Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
:biggrin2: That’s a real funny one.
On a serious note, almost all defence acquisitions were restarted after DPP 2016 was issued. counting modi government's timeframe as five years would be wrong.

procurements which started as per DPP 2016, we are already seeing them on the ground. so, procurement process is finally working as of now.

Indrajit

Country flag
We have been using artillery on LoC since 2016. There are ample media reports to confirm this. Decision to use it in a particular situation lies with the field commanders. As far as Rafale is concerned it depends upon the larger picture. If we are in a skirmish, to use Airforce or not is a strategic decision. For e.g in 1999 Kargil we decided not to use IAF so as to prevent a full blown war. But once IAF enters the theatre it does not matter whether we use Rafale or Mig21. Then its entirely as per ground situation.
I completely agree that Rafale or another aircraft are necessary. I just wish that there was half as much interest and initiative shown on acquisition of heavy artillery in say batches of 100 a year which even if you left the 1st year of the government out, would be nearing a substantially large quantity of 400 nos. We are far more likely to use heavy artillery than other platforms which might be deemed escalatory. Whilst it would be foolish to guess what might constitute sufficient deterrence to the Pakistani army, the threat of hundreds of these guns on the LC might focus Pakistani attention and give them some pause.

Indrajit

Country flag
On a serious note, almost all defence acquisitions were restarted after DPP 2016 was issued. counting modi government's timeframe as five years would be wrong.

procurements which started as per DPP 2016, we are already seeing them on the ground. so, procurement process is finally working as of now.
Yes, I agree, my point was this could have been expedited on even an experimental basis simply because it might have made much more of an impact in a shorter time frame.

I’m not as optimistic as you, 10 years of the UPA government made it very clear where defence priorities lay in their list. If we have a bad result in the 2019 polls, we might just have 15 years of nothing if the next government again puts these things on the back burner. As it is, the Controversy created on the Rafale deal pretty much caps the numbers on that for the immediate future. What guarantees do we have that any nutcase government that might come in won’t do the same on everything.

pankaj nema

Country flag
If LOC has become Quiet , it means Pakis have been beaten up

LOC becomes Quiet ONLY after Indian Army beats them up

indiatester

Country flag
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...-attack-nirmala-sitharaman-1170923-2018-02-15

In 2017, the Line of Control in J-K saw the worst violence since the 2003 ceasefire. How the army's new 'proactive' strategy is playing out at ground zero.
We have escalated our response and so have the Pakis. As of now, the escalation does not seem to have costed the Pakis any more of their resources to change the path. We have not found an effective way to multiply their costs IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles