Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindustani78

Photo for representation only.

Srinagar, January 12
http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/jammu-kashmir/landmine-injures-soldier-on-loc/527528.html

A soldier was injured on Friday in a landmine explosion on the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir's Baramulla district. Defence Ministry sources said here that the incident took place in the Uri sector.

The victim was identified as Kuldeep Singh of Rashtriya Rifles who was patrolling in Kamalkote area.

The soldier has been shifted to the Army's Base Hospital here. — IANS.

The ceasefire violation was effectively retaliated by the Indian Army. PTI file

Posted at: Jan 12, 2018, 11:08 AM; last updated: Jan 12, 2018, 11:08 AM (IST)
Pakistan violates ceasefire along LoC in Uri sector of J&K

http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/ja...re-along-loc-in-uri-sector-of-j-k/527517.html

Srinagar, January 12

Pakistani troops opened fire at Indian positions along the Line of Control in Uri sector of Jammu and Kashmir, the Army said on Friday. No casualties have been reported so far.

“Pakistani troops resorted to unprovoked firing in Kamalkote area of Uri sector on Thursday evening,” an Army official said. The ceasefire violation was effectively retaliated by the Indian Army.

“There was a lull in firing around 2 am but the Pakistani troops resumed firing after daybreak again,” the official said. PTI

Mikesingh

Country flag

Gen. Sahab is ready to call Pak s nuclear bluff. :drool: best General to have come in the recent times.
The Chief has also stressed that Indian forces will not only target terrorists trying to cross the IB/LoC but also destroy enemy positions from where they are launched, thus hurting the instigators/facilitators equally.

That's why we see so many Paki Army casualties of late as well as destruction of their forward posts. The use of SWATI radars has helped our arty to take out their gun positions too.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
The Chief has also stressed that Indian forces will not only target terrorists trying to cross the IB/LoC but also destroy enemy positions from where they are launched, thus hurting the instigators/facilitators equally.

That's why we see so many Paki Army casualties of late as well as destruction of their forward posts. The use of SWATI radars has helped our arty to take out their gun positions too.
How will Swati help in mortar firing? Artillery is not being used yet

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
i beg to differ here, chinese soldiers stationed at far west, close to russian border does such exercises every morning, It is their routine,. I remember seeing documentary some 15 years ago where chinese army personnel doing some martial arts in minus 45 degree Celsius. I remember the exact temperature reading becoz it was displayed on the tv screen
Hope it is a CCP sponsored documentary that you saw.

NeXoft007

Country flag
If I remember it correctly there were reports last year of use of heavy artillery at LOC
As for use of Swati at LOC I could confirm it. One of my friends posted on LOC told about it a month back (sorry couldn't give details)
No need to give details. Just tell us how was his experience when his group used Swati during ceasefire violations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles