Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

captscooby81

Country flag
With Options Thinning, Retribution at LoC is the Only Choice, Writes Lt Gen DS Hooda

I know that at the end of this piece many will say that I am endorsing an approach which leads to greater violence, and reliance only on the use of force, which is a poor option. "However, not using force in the false hope of peace also comes with a cost".

Politics invariably kicks in. Accusations are made that the situation along the border has worsened because of all the unnecessarily aggressive rhetoric being mouthed by current leaders in government, and the media hype that is created each time there is some incident on the border.

In my view, all this changed after an Army patrol was ambushed on January 8, 2013 at the LoC and the body of Lance Naik Hemraj was mutilated.

This below message is for the congress and other opposition who keeps crying it was 56inch talk which escalated the LOC violations :crazy::crazy:

The reason for putting the situation in a historical context is to point out that the increase in violence along the LoC had actually started during the previous UPA government and has little to do with any political rhetoric.

This below message for the BJP party members to keep shut and not blabber about giving free hand to army ..Their hands are always free and no one can tie them so easily :blah::blah:

There is also talk about greater freedom to troops to respond to Pakistan army. Anybody who talks about a free hand being given for the first time is diminishing the role of the many soldiers who have manned the LoC since Independence.

The below message is for the peaceniks who keep talking about aman ki tamasha here in india .:bs:

After returning from the Munich Agreement in September 1938, British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain said, “For the second time in our history, a British Prime Minister has returned from Germany bringing peace with honour. I believe it is peace for our time... Go home and get a nice quiet sleep.” Less than a year later, Britain was at war. In international relations, it is better to be a realist than an idealist

http://www.news18.com/news/opinion/...ly-choice-writes-lt-gen-ds-hooda-1654301.html

Last edited:

Poseidon

Country flag
Well my dear friends All the above mentioned units are already in location and are not getting inducted now, the above tweet does not Mention 702 mujahid, it has come from Sabzkot to an area opposite to Poonch.

Their is heavy firing going on in all sectors, expect Porkis to have a Hotline communication soon enough, But the question is when, where and how is this going to end??

Well Gentlemen keep eyes opened for the Months of April and May, we likely to test our cold start doctrine with modification.

The actual battle for real estate may be fought well in desert and semi desert area on west.
Paki int sleuths are monitoring small movement of our for es and so are we.
All this a prelude to the actual upcoming movie.
That is fine.
But I don't think the Army should stop any plans to retaliate for the recent attack on our post which led to loss of four soldiers.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
After returning from the Munich Agreement in September 1938, British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain said, “For the second time in our history, a British Prime Minister has returned from Germany bringing peace with honour. I believe it is peace for our time... Go home and get a nice quiet sleep.” Less than a year later, Britain was at war. In international relations, it is better to be a realist than an idealist

http://www.news18.com/news/opinion/...ly-choice-writes-lt-gen-ds-hooda-1654301.html
This is the reality that JNU jhola ******s should understand. You can't have peace with swines who have tried to invade your country four times.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

There is also talk about greater freedom to troops to respond to Pakistan army. Anybody who talks about a free hand being given for the first time is diminishing the role of the many soldiers who have manned the LoC since Independence.

I rest my case from an earlier arguement.

These are the words of GOC Chinar Corp responsible for surgical strikes.

Akshay_Fenix

With Options Thinning, Retribution at LoC is the Only Choice, Writes Lt Gen DS Hooda

I know that at the end of this piece many will say that I am endorsing an approach which leads to greater violence, and reliance only on the use of force, which is a poor option. "However, not using force in the false hope of peace also comes with a cost".

Politics invariably kicks in. Accusations are made that the situation along the border has worsened because of all the unnecessarily aggressive rhetoric being mouthed by current leaders in government, and the media hype that is created each time there is some incident on the border.

In my view, all this changed after an Army patrol was ambushed on January 8, 2013 at the LoC and the body of Lance Naik Hemraj was mutilated.

This below message is for the congress and other opposition who keeps crying it was 56inch talk which escalated the LOC violations :crazy::crazy:

The reason for putting the situation in a historical context is to point out that the increase in violence along the LoC had actually started during the previous UPA government and has little to do with any political rhetoric.

This below message for the BJP party members to keep shut and not blabber about giving free hand to army ..Their hands are always free and no one can tie them so easily :blah::blah:

The below message is for the peaceniks who keep talking about aman ki tamasha here in india .:bs:

Errrrrr, Sir Ji General saab is talking about soldier level free hand. Naturally a soldier will do whatever it takes to keep himself/themselves alive.

"There is also talk about greater freedom to troops to respond to Pakistan army. Anybody who talks about a free hand being given for the first time is diminishing the role of the many soldiers who have manned the LoC since Independence.

Here, officers and their men constantly face life and death situations and they have to take instant decisions. If bombs are raining down on you and your men are at risk, the commander on the spot better not pick up his phone to ask for any kind of permission. This has always been the consistent position and practice of the Army irrespective of who is in authority or power."

IBRIS

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
^^ Wow, some places there are no signs that posts were ever there. Do you have before and after pics?
These posts were getting shelled day and night. There were instances where paki tried to comeback to rebuild whenever firing stopped. Unfortunately for them we' v had enough already didn't let them come back. Before pics are even more shocking to see how many times they rebuilt and we keep turning them into rubble. Also vegetation is cleared from those areas, no over growth had occurred.

Sameer Chaudhary

...................................................................................................................

Babloo Singh

Country flag
Update on CFV.... Shelling going on in Poonch district, a 45-year-old woman Zainab of Nar Balnoi, Mendhar (Poonch) got killed some time back in Pakistani shelling on LoC. Exchange of shelling going on at 3 spots.

Shadow

Country flag
I don't think it was due to republic day those were the days when we were shelling pakistan everyday. Here check these paki posts have been completly leveled to ground. Notice how close our forward positions are to paki ones. The whole ridge line is all posts i have more pics but im going to limit my posting of these areas.

Where did u get this pic?

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
it's not cease fire violation.....their yamaraj..is coming......
..........ia..will hunt them.....

lcafanboy

Country flag
I don't think it was due to republic day those were the days when we were shelling pakistan everyday. Here check these paki posts have been completly leveled to ground. Notice how close our forward positions are to paki ones. The whole ridge line is all posts i have more pics but im going to limit my posting of these areas.

WOW....this is a scoop....

Can you or someone post this PEE-D-Fuck. Those Porkies need some reality dose..........

Bahut Bolte Hain Saale, Yeh Dekh Ke Bolti Bandh Ho Jayegi Porkiyon Ki. Porki Army needs some serious EMBARRASSMENT at home....this will pull off their Pants and do a FULL MONTY of Porki Army.........:):)

Last edited:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
So finally people started talking beyond counting the numbers and questioning the free hand + justifyig post capture. Otherwise people were much satisfied and boasting about status quo and tit-tat retaliation.
Nice to see this change.

mayfair

^^ That was the logical next step. To break the status quo, you need to break the shackles. Once you get used to being unshackled, you can move on.

In a democracy with an extremely large and lethargic bureaucratic tail, the timelines can often correspond to the lifespan of an elephant and the movement equivalent to the turning radius of an aircraft carrier.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
^^
This is known as weak in crisis prevention or decisive preventive measures.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I think the general is coming from somewhere else. This is a post by ex-IA offr on BRF:

View attachment 23116

I think the General's and my point is that many times in the past there has been escalations and then ceasefire so in this political dialoguebazi we should not put down the efforts of those who have died or got injured on the LOC as some people with less knoweldge on LOC affairs start thinking the Army was doing nothing on the LOC.

mayfair

^^ I am not disputing it. Neither is anyone else.

The point is not that the soldiers were not free to respond with whatever they wanted. Gen sahab has made the same point. Soldiers were told to respond with whatever they HAD but not with what they WANTED.

The point that Akshay Kapoor and others have pointed out is that if our men on the border had to scale up the response or respond disproportionately by calling for higher calibre support or arty support, they would need to seek clearance from the brigade HQ or the divisional HQ and sometimes even the ministry back in Delhi.

The poster pointed that previously the soldiers COULD NOT decide ON THEIR OWN to go beyond mortar fire (51mm was it?). They needed to get prior permissions. I am not saying that the permissions were denied, but they HAD to be sanctioned.

Now the operational autonomy is much higher. Of course, I don't think we'll see local commanders authorising 155mm salvos at the drop of the hat and not just because we do not have enough guns and ammo.

I would like to know @Kunal Biswas take on this

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I have never talked about 155mm.My point was only that cross border raids are not a new trend.It has been going on for sometime and so have been the beheading tit for tat attacks.

I am talking from a pure military point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles