Shove MRCA in favor of AMCA

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Who was dumb enough to post this? This thread must be re-posted in the year 2035!

chex3009

Country flag
I think MMRCA are much needed to complement the MKIs, we have a huge black hole there. While keeping the MMRCA numbers to the original 126 and not increasing it, DRDO and ADA should push hard for the HF-XX Mk-II (Tejas) so as the supply them in numbers over a period of 5 years or so starting from 2015. By this time, FGFA might be shaping up well and ready to be inducted within 2-3 years time after that. Now the combination of HF-XX, HF-XX Mk-II, MMRCA and FGFA, while AMCA in the pipeline would be great news for the IAF.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
What is AMCA?
MCA is supposed to be a deep penetration strike aircraft with a non-afterburner turbofan. I don't know why people aree making it an air-superiority aircraft.
MCA is supposed to replace Jaguar.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
What is AMCA?
MCA is supposed to be a deep penetration strike aircraft with a non-afterburner turbofan. I don't know why people aree making it an air-superiority aircraft.
MCA is supposed to replace Jaguar.
AMCA/MCA are same. And who told you it would be non-afterburning? It is going to do for us what F-35 will do for USAF. Please check out the wind tunnel model of the fighter. We don't know what are the changes that ADA has made to it since 2008 but for sure it is going to be a multirole fighter WITH Strike as its primary forte while air superiority for secondary role. Gone is the age when dedicated jets of each time were needed; This is the age for multirole jets.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
well alright guys..you win,by the way i was only chasing a pipe dream.
you guys have made a wall around your selves you dont wanna come out off.
MODS please close down this thread
Shiv,

I don't know how much experience you have in R&D, reading your posts it seems not much. I am in R&D - let me clarify. Here is the deal : Phase 1 - Research and Design requires 20% of time, money and manpower. Then Phase 2 - Development (of TDs, prototypes etc) requires 50% more - only then you are ready to start Phase 3 - manufacturing process development, which requires the rest of the 30% of time and money.
Right now, we are well into Phase 2 for the LCA and going into Phase 3. We have just started Phase 1 for AMCA. Similarly, the Russians have just started Phase 2 for PAKFA. Going by the standards of time it takes for a major development project like a fighter A/C, AMCA will be going into Phase 2 in 2015+ and Phase 3 in 2020+. The First manufacturing of AMCA may only start ~2022 at best. We absolutely need a stopgap measure - the MRCA before that. Pouring more money and resources would not advance the process more than a year or two.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles