Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
In our on going effort to make DFI a more professional forum, members are hereby notified that all signatures be restricted to three lines only and not be in a manner that is distracting from the actual post. We have created a separate signature box below the post box so that both are separated.

Also no pictures or smilies etc will be allowed. Three lines of text is all we are looking at and that too not too flashy in different colors.

This will help the posts look more readable and also make the forum look more professional.

Members having signatures not meeting this criteria, are requested to modify the signatures immediately. A three day deadline is i think fair enough after which staff will delete all such signatures.

Regards,
DFI Staff

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
This is a very good step in the right direction, kudos t the DFI Management and Team for taking this slightly tough decision.

ppgj

We have created a separate signature box below the post box so that both are separated.
yusuf,
previously we used to see the signature within the message box. the separation box is to me a bit too distracting. it looks as a post in itself. may be with all the changes you are proposing, reverting to previous style would be better.
i don't have a signature myself but seeing the separation box somehow is not comforting.
anyway it is upto the dfi management if they want to proceed in that direction. thanks.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Thanks for your suggestion ppgj. The thing is that in the previous system, the signature was right below the post which was distracting. In the new system, its tucked away in a separate corner.

A.V.

yusuf,
previously we used to see the signature within the message box. the separation box is to me a bit too distracting. it looks as a post in itself. may be with all the changes you are proposing, reverting to previous style would be better.
i don't have a signature myself but seeing the separation box somehow is not comforting.
anyway it is upto the dfi management if they want to proceed in that direction. thanks.
you are correct the separation box looks bad with big signatures thats why we have limited the signature to 3 lines of text at present there are many members whose signatures contain smileys,pictures and huge quotes thats looking bad once all the signatures are corrected then we will check out if it dosent work out for all members then we will change to old type

ppgj

Thanks for your suggestion ppgj. The thing is that in the previous system, the signature was right below the post which was distracting. In the new system, its tucked away in a separate corner.
but it was looking as one post. now it looks like two.
appreciate your prompt response.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Like avi said, let us see when all signatures stands corrected. DFI is always open to suggestions helping us improve. Appreciate your effort.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
I think that with this signature limit/protocol in place, the old style would not be bad either, this new one is something different, not commonly observed on forums.

AV, can we have a poll as to which signature style (old or new) looks better and is easier to distinguish?

A.V.

yes a poll would be a good idea , why not

AkhandBharat

I agree that the signatures should not be flashy, should contain text only, and should not be more than a couple lines, but the new box format makes the posts look discontinuous and focuses more on signature as the next post rather than a signature.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I have previously suggested about signature being restricted to 2 lines and without pictures.
Since a right step has been taken to restrict the signature to 3 lines, the new form of signature is not only distracting but also non-aesthetic unlike the previous one.

prahladh

Respected Member
limit the signature to fewer lines (Move it to the bottom of the post) and restore old format. That would suffice.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Alrite we are back to the old style for signatures, but the restrictions on the size and nature of signature remains. Members are requested to modify/change their signatures if it's not as per the DFI criteria as mentioned in post one. The deadline stands till monday night IST.

prahladh

Respected Member
Hi, Can we move the signatures to the bottom. Little above Quote and Thanks buttons.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Voted for 'old' because i think the restriction almost erases the possibility to say in manner someone want too. If reading pages are to made better for reading then its better to do by removing 'Thank You' window. These reputations, thanks counts are useless (as per me) and gives a childish reputation to the forum.

All my opinion.

ppgj

If reading pages are to made better for reading then its better to do by removing 'Thank You' window.
i second that. if thanks option is needed, the thanks button can remain and be used but without being shown in a separate box. it can accrue to the concerned profilee.
just my thought.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
[mod] The deadline to change signatures not complying with the new rule has passed. All such signatures will be deleted. [/mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles