Sikhs observe birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Amritsar, Dec 31 (ANI): Sikhs carried out here yesterday, 'Nagar Kirtan' as part of the ongoing 346th 'Prakash Utsav', the birth anniversary celebrations of the tenth and last Sikh guru, Gobind Singh.
censored
Thousands of devotees gathered inside the premises of the Golden Temple in Amritsar on Friday, participating in the procession which was marked by the carrying of the Holy Scripture 'Guru Granth Sahib' in a decorated chariot.
censored
"We are celebrating 'Prakash Utsav', the birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh, the tenth guru of Sikhs with fervour. The devotees come here to celebrate the birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh at the Golden Temple with a lot of happiness and devotion," said Parmeet Kaur, a Sikh devotee.
censored
A similar procession was taken out in Patna as devotes turned out in large numbers despite the cold weather.
censored
"We are celebrating the 346th 'Prakash Utsav' Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary, the tenth guru of Sikhs with happiness and fervour. Like every year we are taking out a religious procession and chanting prayers to celebrate the birth anniversary of our revered Guru," said Giani Iqbal Singh, a Sikh leader.
censored
The devotees also chanted numerous prayers while walking along the chariot.

Sikhs observe birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I saw the preparations in Mumbai.

Big time!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Of all religions around the i only have respect for are sikhs due to there actions and not what is written down in books.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Jo Bole So Nihal, Sat Sri Akaal........a religion which is unique and known for equality,sacrificing oneself for others, and bravery.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles