Skyroot Aerospace - Updates & Activities

Vamsi

Country flag
It's always encouraging about India's growth story when I see it making forays and strides in every field and sector, aerospace, research, naval, economics, military and reviosionism (refuting western influenc). But entire ego shatters after watching at China which dwarfs India in all those aspects everytime. It has sounded to start even funny now.

Though, the larger part of the issue remains meagre budget India allocates be it for fighter planes, naval expansion & shipbuilding, city planning and space research, I'm wondering whether India will able to spend that kind of CAPEX on research even when India's economy crosses $10 trillions. They put different goals. No new cryogenic engine might be needed by India as CE-20 can be clustered and so is with SCE-200.
🙄🙄

Coming back to pattern, all USSR, China and even now Iran seem to have been testing different cycles and stages even on similar size of rockets. They produce 3 or more rockets at once for one weight class without bothering to move towards other.
India meanwhile everytime moved focus on acquiring next class of payload capacity based on previous system once it attains one sort of launch capability. So, in their case, it might have been about gaining engine tech. India meanwhile only remained content with achieving a particular launch capacity and didn't bother to develop that class of rocket with some different configuration again.
@Swesh @Vamsi
I would say, apart from budget issues, we don't have long term goal & foresight....When Dr.Vikram Sarabhai was alive, he set us a goal...."To make Bharat, independent in space technology & use space tech for national development", I would say we almost achieved that goal, hence, now we are preparing for Human Space Flight, but what next..... Gaganyaan as of now is political, just like NASA's Apollo program in 60s.....We must from now on set a clear goal just like what Dr.Sarabhai did back then, we should first ask ourselves what we want to achieve in next 25 years, & plan accordingly, we must have a clear goal & then huge budget, without which we are just aimless, ISRO is currently aimless I would say, they just doing things for sake of doing things.

Swesh

Swesh

Vamsi

Country flag

.4 launches in 2023, 8 in 2024, 12 in 2025, 18 in 2026 for a revenue exceeding $100 million
.Reusable vehicles as part of a new series after Vikram
if 1st orbital launch is in oct 2023, how will they launch 4 rockets in just 3 months??

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
LH2/LOX engines for lower stage are inefficient,since LH2 has very low density,they require large tanks thus, lower stages have very high dry mass, & also it's difficult to reuse them,need very high maintenance, because TeT will be very high for them, need high end metallurgy.They have low T/W ratio.

Technically it is easier for us to develop a Gas Generator cycle engine like French Vulcan or American RS-68, after all French Vulcan is loosely based on 67KN HM-7B engine

If we want Heavy Lift Expandable LV like Delta 4 then we should develop RS-68 like low cost engine, if we want Reusable LV then we should go for Methalox engine
You are very high and intelligent person and can easily mog the yahudis.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles