Slumdog @ Oscars

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Slumdog Millionaire' has won five awards including Best Adapted Screenplay, Cinematography, Sound Mixing, Film Editing and Original Score.
Oscars
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, Dev patel and Freida Pinto
India's Smile Pinki wins best documentary short subject award.

THE OSCAR WINNERS...

Best Original Score: A R Rahman for Slumdog Millionaire . “I have nothing but my mother and she is there with me. I thank her for making me coming all this way with her blessings,” said a proud Rahman.

Best Film Editing: Chris Dickens for Slumdog Millionaire

Best Sound Mixing: Ian Tapp, Resul Pookutty for Slumdog Millionaire. “This is just not a sound award, but a history being handed over,” said Indian receiver Pookutty.

Best Cinematography: Anthony Dod Mantle for Slumdog Millionaire

Best Adapted Screenplay: Simon Beaufoy for Slumdog Millionaire. “The cast and crew of the film told me so much about India and writing,” said a proud Beaufoy.

Best Documentary Short Subject: Megan Mylan for Smile Pinki

Best Sound Editing: Richard King for The Dark Knight

Best Visual Effects: Eric Barba for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Best Documentary Feature Film: James Marsh for Man on Wire

Best Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger for The Dark Knight . It was a special moment for actor’s family - mother Sally, father Kim and sister Kate who came to receive the trophy on Ledger’s behalf.

Best Live action short film: Jochen Alexander for Spielzeugland Toyland

Best Make-up: Greg Cannom for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Best Costume Design: Michael O’Connor for The Duchess

Best Art Direction: Donald Graham Burt for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Best Animated Short Film: Kunio Kato for La Maison En Petits Cubes

Best Animated Feature: Andrew Stanton for Wall-E

Best Original Screenplay: Dustin Lance Black for Milk

Best Supporting Actress: Penelope Cruz for Vicky Cristina Barcelona. “Has anyone fainted here, may be I will be the first one,” exclaimed Penelope immediately after receiving the award.

THE SHOW BEGINS...

Hilarious host Hugh Jackman opens the ceremony with a grand performance.

THE HOST...

Will Smith announced the awards for best visual effects, sound mixing and film editing categories.

Natalie Portman and Ben Stiller were the next to grace the stage to announce the award for best cinematography.

Sarah Jessica Parker clad in a shining silver off shoulder gown with Daniel Craig played the perfect host to a set of awards including best art direction, costume design and make-up.

Tina Fey and Steve Martin opened the awards ceremony announcing the first set of awards including best supporting actress, original screenplay and adapted screenplay.

Hilarious host Hugh Jackman opens the ceremony with a grand performance with actress Anne Hathaway.

Australian entertainer Hugh Jackman, stands tall as the first-time host to the ultra-glam evening. Though, he had hosted Broadway's Tony Awards three times in the past.

Robin Roberts welcomed the guests at the Red Carpet in a sensuous red gown designed by J Creww as she arrives for the 81st Academy Awards in Los Angeles.

RED CARPET

The much awaited and much anticipated, 81st Academy Awards will begin shortly with the Red Carpet already rolled out at the Kodak Theater.

Some of the stunning arrivals at the Red Carpet include teen idol Miley Cyrus, Aliciya Keys, actress Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet, Angelina Jolie, Penelope Cruz, ‘Slumdog...’ star Freida Pinto, ‘The Wrestler’ star Marisa Tommei to name a few.

British director Danny Boyle shepherded the extended ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ family down the red carpet. The nine cast members, who played the three main characters in the rags-to-riches fairy tale were all on hand for the Oscars ceremony. The two youngest cast members, who still live in Mumbai's slums, were making their first trip outside India

After months of controversy and speculation, the wait will finally be over. With movies like Slumdog Millionaire , The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and The Reader leading the way in major categories, it's tough to predict who will take away the trophy. So do you think 2009 will be the year that ends India's dry run at the Oscars?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4173337.cms

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
That's good news. Congratulations

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Best Director - Danny Boyle
BEST FILM - SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE

A.V.

It's Jai ho for Rahman, wins two Oscars

a moment to celebrate and be proud of.:D

AR Rahman on Monday scripted history by becoming the first Indian to win two Oscars for the Best Original Score Slumdog Millionaire and its foot-tapping song Jai Ho.

"Before coming here I was excited and terrified. The last time I felt that way was when I was getting married," he told in his acceptance speech after bagging the Original Score Academy.

"There is a Hindi dialogue mere pass ma hai which means even if I have got nothing I have my mother here. I want to thank her for coming all the way to support me," the 43-year-old musician said.

Rahman was again on the dais to accept the Oscar for the best Original Song for the number Jai ho, sung by Sukhwinder Singh and Mahalaxmi Iyer.

Before that he performed a medley of Jai ho and O saya assisted by dancers and singer John Legend.

"The essence of the film is about optimism and home. The power of hope in our lives. All my life I had the choice between hate and love. I choose love and here I am," said the musician while acceand best director still to come.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Really proud of Rasool and A.R Rahman, these guys made me so happy. Kudos to the whole Slumdog Team!

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
How India shone at the Oscars

When sound editor Resul Pookutty joined a very small group of Oscar-winning Indians (following Gandhi costume designer Bhanu Athaiya and Satyajit Ray [Images], who won a lifetime achievement award), he invoked the word Om.

He certainly set an Oscar record at the evening that belonged to the rags-to-riches love story, Slumdog Millionaire [Images].

Another record was set when A R Rahman, winner of two Oscars (for the song Jai Ho and the movie score) for Slumdog Millionaire, used a Tamil expression. The movie nominated for 10 Oscars in nine categories had a dream run at the 81st edition of the Academy Awards, winning eight trophies, including for best film and best director.

In a way, the Oscar ceremony evening belonged to India.

Though Slumdog is a British film distributed in North America by an American mini studio, Fox Searchlight, the stage at the Oscar event was filled with Indian talent after the film won the best Oscar beating heavyweight films like The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button.

Apart from most of the key players including the kids, Anil Kapoor [Images] and Irrfan Khan [Images], and apart from A R Rahman, there was also diplomat and novelist Vikas Swarup, whose book Q&A inspired Simon Beaufoy's Oscar-winning adapted screenplay.

Earlier, Smile Pinki, a real fairytale about an Indian plastic surgeon who operates for free and fixes children with cleft lips, received a documentary award.

Seldom has one seen such a big gathering of Indians on a Hollywood awards stage. When Gandhi won many Oscars in 1982 including for best film and best director, there were hardly any Indians on the stage, except Athaiya (the first Indian to win the award). Of course there was Ben Kingsley (born Krishna Bhanji), son of an immigrant with roots in Gujarat and a British mother.

The young cast of Slumdog Millionaire at the red carpetCut to this year, with two of the three Oscar-nominated songs being in Hindi (with Jai Ho winning the award) and performed with colourful and vigorous Bollywood dances, and with Rahman invoking in Tamil a saying about divine greatness, the proceedings at times looked like a Bollywood event held in Los Angeles.

"Winning any important award, be it Oscar, Golden Globes or BAFTA (the British equivalent of the Oscars) ought to help the film become a bigger success," Rahman told Rediff India Abroad. "Some people in India have said that the film insults India. But I believe that it is a film filled with hope and about healing and the fact that the kid in the film (Jamal, played by Dev Patel [Images]) chooses love over hate also shows how someone in India with little education can have high principles and values. People abroad can value and admire India more after seeing the film. It is also a good example of the artistic talent we have in India. "

The master composer also said that the film made him think of his own struggling days and how he kept his hopes high believing in the goodness of humanity. Growing up, he said, he had a choice between hate and love; but he chose love.

The eight Oscars for the film, which has also won major awards including BAFTAs, means a potential box-office resurgence, and where it opens in the next few weeks, a commanding start. Films which win best picture and best director carry much more box-office clout than films that win technical awards.

A R RahmanSlumdog is showing in some 2,200 theatres in North America and about 1,000 theatres in other countries. By coming Friday, the total number could exceed 4,500.

This is the first time the art-house wing of Rupert Murdoch's 20th Century Fox studio has won the top Oscars. Fox Searchlight has distributed several Oscar nominated and Oscar-winning hit films, like Little Miss Sunshine, Sideways and Juno, but seldom has the mini studio found such luck as with Slumdog.

The studio acquired the film for North American distribution (later adding India and a couple of other territories) when the original distributor Warner Independent folded into the parent company Warner Bros, which was reluctant to release the film in 2008.

It had many other films to take care of, and even seriously considered sending Slumdog straight to video. Now, Slumdog could eclipse Juno's $220 million worldwide gross in 2007.

Made on a modest (for a Hollywood or British film) $15 million budget, Slumdog grossed about $170 million before its Oscar triumph; $98 million of it from North America and about $33 million from the United Kingdom.

Hollywood observers were saying over the weekend that even without the Oscars, it could end its worldwide run with an eye-popping $225 million. Now, the projections go beyond $250 million.

The movie is yet to open in Japan [Images], South Korea, Germany [Images], much of Scandinavia and South America. Some Hollywood insiders believe the film could fly beyond $300 million worldwide, making it one of the most profitable films of the last decade.

"When we set out to make the film, we were only conscious of the market back home," director Danny Boyle [Images] told Rediff India Abroad. The British director has made award-winning films like Trainspotting. But none of his previous films come anywhere near the critical acclaim and box-office Slumdog Millionaire has received.

"We thought given the fact that the British know quite a bit about India and Bollywood, and also the fact that we have a large South Asian population in the United Kingdom, the film would have a very good run in my country," Boyle said.

But when the film opened to enthusiastic response in Telluride, Colorado and received soon after even a warmer welcome at the Toronto International Film Festival last September, he knew the movie would do well in North America.

Resul Pookutty"Toronto for us was the defining factor," he continued. "And when reviewers across America began embracing the film, we became optimistic it would do very well in America and Canada [Images]."

The worsening recession in America also helped.

'Actually it's a film that says there are more important things than money,' Simon Beaufoy told reporters backstage after the award. 'That struck a chord.'

Most foreign distributors for the film are independents. Influential trade publication Variety called Slumdog 'the ultimate independent film, breaking all the rules in its box office performance and operating outside of a big studio's worldwide distribution net.'

The movie, the publication added, 'is a bonanza for its foreign distributors, who often get saddled with third-rate Hollywood fare or art-house titles that work in only a few territories.'

Variety also reported how some distributors turned 'creative' to publicize the film. In Italy [Images] where the film has become a sleeper hit grossing $4.2 million in 12 weeks, distributor Lucky Red gave it a Christmas-like publicity.

'The film was going up against all these Italian Christmas comedies, so the poster had Dev Patel and Frieda Pinto standing on the railway station which was now covered in snow,' sales executive Mike Runagall of Pathe International told the trade publication. 'It looked like Christmas in Mumbai [Images].'

While Slumdog was the most triumphant Oscar nominee, the biggest loser was The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Though the $150 million movie is doing very good business worldwide -- having grossed over $250 million halfway through its worldwide run -- and secured 13 nominations, including for best picture, best director (David Fincher [Images]) and best actor (Brad Pitt [Images]), it got the Oscars only for art, make-up and visual effects.
http://inhome.rediff.com/movies/2009/feb/23how--india-shone-at-the-oscars.htm

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Congratulations to the winners, the unit and the fellow countrymen.

Really a proud moment for all of us.

Triton

Founding Member
Congrats to the whole crew members of the movie Slumdog Millionaire; A.R Rahman & Rasool Pookuty, we are proud of you guys. Go on and tell the whole world that we also got some dedicated talents :vehicle_plane:

A.V.

the reality check --- by barkha dutt

In keeping with the flavour of the season, here’s a quiz question for your thought menu. Now that Slumdog Millionaire has romped home with a sackful of Oscars, the next time a scraggly, street kid sidles up to your car window and stretches out a tiny, pleading, desperate hand, will you, a) grumpily order your driver to hit the accelerator and quickly drive ahead; b) slink lower into the plush leather of your seat and squirm in awkward guilt; c) place a Rs 10 note in the child’s hand and feel better; or- d) crib about how India can’t hope to make a mark in the world if beggar children swarm our streets?

Make no mistake; I loved the film. Even before the Oscars provided the carpers in Urban India with a legitimate alibi to love it as well, I found the entire debate around whether Danny Boyle was guilty of ‘exploiting poverty’ both false and petty. On the contrary, I thought the movie succeeded marvellously at capturing the can-do spirit of India, while being mercilessly honest in chronicling its underbelly. unrealistic? Perhaps. But only as much as the angry-young man allegories of the ‘70s, when Amitabh Bachchan could single-handedly eliminate the bad guys. Would the West have reacted in the same way had an Indian made the same film? Maybe not, but so what? That doesn’t mean the film should have been held up to a different ethical standard than our own movies. Frankly, I thought a lot of the cribbing was rooted in xenophobic insecurity.

But have you noticed how the Oscar win has suddenly papered over all the differences? Other than a handful of staunch naysayers, much of India is now exulting in the global recognition. We can’t get enough of what Freida Pinto wore on the red carpet, and what Angelina Jolie said to her and whether ‘Jai Ho’ is now an international chant. So, in a matter of days, the discourse has conveniently changed from complaining about the ‘outsiders’ exploiting us to celebrating how the “outsiders” are finally recognising us. In other words, we didn’t like being confronted with the naked truth of our slums; but we sure as hell love the Oscars.

What does this paradoxical response tell us about ourselves as a people? My guess is that New India quite simply got accustomed to being branded in terms of Bangalore rather than beggars. In our self-image we were home to the world’s outsourcing capital; not to Asia’s largest slum. After decades of being stereotyped in postcard images of poverty and saffron saints, we wanted the visual memory of India to be radically different. The dapper Wall Street Banker now defined the Indian Diaspora instead of the Gujarati newsstand owner. We were tired of being asked preposterous questions about how we spoke such good English (so what if “we” just made up about 3-5 per cent of our country). And by the time Forbes figured out that some Indians were stinking rich, we were vicariously celebrating our new branding in the global imagination. Quite simply, a burgeoning middle-class was so enamoured of its own energy and skills, that we simply forgot that more than 800 million people in India still earn less than 20 rupees a day. In other words the Oscar ties in with the self-image we seek; the slums remind us of what we try and forget.

To some extent the Indian frustration with misinformed and over-simplistic Western perceptions is understandable. We understand that many different threads have been woven together to create our national tapestry. We know that the street urchin and the Nano are both pieces of the Indian jigsaw. We get the fact that Infosys is one truth of India, Dharavi is another and they don’t cancel each other out. We have worshipped A.R. Rahman for years, and think it’s about time the rest of the world woke up to his genius. And yes, we grew very tired of the glossy, coffee-table books that could only capture the ‘colour’ of India through cows, garbage and holy men.

Those of us who studied at American and British universities 15 years ago have vivid memories of fighting prejudice and ignorance about our country. So, anything that may trigger that old India cliché evokes both hostility and resistance in us. That could explain some of the strange anger that Slumdog Millionaire evoked in India. I didn’t agree with it — especially since I thought the movie was about the innate fighting spirit that defines India — but I can understand where it comes from.

What is tougher to understand is why international recognition changes our mind. Take, Trinidad-born, V.S. Naipaul for example. He famously enraged India by describing it as the “world’s largest slum” and by calling us a “race of withered men.” He made a career out of pulling us down and rubbishing us as a wounded civilisation. But I can bet you that for all our discomfort at his writings, we would still like to claim his Nobel Prize as an ‘Indian’ win. We fell over ourselves to claim Bobby Jindal and Sunita Williams as our own as well, ignoring their own disassociations. Are we this starved for Western approval?

It’s ironic that Slumdog Millionaire was able to be much more affectionate about India, warts and all, than many of us, trapped in our own strange self-loathing are able to be. It’s almost as if we want the magic mirror that the Queen had in Snowhite; one that will only show us the bits of us we like, and allow us to hide from the rest.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Slumdog Millionnaire: Uncomfortable Q&A- By Abhigyan Jha

At the outset let me apologise to akshay kumar and nikhil advani...i had spoken too soon...i hadn't seen slumdog yet...i stand corrected. If slumdog can be nominated for 10 oscars and wins 8...then akshay and nikhil deserved at least 8 nominations and 5 wins. Because the difference between slumdog and chandni chowk is a mere unnees bees as they say...whereas the difference between benjamin button and slumdog is the difference between heaven and hell.

But why am i hellbent on playing party pooper? Why am i not celebrating the success of slumdog like every other indian? (actually every other indian is not too happy with the Academy's poor choice)

Sure Rehman deserved to win an Oscar. But for this? wouldn't winning for Bombay, RDB been better of?

Here are fifteen disturbing questions that arose in my mind after watching the cinematic hoax of the year. And if you think 15 questions is a convenient trick becaue we are talking about the format of kaun banega corepati...you are damn right...i am using the contrived and convenient tricks used by my friend Boyle and Beaufoy...(the B connection is striking - with all the black swan stuff going around these days turning out starting from B - barrack obama, balika badhu, bidaai - I am tempted to boom all titles starting with B) or is convenience and connivance only reserved for white folk?
(please note the questions are far less disturbing than the answers)

1. Why does amitabh bachchan land his helicopter in the slums and pray why the child dives into a pot of shit to get to him and finally why would mr.bachchan shake the hand of a kid steeped in shit?

Answer: mr.boyle is obsessed with shit and has used this device in the past but he is using the shitpot as a metaphor for the cinema and culture of india of which mr.bachchan is the biggest icon...his subtext is that to get to bachchan you have to be covered in shit...still doesn't uncover why mr.bachchan would land his helicopter in the middle of a slum. Why this scene at all...because mr.bachchan refused to do the film and rightly so? For some strange reason khalid mohammed who rips apart far better hindi cinema... thought this scene was cute. A little boy falling into a pot of shit amuses mr.boyle and mr. Mohammed. What can be more telling?

2. Why is the kid from the slum not actually smart or intelligent to be able to answser the questions? How come all the questions seem to be contrived to suit the boy's past experience. If he doesn't know whose picture is on a 500 rupee note....how can he know whose picture is on a dollar note?

Answer: whatever is convenient is fine by mr.boyle. The kid is shown earning money doing all kinds of things...but he seems to have never seen a 500 rupee note. If this kind of thing was done in a hindi film...the critics would have shredded it on day one. Apparently white directors can do whatever they like...because they give themselves the oscar. Also by not making the kid actually a smart boy they have reinforced the prejudice that a slumdog can only become a millionnaire by chance (it is written they say) and not by merit. (i suspect the wrote the future of their film also, i sniff it's written all over the slumdog oscar win - and it's not fate i am talking about - i refer to a less ingenuous idea called Fixing. A certain white man called Hansie Crinje was quite adept at creating it's written wins for others)

3. A litlte tangential this one. But we have come to a crucial question. Why wouldn't elizabeth by shekhar kapur win more gloden globes and oscars?

Answer: a brown man going and making a white man's film is not okay at all. But a white man making a c grade hindi potboiler is a genius. If slumdog and mr.boyle get any awards...shouldn't manmohan desai get a lifetime achievement award posthumously at least. Mr. Boyle's sad little train sequence of the boy stealing paratha from the roof was right out of a MKD film. Only with far less chutzpah. Apprently white men find such things uncomfortably melodramatic...and so mr.boyle's heart was not in the sequence perhaps?

4. Can riots happen where people are butchered on the road but others simply carry on with their daily business as if nothing happened? Won't everyone run when others are being killed? Won't streets be empty?

Ans: in mr.boyle's twisted india, hindus are slaughtering muslims (no muslim is shown slaughtering hindus...for perspective and fairness, also note how the Hindu-Muslim-Christian name of the protagonist in the book is changed to a pure muslim name in the film) next to a road, where people are simply walking as if they are zombies..they are not even acknowledging the murders right next to them. And suddenly in the middle of mayhem...a little boy appears dressed as Ram. And he is all blue like Krishna. He has a bow and arrow also. Real or surreal...Boyle is steeped in double standard. He shows Indians to be ruthless and without compassion...which is odd considering he is British and we suffered their ruthlessness for more than 100 years and finally when we threw them out...we did it with so much compassion that not a single life was lost. It is easy for Mr.Boyle to paint an entire nation heartless with that one shot.

15. Ah, where are question no.s 5 to 10? I have jumped them just like Mr.Boyle did in his film. If all the questions are connected to the slumdog's life then how did he manage to answer the questions that Mr. boyle skipped? Anyway, this one is the most sickening. It is shown that if you park a mercedes outside the taj mahal...all its tyres etc will be stolen. And then a kid is suspected to be responsible and severely beaten up...while he is beaten up...the kid says...this is the real india...what? Are we a nation of child beaters and thieves? What does Mr.Boyle mean? This is the real india? And worse the white woman in the scene then encourages her white husband to show the real america...the man proceeds to protect the poor boy and offers him money....what? The real america protects the poor third world denizens with charity? No wonder americans want to reward mr. Boyle with 10 oscars.

I can go on and on, a childishly simlistic screenplay. Amateurish camera angles. Blatantly unreal sitations like a laughter track in KBC...where the host keeps laughing sarcastically at his guest contestant and where the audience laughs along cruelly at each jibe. The-host appears to be a pathologically insane paranoid creatuire who deliberately wants to stop the boy from winning. Why? What's his problem? Why would any host do something like that? I have been part of the TV industry in India for 16 years and made a show like Movers & Shakers which featured a pretty mean and sarcastic Host but never seen a Host who is jealous of his guests.

Why does the elder brother kill himself at the end of the movie instead of running away? He has every iopportunity to do so but doesn't. Why does he cover himslef with currency notes...before shooting himself? Because mr.boyle wanted a kiddish metaphor? which was used far better by the Bhatts in Jannat?

Why does mr. Boyle shy away from showing white men involved in the child prostitution in mumbai? After all it was one Briton Duncan Grant who has been the face of child prostitution and paedophilia in India. If he wanted t show the underbelly this was unavoidable considering the kind of beggar gang he was dealing with.

Why would the police arrest a boy just on the recommendation of a host instead of the entire channel. The whole arrest scene is totally not believable. And why would they give him electric shocks and then release him immediately the next day? I know the Mumbai police is not the best. But surely they are not insane and idiotic.

Why would the boy know william colt invented the revolver because his brother used a colt to shoot someone. It could have been a wesson as given in the option. Not to mention the song attributed to soordas which is actually a gopal singh nepali lyric - why would a man who blinds kids make them singh darshan do ghanshyam...how schoolkid like can a man think?

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Slumdog Millionnaire: Uncomfortable Q&A- By Abhigyan Jha

CONTINUED....

Why would a white american couple ask a kid to be their taj mahal guide. And then why would they accept the kid's stupid crap about taj mahal was built to be a 5 star hotel. In the 17th century? What kind of literacy do they have in america that they fall for this kind of nonsense?

My point is not that they shouldn't give 10 or 100 oscars to this film or that. The point is: we as indians shouldn't jump with joy at this shitty film getting any awards. This is not an indian film. It is a white man's film that exploits our weaknesses mercilessly and makes it look as if all we are is our weaknesses. And with the media going ga ga like this... An entire generation of young impressionable indians might be misled to believe Mr.Boyle's version is true.

This piece is written to be the counterpoint to the propaganda called Slumdog Milionnaire.
it's a hoax. let's call the bluff. Mr.boyle it's time you go home and my 1 billion fellow countrymen...it's time you wake up and realise we have all been conned.

I suggest we hold our own International Awards as the Oscars have lost all sanctity by nominating this piece of crap for not one but 10 oscars and then awarding it 8. Why should the white man be the sole judge of excellence for world cinema?

Lastly I feel terribly sorry for the team of Benjamin Button : it's one of the finest films ever. and it lost to one of the worst films ever. It's the Zeitgist at work folks. It is exposing us to the contradictions of our civilization.

watch :

1. Barrack Obama wins the election on the plank of CHANGE. then he keeps Bush's Defence secretary because he wants CONTINUITY. would he have won if he had indicated he would do this?
2. Citibank gets 45 Billion in bailout and proceeds to buy a Jet for its top executives. why would the people want to give their tax monies to Big Business? and why did people elect Obama to give bigger handouts to the corporates? Wouldn't Bush or his cronies have qualified?
3. Closer home why do we find a serial on child marriage to be cute? and popular? what's happened to our common sense?
4. Why do normal citizens demand more draconian laws to fight terror. won't they be the victims of those laws?
5. Who are these people who love the army? isn't it time to get rid of armies everywhere?
6. Why do people applaud the government takeover of satyam? would you like your property taken over by someone without proving your crime?

these are just a few examples - the list is long. and we live in interesting times. which will only get more and more curious.

so no problem if curious case of benjamin button doesn't win now. F Scott Fitzegerald will triumph in the basurdities to range the earth between now and 2021 - the anniversary of this short story on which the Great film is based on.

May The Galactic Spirit heal our corrupted minds.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles