Should, and could India intervene in Iraq crisis?

HMS Astute

A good reason to buy more refuelling tankers, C-17 transport planes, long range subs armed with long range land attack cruise missiles, sealifts, replenishment oilers, and assault ships (LPD, LPH, LHD, LSD etc) :thumb:

HMS Astute

prohumanity

Country flag
In my opinion, India absolutely SHOULD NOT intervene militarily in Iraq. These groups such as ISIS are a reaction to wrong Western policies for decades. This is West,s war and India does not need to fight West's wars. Did West care a bit about India when it was supporting Pakistan to empower Taliban?Mujahideens...? Let West and Islamists sort it out ...it's none of India's business.

HMS Astute

It is not really about the west v this/that war. The west is intervening because of the innocent Christian people are being slaughtered everyday by Muslim extremists in their own country. These animals have to be stopped by the international community. Why does the west always have to clean the mess whenever shit happens in any part of the globe? Where are the contributions of other countries, including China, India and the rests of all rising powers?

sydsnyper

Country flag
What iraq needs most now is arundhoti roy, diggy raja, mulayam & sons and lalu & fly..... can someone please air drop them over the secular landscape of IS.....

Jagdish58

If we intervene militarily in Iraq or in Afghan , there will become another IPKF - LTTE war kind of suituation & we have to come out with a bloody nose becuase of blind policy and poor planning on what exactly is our goal

better fight our own war , let us first tackle Naxals & other internal insurgency before getting in world affair

pmaitra

It is not really about the west v this/that war. The west is intervening because of the innocent Christian people are being slaughtered everyday by Muslim extremists in their own country. These animals have to be stopped by the international community. Why does the west always have to clean the mess whenever shit happens in any part of the globe? Where are the contributions of other countries, including China, India and the rests of all rising powers?
One should clean up after himself.

The entire mess in Iraq and Syria is a creation of the west. Again, not blaming ordinary people, but the governments, and their itching to foment trouble.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Contributions of other countries "including China, India and the rests of all rising powers" are less due to a compounding of reasons.
The primary of those is that most conflicts in that region (ME/W.Asia) have a genesis and/or steady growth that can be attributed to the Western powers. Another reason is the West's unwillingness to yield the influence they have in the region.
So I suggest you don't act naive.

Last edited:

HMS Astute

So, the rising superpower wannabes would not intervene in any war, problem, internal conflict, confrontation etc going on in Iraq, Iran, Ukraine, Libya, Syria, Mali, many areas in Africa and Asia etc?

Samar Rathi

Country flag
I try to stop myself from posting to this type of thread but sometime my eagerness win over consciousness. My friend if you think west intervene to save Christians etc then forgive me but you are naive.

First of all USA and it's allies supported ISIS in Syria and armed them to teeth and now they are bombing them ( seems like deja vu - Taliban )

USA bombing ISIS because of their move towards Kurdish territory where oil infrastructure is and USA is protecting their assets and not the humanitarian blah blah.

We have no assets is Iraq as we have only buyer-seller relations so we won't intervene in Iraq as it can also start Shia-Sunni conflict amongst Indian muslims.

Dhairya Yadav

As I said earlier, IS is not just a threat to Iraq, but to Asians and Western countries. Saudi King recently said that IS is the biggest threat to them. It is also a threat to India. But as always, we Indians refrain from taking risks, and when we decide to act, its too late. Look at 1962 Indo-Sino war, we had superior Air Force and bombing capacity than China, but didnt Deploy Air Force because of Risks. I believe, It is greater risk to not to take any risks. China acts as a dominant regional power by bullying its neighbours, we should act as a responsible regional power by helping them.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
So, the rising superpower wannabes would not intervene in any war, problem, internal conflict, confrontation etc going on in Iraq, Iran, Ukraine, Libya, Syria, Mali, many areas in Africa and Asia etc?
Sorry but wherever you intervened you (USA&UK) left an even bigger mess behind than it already was. Iraq, Syria, Ukraine all are today suffering because of US misadventures. Even Egypt suffered for a while. Today, ISIS is as much a responsibility of radical Islamists as that of US for arming it to fight Syria.

When it mattered India stopped a genocide in its neighbourhood while US was letting it happen & actually tried to stop India from stopping a genocide of bangaldeshis.

Unless you stop using terrorists/rebels to destabilise peaceful countries, ISIS like terrorist organizations keep popping up just like Taliban, muslim brotherhood, Al-qaeda etc...

HMS Astute

So, it is all the West's faults for intervening in WW1, WW2, Russian Civil War, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War, Bosnian War, Kosovo War, Iraq War, Afghan War, and Libya War, etc. Ok, we get it. :laugh:

Dhairya Yadav

James Foley killing: Why ISIS beheaded the U.S. journalist - World - CBC News

Shame on USA / UK , you people supported ISIS in Syria to over throw Al Assad Bharsha and even went to the extend to militarily involve in syria only to be stopped by Russia in UN council

now you cry on brutal killing of the poor journalist :lol:

of all the jokers i have seen , you people are biggest one:thumb:
What I dont understand is why NATO is against Syrian Al bashaar? It is also said that they gave some artillery to rebels there to fight, but now they are using it to fight in Iraq. Major policy failure and backfire.

HMS Astute

Wily strategy i guess. Trying to kill two birds with one stone. IS is now flocking to Syria from Iraq which gives the west a reason to bomb the shit out of Syria.

Jagdish58

What I dont understand is why NATO is against Syrian Al bashaar? It is also said that they gave some artillery to rebels there to fight, but now they are using it to fight in Iraq. Major policy failure and backfire.
You need to go through 1980's Soviet war in Afghan till now on NATO war on terror , Who supplied ammunition & intelligence , training to Taliban , Who created Al qaeeda ?? to tackle the soviets

who got badly whupped in 9/11 now fighting in afghanistan over an decade

Same thing they did with ISIS in Syria , but ISIS got ambitious and now bitting the owner so now UN resolutions,sanctions etc will follow more funny part is all these deadly terror game is played by worlds Old , powerful & rich Democratic country super power:facepalm:

Dhairya Yadav

TOI-ISIS offered to swap Pakistan woman
scientist for slain US journalist.
In an email to James Foley's family, his captors from Islamic State terror group demanded release of several prisoners, including a Pakistani woman scientist.
Looks like they already have pakistan's support...

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
One should clean up after himself.

The entire mess in Iraq and Syria is a creation of the west. Again, not blaming ordinary people, but the governments, and their itching to foment trouble.
Those West peoples hating the American and English peoples since 1970's

they never give their Attends what those Westerners Said whether it's good or Bad

Like Blaming everything for Ameriki English Is blaming Mother for Son's Act

Global Defence

New threads

Articles