Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vayuputra

Country flag
I know.just pointed ut out because there is a whole argument from that patka photo.
If I'm not wrong chethan cheetah , crpf commandant took two rounds to his patka and still survived, none penetrated through the patka,between I love patka, its unique which makes us stand outside the crowd, we must working on improving patka with state of kevlar .

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
If I'm not wrong chethan cheetah , crpf commandant took two rounds to his patka and still survived, none penetrated through the patka,between I love patka, its unique which makes us stand outside the crowd, we must working on improving patka with state of kevlar .
SM CARA Patka Appliqué
1634906493922.jpeg

Anyway, modifying the patka by adding anything more will further increase the weight and make it even more uncomfortable than what it already is.

Covfefe

Country flag
Patka has saved many lifes but better options are available that can theoretically and proved to stop 7.62 exist so 70s helmet and patka has to be replaced
Which ones are in service? Any manufactured by Indian vendors??

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Patka is just a piece of bent steel, that's it. Kevlar can't improve anything in a steel.

The problem here is not penetration; it's energy. Even a relatively thin layer of RHA steel can stop 7.62x39mm from penetrating. But how're you going to deal with that 2000 joules of energy? How is one supposed to stop it from transferring into the cranium.

There are many cases where people have survived bullet injuries to skull. But those are more of exceptions.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Which ones are in service? Any manufactured by Indian vendors??
I have heard of A variant of the FAST helmet made by US and how it saved a US special forces trooper from a 7.62 round.and also a french SF guy but those helmets are costly don't know about any one from indian vendors

Marliii

Country flag
I have heard of A variant of the FAST helmet made by US and how it saved a US special forces trooper from a 7.62 round.and also a french SF guy but those helmets are costly don't know about any one from indian vendors

Covfefe

Country flag
What could be the landed cost of such helmets in India at a mass purchase? Or any retail price available publicly?

Marliii

Country flag
What could be the landed cost of such helmets in India at a mass purchase? Or any retail price available publicly?
There are many helmets like @Lonewarrior said. I just took the most widely used helmets by special ops and army had an RFI for 50k 7.62x39 resistant helmets but it didn't went anywhere for now

Global Defence

New threads

Articles