Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Indian, Pakistani troops trade heavy fire on LoC
By IANS | Published: 05th January 2018 04:08 PM |

Last Updated: 05th January 2018 04:08 PM | A+A A- |

Indian Army soldiers patrol near the Line of Control (File photo | PTI)

JAMMU: Indian and Pakistani soldiers on Friday traded heavy gunfire on the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch

Defence Ministry sources said the clashes began after the Pakistan Army resorted to heavy firing on Indian positions in Shahpur area.

"We retaliated strongly and effectively. No damage or casualty has been reported from our side," an official said.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nat...i-troops-trade-heavy-fire-on-loc-1745322.html

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
So how many Pak Rangers identify confirmed who were killed yesterday. Out of 12, must be at least 2 or 3 funerals by now

PS - I had wrongly posted the SSG cdo killed on 25.12.2017 Murawat Khan. I am still unable to confirm the actual cause of his death and place. Meanwhile at least 5 more Pak troops killed in Avalanche don't know if ISPR acknowledge it

Last edited:

NeXoft007

Country flag
So how many Pak Rangers identify confirmed who were killed yesterday. Out of 12, must be at least 2 or 3 funerals by now

PS - I had wrongly posted the SSG cdo killed on 25.12.2017 Murawat Khan. I am still unable to confirm the actual cause of his death and place. Meanwhile at least 5 more Pak troops killed in Avalanche don't know if ISPR acknowledge it
You really think a funeral held in his native town with full military honor of 8 gun salute instead at Rawalpandi would get a normal natural or training death?

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
You really think a funeral held in his native town with full military honor of 8 gun salute instead at Rawalpandi would get a normal natural or training death?

First, nowhere did i mention natural death or 'training' death, so first learn to read properly and then Quote.

Secondly, LoC is not the only place where they suffer casualties and i don't like to post Pak deaths until i am fully convince about their regiment, date, place and most importantly killed by Indian Army. All of my posts here or elsewhere have at least the Regt/unit, date, place etc. The other SSG death was also first posted by me and i posted it only after confirming it and crossed checked from our sources on our side as well. Bcs if i don't check for these things i can post at least 2 - 4 more Pak army deaths killed between 20 December - 31 December and claim that they are also killed by Indian Army

So the source which i shared of Murawat Khan's relative nowhere clearly mentioned the cause of death or the things i personally take to be credible. Not the first time i am posting such posts but doing this for almost 1.5 years now.

Rest i don't really gives a flying fuck what others post.

Last edited:

NeXoft007

Country flag
First, nowhere did i mention natural death or 'training' death, so first learn to read properly and then Quote.
Chill! Lol. I never said you used the words like natural or training death. It's just that you said you are unable to confirm his death cause. So I simply assumed you are referring to natural death or some training death.

Here's the thing, he got 8 gun salute which pretty much talks about the way he died. They are sending a message of his bravery to the people who attended his funeral. So I am unable to digest that he wasn't KIA. The odds are suggesting he died at LoC. Pakistan Army is known for being pathological liars, they would even lie to the family of their deceased soldiers.

Take the case of SSG Havaldar Yasin, posts said he died in Kashmir, but not a single post says he died at Rawlakot LoC. Does that mean he didn't die at LoC?

Btw, can you give me couple of FB posts where the family members or people categorically says that an 'SSG Commando xxxxxxxxx was martyred by Indian firing'?

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Chill! Lol. I never said you used the words like natural or training death. It's just that you said you are unable to confirm his death cause. So here's the thing, he got 8 gun salute which pretty much talks about the way he died. They are sending a message of his bravery to the people who attended his funeral. So I am unable to digest he wasn't KIA. The odds are suggesting he died at LoC. Pakistan Army is known for being pathological liars, they would even lie to the family of their deceased soldiers.
How do u generally look for this type of news?

Hindustani78

NEW DELHI, January 05, 2018 22:21 IST
Updated: January 05, 2018 22:21 IST

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/channels-with-pakistan-open-centre/article22378561.ece

The government is in regular contact with Pakistan, but any meaningful dialogue would depend on an end to terrorism and cross-border violence, the Ministry of External Affairs told the Parliamentary standing committee on External Affairs, according to a report released on Friday.

“The government has maintained the channels of communications open with Pakistan, including through respective diplomatic missions, and regular contacts between the border guarding forces on both sides,” said a reply from the Ministry quoted in the action-taken report by the government on the committee’s 16th report on “Indo-Pak Relations”.

“At the same time, it has been made clear to Pakistan that a meaningful structured Comprehensive Bilateral Dialogue would be possible only in an environment free from terror and violence,” the report added.

The term “including” is significant, as the reply came amid news reports in Delhi and Islamabad that National Security Adviser Ajit Doval met his Pakistani counterpart, Gen. (Retd.) Nasir Janjua, in Bangkok on December 26. Speaking on the condition of anonymity, a senior Pakistani official confirmed to The Hindu that the meeting had occurred, while the government in New Delhi had not yet denied reports.

The channel of communications between the two NSAs was set up during a meeting between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and then-PM of Pakistan Nawaz Sharif when they met on the sidelines of the Paris climate change summit, and the NSAs had subsequently met at Bangkok’s Novotel Hotel in December 2015. Although the Pathankot attack in January 2015 had derailed dialogue between India and Pakistan, the NSAs are understood to have been in touch over the telephone regularly, and frequently through the High Commissioners in Delhi and Islamabad, especially on issues relating to the spike in ceasefire violations, the Pathankot attack investigation and the case of Kulbhushan Jadhav.

Challenges to ties

While no mention was made on Mr. Jadhav or the treatment his mother and wife received in the 82-page report, it contains several references to the challenges to better ties between India and Pakistan, including the rise in firing at the LoC and International Border, infiltration, and support to terror groups .

The Ministry said the government had been successful in ensuring that the groups had been condemned in statements by the BRICS, the U.S. in its South Asia policy statement and the EU and Japan in joint statements with India.

The government made special mention of the UN terror finance watchdog, the Financial Action Task Force where Pakistan was pulled up in November 2017 for allowing the militants and affiliates like Jamaat-ud-Dawa and Falah-i-Insaniyat to access funds. The report, including replies from the Ministry was tabled in the Rajya Sabha and presented in the Lok Sabha on Friday. It was prepared by Congress MP and Chairman of the Committee Shashi Tharoor.

NeXoft007

Country flag
Nope I did search it on Facebook found nothing related to current events
You can try with different keyword combination BUT in my life, I never saw a single random Pakistani or family member of deceased SSG Commando claiming that he was killed by Indian Army firing at LoC. This Pakistan Army have successfully manipulated Pakis into believing that no Indian soldier can kill SSG Commando. You can find SSG Company Commander even claiming 780 SSG Commandos martyred in 2 years during Zarb-e-Azb. But you won't find them claiming SSG Commandos killed by our forces. So, my assumption is this Naik Murawat Khan was killed by none other than our forces.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
These are knee jerk reactions.

Well atleast I am not happy with whatever is being done. Unless until POK is unstable, it's all useless..
Even after their 6 dead they will retaliate in some other way. And then again same chain of events will occur.
You are just giving them status quo and more and more chances to prepare and kill Indians.

They killed 4 Ind soldiers Ind killed 6 of theirs.

We lost 4 of our soldiers with status quo.

US pressure
.................................................................................
USA pressure is shit. India will attack Pakistan with escalating war, cut off oil supply and enforce blockades. Pakistan is not a strong country. There is pressure from various countries to avoid a war and there is a game between various powers. Don't overestimate USA pressure. Pakistan can't afford to do that while India can afford to win even though at a cost with current technology levels and manufacturing ability.

Why Pakistan is silent is because any islamic trouble will make BJP much more strong. Already there is a momentum in favour of Modi, Ram Mandir verdict about to happen and hence any more trouble will only enhance BJP's popularity. Pakistan realised that. Kashmir problems stopped due to the same reasons. Immediately after it stopped, Rahul Gandhi also made a statement saying that BJP is getting political mileage out of Kashmir.

POK is not going to become unstable soon. PoK is heavily militarised and sparsely populated. A few media reports of protests shouldn't flatter you. None in PoK wants to join India and knowing muslims, Modi too, wouldn't like to give them any rights in India.

Hindustani78

USA pressure is shit. India will attack Pakistan with escalating war, cut off oil supply and enforce blockades. Pakistan is not a strong country. There is pressure from various countries to avoid a war and there is a game between various powers. Don't overestimate USA pressure. Pakistan can't afford to do that while India can afford to win even though at a cost with current technology levels and manufacturing ability.
Pakistan get oil from Iran and even from Syria it seems. USA pressure is there and US military is well aware who are supporting Pakistan.

Why Pakistan is silent is because any islamic trouble will make BJP much more strong. Already there is a momentum in favour of Modi, Ram Mandir verdict about to happen and hence any more trouble will only enhance BJP's popularity. Pakistan realised that. Kashmir problems stopped due to the same reasons. Immediately after it stopped, Rahul Gandhi also made a statement saying that BJP is getting political mileage out of Kashmir.
Ram Mandir is not any issue when it is about construction but more about construction of housing for millions of piligrims . Already suggestions have been forwarded to the Central Government to take approval for construction by the Indian Military. Over all Ram Mandir is national cause similar like Somnath Mandir.

POK is not going to become unstable soon. PoK is heavily militarised and sparsely populated. A few media reports of protests shouldn't flatter you. None in PoK wants to join India and knowing muslims, Modi too, wouldn't like to give them any rights in India.
There is no doubt that radars and air defenses have been placed on the disputed territories by the Pakistan Military backed by the Chinese Military and there are reports that more than 5000 Chinese military Advisors are there in Disputed Territories and around 15,000 joint Pakistan-Chinese forces is there.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Pakistan get oil from Iran and even from Syria it seems. USA pressure is there and US military is well aware who are supporting Pakistan.
There is no doubt that radars and air defenses have been placed on the disputed territories by the Pakistan Military backed by the Chinese Military and there are reports that more than 5000 Chinese military Advisors are there in Disputed Territories and around 15,000 joint Pakistan-Chinese forces is there
Even Chinese pressure exists on Pakistan to not start a war. Pakistan is not fighting because it knows it is weak and no side is giving any substantial help to it. A war with India will result in destruction of Pakistan and Indian victory. It is Pakistani weakness and not any pressure that is working. Chinese military will ensure that Pakistan will not misbehave. It is good for India too. So, don't blame the Chinese here.

PoK is simply not unstable. The population in PoK is islamist and prefer Pakistan to India. Let us not dream of any unrest in PoK

Hindustani78

Even Chinese pressure exists on Pakistan to not start a war. Pakistan is not fighting because it knows it is weak and no side is giving any substantial help to it. A war with India will result in destruction of Pakistan and Indian victory. It is Pakistani weakness and not any pressure that is working. Chinese military will ensure that Pakistan will not misbehave. It is good for India too. So, don't blame the Chinese here.
Chinese have transferred Air defenses to Pakistan Military.

HQ-7B/FM-90 is an all-weather short-range ground to air missile weapon system mainly used in important sites and battle fields

PoK is simply not unstable. The population in PoK is islamist and prefer Pakistan to India. Let us not dream of any unrest in PoK
Disputed Territories have been made unstable because of the situation even in Syria and South China Sea.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Disputed Territories have been made unstable because of the situation even in Syria and South China Sea.
Syria and Iraq is unstable due to US military action and the military weakness of Iraq and Syria. Also, Syrian oil was running out with a production of 3lakh barrels a day and consumption of 2.5lakh barrels a day with only small revenue left from small export. Iraq was already defeated in 2003 and USA had made substantial military presence there.

Pakistan is fully supported by GCC and will not be allowed to become unstable that soon. Also, Pakistan has missiles and nuclear bombs which can cause some harm to infrastructure of India, especially Mumbai and Delhi. So, it is unlikely that PoK becomes unstable

Hindustani78

Syria and Iraq is unstable due to US military action and the military weakness of Iraq and Syria. Also, Syrian oil was running out with a production of 3lakh barrels a day and consumption of 2.5lakh barrels a day with only small revenue left from small export. Iraq was already defeated in 2003 and USA had made substantial military presence there.
In Iraq, Central forces has already defeated the Baath Party/ ISIS. And it was ISIS which was supplying millions of barrels of Oil when they were in control of Raqqa.

When ISIS seized Deir Ezzor in 2014, it gained control over Syria’s largest oil field, al-Omar. ISIS also took control of Tanak, Jafra, Ward oil fields near Deir Ezzor, and Shaer and Jazal oil fields near Homs. ISIS also controls several oil fields located on the outskirts of Raqqa. The majority of Syrian oil fields not under ISIS control are located in and regulated by Syrian Kurdistan, which makes the Syrian regime largely dependent on others for oil.

Major roads connect Raqqa to Aleppo, Hama, Homs, Damascus, and Deir Ezzor that provide transportation routes to access ISIS customers and oil refineries. ISIS collects crude oil in large pits located at its oil fields. Local traders drive to the oil fields, wait in a queued line, and fill up their trucks with crude oil, before doing one of three things with the oil. Some traders have a contract with refineries––most are not owned by ISIS because air strikes destroyed its refineries––to transport crude oil from the pits to the refineries. Other traders sell crude oil to a second trader that transports it to rebel-held areas of Syria and Iraq. Thirdly, traders may sell crude oil directly to a refinery or local oil market. ISIS also frequently supplies crude oil directly to refiners, then sells the refined oil or uses it themselves. ISIS shares the profit from the refined oil with the refinery owners.

Russia Delivers Nearly 14,000 Tons

2 days ago
Russian Air Force Il-76 from Krymsk to Hmeimim not landed and returning to Russia

Pakistan is fully supported by GCC and will not be allowed to become unstable that soon. Also, Pakistan has missiles and nuclear bombs which can cause some harm to infrastructure of India, especially Mumbai and Delhi. So, it is unlikely that PoK becomes unstable
GCC doesnt support Pakistan as Pakistan Military is having closer relations with Iranian Military and Pakistan gets oil from Iran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles