Sino-Vietnam Conflicts : Spratley Islands and others

badguy2000

Respected Member
Archimedes once said:

" Give me a fulcrum,I can lever the earth."

Now, I can proudly declare:

"Give me a cooked video, I can earn all cheap tears"

Koji

I can clearly see a large machine gun turret on that "transport".

sleepy_worm

I can clearly see a large machine gun turret on that "transport".
not "transport" , a landing ship LST-848 No. 505. It´s the biggest ship of Viets that participated in the clash. And because it the biggest one , it had been alive as result of the clash,

Now check some details from the Chinese source to see how this Viets ship with large MG on board were damaged : After the first Viets one sank, Frigates No. 531 of China caught the Viets HQ505 and opened 100mm fire on it, till it had been seriously damaged at Collins Reef,

Which side is the AGGRESSIVE one in this case ? Clearly , the BIGGER one ,

赤瓜礁附近海面战斗开始以后,位于赤瓜礁西北一海里鬼喊礁海域的越军505号登陆舰也向我531号舰开火,我海上指挥所立即命令531号舰坚决反击。 531号舰迅速利用速度优势抢占有利攻击阵位,随即以舰炮火力实施反击,越军505号舰难以与我531号舰对抗,很快505号登陆舰就被531号舰多发炮弹命中,全舰燃起大火浓烟滚滚,不得不挂白旗向鬼喊礁抢滩搁浅,后来该舰在鬼喊礁上整整燃烧5天
Next time , pls choose some American figates with 100mm canon on board and try to catch them down in Hawaii

sleepy_worm

Vladimir79

Professional
Soldiers are fighters either to deffend territory of their country or to die for whatever cause they believed in.

In 1988 these VGs had two armed ships each over 800 tons and a 4000 ton landing ship that you got from China. The VGs had first gunfire at PLAs and be punished for their acts.
What business did they have over 1000km from Chinese territory? What business did they have telling Vietnamese soldiers for getting off a coral reef China has no legitimate claim to? What business did Chinese marines have for pulling down a Vietnamese flag in front of their faces? You had no business there and what you did was an act of war. It only shows China's "peaceful rise" is a crock of shyte.

The fight with mashine guns and small canons (mortals) lasted 37 minutes. Over 60 VG and 6 PLA soldiers were killed. Two VG ships were sank and the landing ship damaged. The rest VG soldiers surrendered to PLA.

You little tearing fox faked stories and called it massacre just for getting sympathy in a cheap way. You know it's really an insault and humiliation to those sacrificed soldiers and their beloved ones. They went there with arms and did put up a fight but lost. They may not want to be considered slaughted like a coward sheep. You are taking their dignity from them.
They massacred a bunch of marines waste deep in water protecting a flag. Considering it was peacetime, that is a war crime under the Hague convention. They were nowhere near Chinese territory so you had no business there. If you try pulling that stunt on Russian territory, you will find your fleet meeting the same fate as the New Star.

indiana

If those PLA Navy men retire from PRC Army, they´ll get a better job as pirates in their South China Sea.:smash:

I wanna make this statement according to the China´s claim of territorial water :
Viets, Phillipins, Malaysian ect.... can only FISH ON THE BEACH. The whole South China Sea belongs to China :twizt:
Tibet belongs to China , Senkaku islands belong to China , East Turkestan belongs to China, Zhenbao Island belongs to China,
Inner Mongolia belongs to China , Taiwan belongs to China ....

and also the Moon belongs only to China :thank_you2:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Tibet belongs to China , Senkaku islands belong to China , East Turkestan belongs to China, Zhenbao Island belongs to China,
Inner Mongolia belongs to China , Taiwan belongs to China ....

and also the Moon belongs only to China :thank_you2:
Thanks for reiterating these facts except the Moon part.

We claim what belongs to us, such as Tibet, Taiwan, Xinjiang, etc. But we will not cross the line to claim what doesn't belong to us, such as Moon which actually belongs to all human.

And thanks again.

Vladimir79

Professional
Thanks for reiterating these facts except the Moon part.

We claim what belongs to us, such as Tibet, Taiwan, Xinjiang, etc. But we will not cross the line to claim what doesn't belong to us, such as Moon which actually belongs to all human.
Arunachal, Spratly Islands, Senkaku Islands, Okinawa --- the list just goes on and on. You wouldn't even have Inner Manchuria if it wasn't for the grace of Russia to give it back. You still have nutcases who think Outer Machuria is still Chinese territory.

And thanks again.
Your people have serious issues.

BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Moon real estate on sale in China

qilaotou

What business did they have over 1000km from Chinese territory? What business did they have telling Vietnamese soldiers for getting off a coral reef China has no legitimate claim to? What business did Chinese marines have for pulling down a Vietnamese flag in front of their faces? You had no business there and what you did was an act of war. It only shows China's "peaceful rise" is a crock of shyte.

They massacred a bunch of marines waste deep in water protecting a flag. Considering it was peacetime, that is a war crime under the Hague convention. They were nowhere near Chinese territory so you had no business there. If you try pulling that stunt on Russian territory, you will find your fleet meeting the same fate as the New Star.
No bull, Mr. Lenin. You should know the basic facts:
1) Chinese soldiers were on the rocks first with Chinese flags
2) Shown in the video are the soldiers of both sides, you can number them to see how many were there
3) Casualty caused to both sides and it was VG who started firing
4) The rocks were territory claimed by China even before CCP

5) What is a crime? Russians sank a Chinese merchant ship in May, 2009.

qilaotou

Vladimir79

Professional
No bull, Mr. Lenin. You should know the basic facts:
1) Chinese soldiers were on the rocks first with Chinese flags
2) Shown in the video are the soldiers of both sides, you can number them to see how many were there
Maybe you should learn the basic facts of the battle of Johnson's Reef.

1) Vietnamese solderis had already planted their flag. Chinese sent 40 marines to bring it down. They got into a fire fight and the Chinese retreated back to their boats.

2) Once back on their ships, Chinese opened fire with HMGs and mortars slaughtering the Viet troops on the reef waist deep in water. That is what is shown in the video, not PLA and Viet forces in hand to hand combat. Chinese are not going to open fire with 37mm AA fire on their own troops.

3) Casualty caused to both sides and it was VG who started firing
Because you were trying to bring down their flag in a place you had no business.

4) The rocks were territory claimed by China even before CCP
Those reefs are over 1000km from your territorial waters, you have no rightful claim.

5) What is a crime? Russians sank a Chinese merchant ship in May, 2009.
And we will sink any ship in Russian waters that doesn't obey our laws. Best you remember that before you lose more ships.

Koji

Distance has to do very little. I believe the crux is plate tectonics but I'm hazy on the details.

Vladimir79

Professional
Distance has to do very little. I believe the crux is plate tectonics but I'm hazy on the details.
If it was continental shelf, UN Law of the Sea stipulates 200nm and no more than 350nm with submitted extension. That only has to do with mineral rights, it is still international waters. China doesn't extend anywhere close to make a claim.

Koji

The Paracel Islands, part of China, is within 350 nm. What I don't know exactly is if that constitutes a right, but then, what claim does Vietnam have besides the Spratly Islands being run by the French prior?

ParacelVietnam

qilaotou

Maybe you should learn the basic facts of the battle of Johnson's Reef.

1) Vietnamese solderis had already planted their flag. Chinese sent 40 marines to bring it down. They got into a fire fight and the Chinese retreated back to their boats.

2) Once back on their ships, Chinese opened fire with HMGs and mortars slaughtering the Viet troops on the reef waist deep in water. That is what is shown in the video, not PLA and Viet forces in hand to hand combat. Chinese are not going to open fire with 37mm AA fire on their own troops.

Because you were trying to bring down their flag in a place you had no business.

Those reefs are over 1000km from your territorial waters, you have no rightful claim.

And we will sink any ship in Russian waters that doesn't obey our laws. Best you remember that before you lose more ships.
As long as you use the word battle I have nothing more to comment on your crappy stories. Soldiers fought and lost in a battle. It's better than be killed by sailing a merchant boat. Don't you think? What are you trying to prove here? Terriroty islands or rocks belong to who claimed first. You should have learnt this from schools.

ParacelVietnam

As long as you use the word battle I have nothing more to comment on your crappy stories. Soldiers fought and lost in a battle. It's better than be killed by sailing a merchant boat. Don't you think? What are you trying to prove here? Terriroty islands or rocks belong to who claimed first. You should have learnt this from schools.
I proved to you in this topic: http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/asean-fareast/6353-china-navy-out-rob-money-off-fishermen-asia-sea.html.

In fact, Vietnam had actually managed Paracel and Spratly Islands before the Chinese known that there are two islands occur somewhere!:thank_you2:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles