothing no response don't know are they even making or business is finished SSS looks a bit promising with their p-72 recon carbine
Astr defence is just a 24 year old guy just out off Btech college trying to start a company and looking for investors. The gun design was most likely part of his B tech project which he is trying to improve and market.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Problem in India is, will ask foreign manufacturers to tie up and make here, but if they are making it here with tie up already, they get no significant orders.

Adani makes IAI drones in India with tie up, no orders as usual.
I was pleasantly surprise/shocked when I first found our that Adani-PLR had atleast gotten some patronage from CISF and state police forces.

Pig benis on sushy

Country flag
Astr defence is just a 24 year old guy just out off Btech college trying to start a company and looking for investors. The gun design was most likely part of his B tech project which he is trying to improve and market.
What's his progress in his projet any clue

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
What's his progress in his projet any clue
Prototype was fabricated using the facilities of RFI, Kolkata. That prototype was showcased in Defence expo 2020. Since then he has fine tuned the design.
Not sure whether he has full time acess to OFB facilities or it was just a one time oppurtunity (type of internship).

Pig benis on sushy

Country flag
Prototype was fabricated using the facilities of RFI, Kolkata. That prototype was showcased in Defence expo 2020. Since then he has fine tuned the design.
Not sure whether he has full time acess to OFB facilities or it was just a one time oppurtunity (type of internship).
Agar ofb me gaya hoga design then 100% something like sanghi scar mock will come out

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles