Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Akim

Professional
Country flag

..........................................................................................................................................
Sorry, wrong topic. I think where the map has disappeared. It seems to stir.
Mod, please delete the message.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Falcon Slayer is DFIs Arad fanboy
Look at him all happy 🤣
Arad is the best gun for our requirements. I don’t think there is any need to buy CAR-816. I doubt their manufacturing quality plus the fact that the company doesn’t have a huge portfolio or experience. IWI has everything, it spends a lot on R&D, their military has a lot of combat experience and hence everyone working on IWI knows what to do with it as every Israeli at one point in his life has served in the army and fired live weapons in combat. Plus their production quality is unmatched. Arabs hate India and Indians, no point helping them is another point. Their government might be friendly but their people hate India just like Bangladesh where people hate India but their government loves India. I’ve been to Arab forums and they abuse us regularly so no point trusting them even if we don’t abuse other nationalities.

We should buy Galil in 7.62x39 and Arad in 5.56. Period.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag

Gessler

Country flag
We should modernise our entire FN FAL/Ishapore rifle to this configuration!!
Any private firm like SSS defence who are modernising Lee Enfields, should also do this!! Also a thing to note, look at the muzzle brake in these rifles
View attachment 84493
View attachment 84494
This particular configuration, we can't. The SLRs we have/had are not the Para-FAL variant (with foldable stock, with the spring assembly tucked into the receiver itself). We have the traditional SLR/FAL with the spring jutting out way into the stock:

So no folding stocks for us. Though I've seen one prototype OFB-made folding stock SLR in a video of Ishapore museum. Likely they experimented with the concept, and perhaps made a handful (like the full-auto 1C SLR) but it never saw any widespread production or use, not even as much as the 1C SLR did.

Either way, a modernized SLR would have been a great way forward - IF we had no other choice. When you're adding brand spanking new AR-10s like the 716 to the armoury, wasting any amount of money in procuring upgrade kits for some old, poorly-made SLRs is bonkers. Might as well spend that money for procuring optics, grips etc. for the 716s we're already buying.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
This particular configuration, we can't. The SLRs we have/had are not the Para-FAL variant (with foldable stock, with the spring assembly tucked into the receiver itself). We have the traditional SLR/FAL with the spring jutting out way into the stock:

So no folding stocks for us. Though I've seen one prototype OFB-made folding stock SLR in a video of Ishapore museum. Likely they experimented with the concept, and perhaps made a handful (like the full-auto 1C SLR) but it never saw any widespread production or use, not even as much as the 1C SLR did.

Either way, a modernized SLR would have been a great way forward - IF we had no other choice. When you're adding brand spanking new AR-10s like the 716 to the armoury, wasting any amount of money in procuring upgrade kits for some old, poorly-made SLRs is bonkers. Might as well spend that money for procuring optics, grips etc. for the 716s we're already buying.
Mate, I only wanted modernised SLRs with CAPF and more importantly the State Armed Police Forces. Since CAPF is modernising they might buy a brand new Battle Rifle for DMR role, but State Police Forces are turned a blind eye for modernising, hence weapons present in their arsenal like Lee Enfields, SLRs are to be moded for sniper and DMR role respectively!! As far as standard issue assault weapons is concerned, the AK-203 deal if selected for the army, then this same rifle should be issued to the state police as well, albeit they already have Bulgarian arsenals around!!

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Mate, I only wanted modernised SLRs with CAPF and more importantly the State Armed Police Forces. Since CAPF is modernising they might buy a brand new Battle Rifle for DMR role, but State Police Forces are turned a blind eye for modernising, hence weapons present in their arsenal like Lee Enfields, SLRs are to be moded for sniper and DMR role respectively!! As far as standard issue assault weapons is concerned, the AK-203 deal if selected for the army, then this same rifle should be issued to the state police as well, albeit they already have Bulgarian arsenals around!!
Any news on ak 203

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
What is strange is that there is no noise in the media or by government about AK-203 deal, coinciding with Russian FM Lavrov's visit.

Normally, you would find a lot press releases, signed MOUs about JVs and other programmes with such state visits. But this time there is suprisingly no noise.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles