Should India Join the Combined Task Force?

Combined Task Force 150 - should india join?

• yes

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • no

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • maybe

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot

Non stop posting
Banned
Should India Join the Combined Task force - Yes / No

Combined Task Force 150 (CTF-150) is a multinational coalition naval task force with logistics facilities at Djibouti established to monitor, inspect, board, and stop suspect shipping to pursue the "War on Terrorism" and in the Horn of Africa region (HOA) (includes operations in the North Arabia Sea to support Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF), and operations in the Indian Ocean) to support Operation Enduring Freedom - Horn of Africa (OEF-HOA). These activities are referred to as Maritime Security Operations (MSO).
Countries presently contributing to CTF-150 include Republic of Korea, Canada, Denmark[1], France, Germany, Pakistan, Thailand[2][3] the United Kingdom and the United States. Other nations who have participated include Australia, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, and Turkey. The command of the task force rotates among the different participating navies, with commands usually lasting between four and six months. The task force usually comprises 14 or 15 vessels.[4] CTF-150 is coordinated with, and incorporates vessels of, the US Navy's Fifth Fleet, under the Combined Forces Maritime Component Commander/Commander US Naval Forces Central Command in Bahrain.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I don't think joining any sort of military agreement is in favour of our position. You see, joining this sort of agreements makes us committed and bound to one single command which is either led by US or let by UN (US again). It is best for us if we can continue operating independently. Besides, we are doing pretty good without joining any alliance.

Country flag
More of these types of task force offers will come; because of western economic decline, more will be expected from emerging powers to further western intersts under different banners.

sandeepdg

India is better off without joining any task force, rather we can cooperate with them as and when they require. Russians are also operating alone and they have kicked some serious ass and so have we.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
India should reject CTF-150 and instead become the sole ring master of Indian Ocean and use IOR for the same.

JayATL

Absolutely Join it! 100% ... it is a joint force against terrorism. Does India not seek intelligence information shared from these countries? Does India not belong to the UN where it has spearheaded deployments? Does India not participate with Interpol? Do the seas not pose a challenge and burden India with undue costs and commerce too if India go at it alone? Do you know what it costs to patrol it solo? Then pray why anybody in the right mind would not want to be a part of nations doing the righteous and collaborative thing?

This is not a sovereignty issue, the waters the terrorist use don't belong to India only and they don't just magically appear on the Indian waters. these terrorist travel through many regions... how can you cover it all when you can't cover all infiltrators on the smaller land mass ?

someday I will get a few of you to see the BIGGER PICTURE! when posting on a subject matter ... you can't think US vs Them in every situation. :)

Last edited:

A.V.

India is hesitant to join any organisation or body that has pakistan in active way , same with SCO and same with this so i highly doubt they will join it

JayATL

well thats my point - that one can''t stifle themselves over silliness and not look to the big picture . Else drop out of:

WTO
IMF
UN
Asean trade organizations
NON aligned countries
Interpol
Common Extradition treaties

I can go on... but I guess one gets the picture. besides what best way to keep an eye on what Pakistan is doing. keep your enemies closer :D

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
India should reject CTF-150 and instead become the sole ring master of Indian Ocean and use IOR for the same.
Agree, it is about time India stands up and takes control of the IOR and becomes lead on fighting Somali piracy.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
this task for is more of commercial value than military defence

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
well thats my point - that one can''t stifle themselves over silliness and not look to the big picture . Else drop out of:

WTO
IMF
UN
Asean trade organizations
NON aligned countries
Interpol
Common Extradition treaties
None of these agencies let our military and defence forces be commanded under some other nation individually. On the other hand, CTF is led by a US command in the Persian Gulf and hence it is pointless to join them. Oh and just for the figures, NAM is founded by us; not US.

I can go on... but I guess one gets the picture. besides what best way to keep an eye on what Pakistan is doing. keep your enemies closer :D
There are multiple ways to keep an eye on Pakistan without joining any coalition. You think that the West and US in particular doesn't know what Pakistan is doing against us? It still remains silent because its interests are to keep silent and appease Pakistanis regardless of whether we bleed or not. Agreed that we and US share a lot in terms of political structure in general, but their bossy attitude is a put-off since we are independent in our policy making.

We have done very well without any coalition support against terrorists in somali waters and IOR and so are independent forces like Russia. Cooperation and joint-operations are welcome but joining any coalition doesn't serve any purpose to us and undermines our independent voice.

For the same reason why we don't join Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), apart from not wanting to be bullied by CCP domination and the fact that apart from Russia, we don't have anything strategic in that organization.

niharjhatn

But we are already right next to each other - how much closer do you want to get to Pakistan??

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
When Pakistan joined that group it already lost any legitimacy it had! How can you ask an theif to do Police work!! First of all Pakistan navy should be searched routinely for all sorts of nonsense, right from Terrorist to Drugs and Arms trafficking!.

p2prada

Slow and steady wins the race. We have already established the IONS(Indian Ocean Naval Symposium) with IOR countries. We can further develop it as a major organization over the next 30 to 50 years.

JayATL

None of these agencies let our military and defence forces be commanded under some other nation individually. On the other hand, CTF is led by a US command in the Persian Gulf and hence it is pointless to join them. Oh and just for the figures, NAM is founded by us; not US.

There are multiple ways to keep an eye on Pakistan without joining any coalition. You think that the West and US in particular doesn't know what Pakistan is doing against us? It still remains silent because its interests are to keep silent and appease Pakistanis regardless of whether we bleed or not. Agreed that we and US share a lot in terms of political structure in general, but their bossy attitude is a put-off since we are independent in our policy making.

We have done very well without any coalition support against terrorists in somali waters and IOR and so are independent forces like Russia. Cooperation and joint-operations are welcome but joining any coalition doesn't serve any purpose to us and undermines our independent voice.

For the same reason why we don't join Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), apart from not wanting to be bullied by CCP domination and the fact that apart from Russia, we don't have anything strategic in that organization.
man, you are one paranoid cat. I have given up on makings sense of anything you post. You can make an issue of an American and Indian sitting a table and the American guy picking his fork up first to eat into some imperialistic gesture. These are non militray functions, known more as law enforcement ventures. Someone has to be head of command for logistics purposes and not because they are looking to take over anyone's sovereignty... What the hell does the SCO have to do with a law enforcement deal, heh.

evidently you are clueless when it comes to UN deployments too and the one command structure there or for that matter guess who is in charge in Afghanistan when Indians are there?

The pirate situation is worst than it was last year and you are again dead wrong is saying otherwise. Really I don't why I bother replying...

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
man, you are one paranoid cat. I have given up on makings sense of anything you post. You can make an issue of an American and Indian sitting a table and the American guy picking his fork up first to eat into some imperialistic gesture. These are non militray functions, known more as law enforcement ventures. Someone has to be head of command for logistics purposes and not because they are looking to take over anyone's sovereignty... What the hell does the SCO have to do with a law enforcement deal, heh.

evidently you are clueless when it comes to UN deployments too and the one command structure there or for that matter guess who is in charge in Afghanistan when Indians are there?

The pirate situation is worst than it was last year and you are again dead wrong is saying otherwise. Really I don't why I bother replying...
Not commenting on the post.

Just a carification.

The UN Missions are under the UN Flag and not under any country's flag.

Operations and Logistics are also under UN aegis and not under the coordination of any country.

A UN Mission is not similar to that of a Alliance Mission.

JayATL

UN mission has one country as head of command at a given time, yeah?. It can be under a nice blue flag, but a member country always heads up the command. we can put a lipstick on a pig , but its still a pig. CBT 150 deal can be under a pink flag similarly but for logistics purposes , one member country will have to be in command. UN missions are a form of a law enforcement deal ( hence peace keeping mandate) and not really militray missions.

The bane of my contention is ( with Tshering22) , how the hell is someone being in command for logistics purposes on a law enforcement mandate, turn into a threat for sovereignty... false pride in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles