Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Would Pakistan dare do such a thing again?
They would... Not today, but they would do it if they have sufficient funds for such a campaign.
ten years down the line, who knows what kind of political leadership we will elect.

Bosch

Country flag
Really?
They've been daring that act everyday....via jihadi intrusion!
(occupying empty IA bunkers during Kargil was just a matter of detail)
Terrorist intrusion is very different from occupying Indian peaks, no? Occupiers will be kicked out using any means at India's disposal.

I have one more question. Assuming something happens and Trump forces himself into the dispute, what do Pakis get out of it? I think Kashmir's 'internationalisation' has already reached a saturation polint.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
I think the troop movement is not that alarming...they do increase and decrease the troop size due to threat perception.

But canceling Amarnath Yatra & asking all tourists/students to vacate is HUGE!! They must have sensed some extraordinary threat coming from the Paki jihadis.....as politically the move to repatriate is disastrous (after having conveyed that the militancy is now short lived)
Those are definitely huge

But I cannot recall a time when these many troops were moved in such short duration..

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Terrorist intrusion is very different from occupying Indian peaks, no? Occupiers will be kicked out using any means at India's disposal.

I have one more question. Assuming something happens and Trump forces himself into the dispute, what do Pakis get out of it? I think Kashmir's 'internationalisation' has already reached a saturation polint.
Other major powers can only facilitate talks, but not mediate between india and pak.
There is only one thing pakis want ever since cold war ended i.e legitimacy and seat at the big boys table(not UNSC).

Enquirer

Which is worse? Intrusion all the way into the hinterland or just occupying a peripheral post?
Of course the scale of Kargil made things far worse than the continuing intrusions. But if a 1000s of jihadis try to push in on the same day then the magnitude of the event would be bigger than Kargil!

US has always played a role mediating between India & Pakistan....as to how to tamp down periodic escalations.
What India vehemently opposes is a third party telling India what the FINAL settlement on Kashmir should be.
If situation escalates, expect Trump to make some noise and take credit for the tamp down!

ssg_slayer

Director at Search & Troll Wing - STW
But canceling Amarnath Yatra & asking all tourists/students to vacate is HUGE!!
35a , ram janmbhoomi hearing and pakistan's role after we are done with two . We can't allow them to repeat 2008, 1991 and etc. Not just in Kashmir , this might expand in whole India soon.

Enquirer

Five attempts by Pakistan’s BAT on border posts, India hits back with Bofors

AMID THE ongoing confusion in Kashmir, there has been a sudden increase in the quantum and nature of ceasefire violations on the Line of Control (LoC) in the past few days. This followed attempted actions by Pakistan’s BAT (Border Action Team) and opening of artillery fire, which led to severe retaliation by Indian troops against Pakistan Army posts.

https://indianexpress.com/article/i...er-posts-india-hits-back-with-bofors-5876318/

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Baba ne sabko ....jagake rakha ...........................

Bdw latest report is loc.,.silen s

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
So Pakistan has not taken the dead bodies of their special forces commandoes.

I think Pakistan Army maintains strategic stock of whores to breed these mongrels that they ditch them once they are killed. What a shameful existence of these soldiers who give their lives for a disgraced state called Pakistan.

Bosch

Country flag
Now waiting for the fool Qureshi's lies at noon. But they may still give some indication about what Pakis' plan is.

Echelon Four

ISPR's allegations of the IA using 'cluster bombs: it needs to be stated that the IA has no use for cluster bombs because the IA does not possess any platform that's reqd for dropping such 'bombs'. The IA instead uses 155mm cargo rounds containing bomblets that are not cannister-encased. The images released by ISPR

(https://i.dawn.com/primary/2019/08/5d45613d0c5ec.jpg & https://i.dawn.com/primary/2019/08/5d45616e36edd.jpg)

clearly show pyrotechnic cannisters used by OFB-made 155mm illumination rounds that are exploded in air-burst mode. Clearly, the Khaki-clad personnel of the PA & its ISPR require lots of education.

Bosch

Country flag
If anything, one needs to start waiting after 15th as that will free up many resources. I suspect any big policy move will come only after that. Right now, the focus is on preventing paki terrorists conducting attacks like pulwama.

Of course, this argument will go out if Modi and team have decided that this independence day we should have more than one reason to celebrate.

mayfair

Yes, Ahmadis were most desirous of Pakiland & also got most screwed!!
First couple of decades of forming Pakiland, the different muslim sects didn't have that much of a problem....it was more of a Punjabi, Sindhi, Mohajir tussle shaking out!

But in the 70s when Zia took over and got billions of doles from Saudis, he agreed to Islamize Pakiland according to Saudi dictates.......who hated Ahmadis!
Not quite. The first anti-Ahmadi riots in Shitistan took place in 1953, in Lahore, which happened to be where Ahmadis were economically and politically quite sound.

After that it was a case of unofficial discrimination all the way through till 1974 when Ahmadis were formally designated as non-Muslims in the new toilet paper roll of Shitistan (which they called constitution), which was done by Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto!!

Zia did not come to power till 1978-79.

Of course, Djinnah when he died had two funerals- a public Sunni one and a private Shia one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles