Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harbinger

कसाई
So at the end, AK-203 will be a mess. Hence I support Gas operated Short stroke AR-15s with 14.5” Barrel or even a 16” barrel.
AR-15 is a civilian gun mate. The early rifles of m16 line, (even today) suffer from frequent jams because of the cramped design i referred to. But yeah the ak203 India is trying to procure will be a mess.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
AR-15 is a civilian gun mate. The early rifles of m16 line, (even today) suffer from frequent jams because of the cramped design i referred to.
The gas operated AR-15s don’t. Yes the AK-47 is reliable but doesn’t mean AR-15s are unreliable. It depends which one you pick.

Harbinger

कसाई
The gas operated AR-15s don’t. Yes the AK-47 is reliable but doesn’t mean AR-15s are unreliable. It depends which one you pick.
Well they do improved the line so yeah, united States is still using it. This ak vs armalite debate will never end, but they're more accurate than AKs.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Well they do improved the line so yeah, united States is still using it. This ak vs armalite debate will never end, but they're more accurate than AKs.
Kalashnikov and Armalites are made for different uses. I would prefer a Kalashnikov as an Assault Rifle and Armalite as a Carbine.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
There are some reports suggesting that reliance is making an indigenous LMG for army s 41k leg deal and that sss def has went out of the competition as they want to participate in carbine and sniper RFIs

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
I think the ak 203 deal will be another pak fa. India will string along for another 5 years or so, and then drop it.
Every now and then some media articles appear, but no progress.
What can happen though, is another 2-3 tranches of emergency procurement of Sig716.

Harbinger

कसाई
Moreover @FalconSlayers @Marliii i personally agree on the AR-15 procurement thingy too given if it is issued and maintained properly by units which receive it, it's not viable to see infantry *mostly* relying on captured AKs from jihadis. And probably that might be one of many reasons behind the procurement of Kalashnikovs, jawans are more than familiar with the ak platform.
IMG_20210309_200644.jpg

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
I think the ak 203 deal will be another pak fa. India will string along for another 5 years or so, and then drop it.
Every now and then some media articles appear, but no progress.
What can happen though, is another 2-3 tranches of emergency procurement of Sig716.
My only problem with ak203 deal is that indigenous ak clones are made here but they still need a downgraded version with royalty to ivan

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles