Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indrajit

Country flag
The Pakis didn't bomb any of our positions. Their bomb release was from several kms behind the LoC. There was zero destruction on our side as the bombs fell into fields away from our dumps and HQs and one fell on the LoC itself, and thus causing no damage.

If by chance they had caused any damage to our assets, we would have done the same too. The PAF action was more for Paki public perception. We did not want to escalate the situation also due to the advice from the US and Western powers. They had tacitly approved of our strike on Balakot. Thus, we did not want to overplay our hand by escalating the situation and causing consternation around the world.

So it's just not about shooting missiles at each other. It's all about geopolitics too.
Whether the Pakistanis intended to target actual positions or not, they dropped bombs within our territory. What reason for the IAF not to respond in air, are we to do damage assessment first? With all due respect, I continue to remain unconvinced that this was simply a case of following RoE.

I dont disagree with your comments on not wanting escalation. That however is a different even if valid point and not connected to RoE.

Immanuel

Country flag
Boy, I have to give to you, you have written it very well.

False. Don't want to debate about the next line.

Never said he was.

Ahh, I forgot, this is the internet, where one's d*ick size is directly proportional to the number of posts.

Srinagar was something 80km or more from engagement point. Border radar stations will pick the helo up faster than Srinagar ATC.

True. Agreed.

I also thought that, until this.
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/out...arm-its-sukhois-with-israeli-missiles-2044172
Just proves R-77 actually failed to perform satisfactorily rather than RoE issue.

Cheers mate.
I don't know about other AFs but in IAF serious violations in SOP will result in serious admin consequences.

Unless you have better source that the IAF chief, I would argue to chill

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...iaf-chief-b-s-dhanoa/articleshow/69927443.cms

Srinagar AFS is less than 30 miles or 45 km in a straight line from LOC.

Yash Patel

Country flag
Whether the Pakistanis intended to target actual positions or not, they dropped bombs within our territory. What reason for the IAF not to respond in air, are we to do damage assessment first? With all due respect, I continue to remain unconvinced that this was simply a case of following RoE.

I dont disagree with your comments on not wanting escalation. That however is a different even if valid point and not connected to RoE.

What PAF did on that day was to target an aircraft(Su 30 MKI). which was well within its territory.

they set a precedent That changed ROE. Now IAF will shoot down any(pakistan armed forces) plane that comes near LOC!

Mikesingh

Country flag
POK Based Vlogger Shows F-16 Crash location

In Open source Investigation initialed by Indian Twitterati in the hunt for the wreckage site of the F-16B which was shot down by the Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman while flying his Mig-21Bis, have stumbled upon a video uploaded by a Pakistani Occupied Kashmir based video blogger who in his video uploaded in popular video sharing platform ” Youtube” has shared the possible location of the crash site.

POK based video blogger who is obviously scared of the Pakistani military establishments clearly is seen saying that due to privacy issues he won’t be able to show much, but hinted that many locals in the area know what had happened that day and in next clip in the video is seen on top of this house, pointing at a hilltop were alleged wreckage of the F-16B shot down was found.

Charhoi area can be seen with dense settled population . With help from Geo-tagging and comparison of surroundings shown in the video, it is more or less confirmed that area of F-16B had happened in a town called as Charhoi, which is a city and tehsil of Kotli District, In Pakistani Occupied Kashmir. Residents of Charhoi who had login into twitter that day also had confirmed that a fighter aircraft had crashed in the area and many presumed it was an Indian Mig-21 fighter, which was not the case since the wreckage was found in a different town.

Combined Military Hospital at Jehlum Cantt, Punjab, Pakistan is the closest CMH located near Charhoi area which is 90km away from the F-16B crash site. DG ISPR initially has claimed that Three Indian pilots had ejected over POK and One injured pilot was admitted in Combined Military Hospital and one was in their custody and one pilot had died, but by end of the day they did a speculator U-turn and said only one pilot was in their custody which was Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman and mention of additional two pilots was due to multiple unit reports of the same captured pilot.

Clearly, it can be seen in the video that the resident is so scared that he is not mentioning it in clear words but also requests his viewers and commentators on the video not to brand him as a traitor. I can only pray that he is not picked up Pakistan’s notorious spy agency which has a history of disappearing critics of the Pakistani military establishment.

idrw.org .Read more at India No 1 Defence News Website http://idrw.org/pok-based-vlogger-shows-f-16-crash-location/

Needless to say this guy's life is at stake. And the Porkis will naturally deny everything.

sorcerer

Country flag
IAF to conduct exercise in Pokhran from today with 40 Fighter Jets

Under combat concept the IAF will demonstrate its firing capacity with fighter planes, fighter helicopters where dummy targets will be hit. Here, indigenously developed Tejas and attack helicopters will display air-to-air and air-to-ground attacks using different weapons, missile and guided bombs. In this exercise-cum-training Sukhoi-30, Jaguar, upgraded, MiG-21, Mirage and other planes and helicopters will display their power.

Oh boy ooh boy!!

Edit:
Exercise will happen for 40 Days..
40 days...
porks will extend NOTAM to another one month..
in pakistan this year is known as the YEAR OF NOTAM

WARREN SS

Country flag
IAF to conduct exercise in Pokhran from today with 40 Fighter Jets

Under combat concept the IAF will demonstrate its firing capacity with fighter planes, fighter helicopters where dummy targets will be hit. Here, indigenously developed Tejas and attack helicopters will display air-to-air and air-to-ground attacks using different weapons, missile and guided bombs. In this exercise-cum-training Sukhoi-30, Jaguar, upgraded, MiG-21, Mirage and other planes and helicopters will display their power.

Oh boy ooh boy!!

Edit:
Exercise will happen for 40 Days..
40 days...
porks will extend NOTAM to another one month..
in pakistan this year is known as the YEAR OF NOTAM
Blast Near LOC 5 Porki Killed As per ISPR

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
I have a noob question?
We recently had GAGAN shakti.
There's also news of a massive air force exercise involving more than 100 Iaf fighters to happen in Jammu and Kashmir.
How much money will these exercise cost?
I guess a lot , specially it is over the 40 days this one ,fuel cost , maintenance costs ,ammo costs , infra etc .

Now, such exercises I believe are very expensive so , they shouldn't happen just for show off , I think it's a preparation for something or a smoke screen for something.

Otherwise it's very expensive.
Is it preparation just in case US decides to attack Iran?

Or testing of new toys?
We know what happened after GAGAN SHAKTHI!
well!!
what else is our forces supposed to do..
They should always and always test their skills in real life combat situations.
We also are STREAMLINING and EVOLVING out attacks vis a vis new patterns and war doctrines..etc etc..
so these are all is a MUST,economical or otherwise.
WE should not FRET over the economics of such exercises at all. What we learn in 40 days could cut short a real war into 4 days which will cost MORE ECONOMY real time.
BUt if we are UNDER PREPARING OURSELVES it will cost us a war which will last 40 days instead of 4.
Then that LOST is REAL ECONOMY ..REAL TIME

Our Bison shot dead a pak pilot in his F16B guided by 2 pak pilots cuz we are BETTER PREPARED against the flying pigs of pakis who are "CERTIFIED BELOW SKILL" as always

Preparation is EVERYTHING!

We will never know the intentions of our forces unless they reveal it..
One thing is for sure.. there is a HIGHER LEVEL of SYNERGY!

Mikesingh

Country flag
I have a noob question?
I guess a lot , specially it is over the 40 days this one ,fuel cost , maintenance costs ,ammo costs , infra etc .
About Rs 500 crores or about $70 million. But then, we are a $2.97 trillion (nominal; 2019) or a $11.46 trillion
economy (PPP;2019)
!! So that's lesser than peanuts!

And security is priority 1. :biggrin2:

sorcerer

Country flag
About Rs 500 crores or about $70 million. But then, we are a $2.97 trillion (nominal; 2019) or a $11.46 trillion
economy (PPP;2019)
!! So that's lesser than peanuts!

And security is priority 1. :biggrin2:
if we are spending SOOOO MUCH on DEFENCE and IF PEOPLE WANT a LOOOOT in DEFENCE BUDGET
WE SHOULD ALSO SPEND loooooot on learning how to USE these "TOYS" optimum.

That is a good justification!

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
I have a noob question?
We recently had GAGAN shakti.
There's also news of a massive air force exercise involving more than 100 Iaf fighters to happen in Jammu and Kashmir.

Now, such exercises I believe are very expensive so , they shouldn't happen just for show off , I think it's a preparation for something or a smoke screen for something.

Otherwise it's very expensive.
Is it preparation just in case US decides to attack Iran?

Or testing of new toys?
These excercises are done to validate strategies old and new.

The non-satisfactory results are taken back to drawing board for re-evaluation.

If I remember correctly the previous Gagan Shakthi was about validation of country wise mass mobilisation of air assets in both defence and offensive mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles