Shot Pakistan schoolgirl Malala Yousafzai to address UN

Blackwater

Pakistani schoolgirl Malala Yousafzai is to address the United Nations as part of her campaign to ensure free compulsory education for every child.

She will mark her 16th birthday by delivering a speech later on Friday at the UN headquarters in New York.

Malala was shot in the head on a school bus by Taliban gunmen because of her campaign for girls' rights.

It will be her first public speech since last October's incident in Pakistan's north-western Swat valley.

After the shooting Malala was flown from Pakistan to the UK for treatment, and now lives in Birmingham.

Latest figures show Pakistan has the second highest number of children out of school in the world.:taunt1::taunt1::taunt1:

A passionate campaigner for female education, Malala will address more than 500 students at a specially convened youth assembly.

Continue reading the main story
BBC School Report at the UN

In pictures: Malala Day
Holly and Lauren's updates from the UN
The teenager has been credited with bringing the issue of women's education to global attention.

In her speech she will call on politicians to take urgent action to ensure every child has the right to go to school.

"Let us pick up our books and pens," Malala is expected to say. "They are our most powerful weapons.

"One child, one teacher, one pen and one book can change the world. Education is the only solution. Education first."

About 57m people around the world still do not have access to education, and a quarter of young women have not completed primary school.

Continue reading the main story
Girls' education in Pakistan

Out of nearly 160,000 public schools only 38% are for girls
Out of nearly 23 million enrolled students only 42% are girls
Out of more than 700,000 teachers only 40% are women

Source: Plan International
The schoolgirl, who set up the Malala Fund following the attack, will also present a petition of more than three million signatures to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon demanding education for all.

The event, described as Malala Day by the UN, has been organised by former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, now the UN Special Envoy for Global Education.

He said: "Getting every girl and boy into school by 2015 is achievable.

"It is only impossible if people say it's impossible. Malala says it is possible - and young people all over the world think it is possible."

Aid agencies say that female access to education in Pakistan is a particular problem. They say that the country ranks among the lowest in terms of girls' education enrolment, literacy and government spending.

BBC News - Shot Pakistan schoolgirl Malala Yousafzai to address UN

Blackwater

@farhaan

@Alpha1

malala should be great ful /thankful to Taliban,without whom she would no be living free in Birmingham UK.without whom she would not be world icon

Hope she becomes loyal to west in future not turn jihadi as all pakis become:p:p:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

watching her live speech. she is literally begging for AID for education in Pakistan...

we know where all AID goes in pakistan:p:p

Alpha1

@farhaan

@Alpha1

malala should be great ful /thankful to Taliban,without whom she would no be living free in Birmingham UK.without whom she would not be world icon
Yes it was a blessing in disguise !
She gained world recognition and improved the image of Pakistan. You sound jealous
Hope she becomes loyal to west in future not turn jihadi as all pakis become:p:p:p
I HOPE she remains loyal to pakistan!
She is already a jihadi! Jihad(struggle) through PEN is the greatest form of JIHAD in ISLAM

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

She gained world recognition and improved the image of Pakistan. You sound jealous

She is already a jihadi! Jihad(struggle) through PEN is the greatest form of JIHAD in ISLAM
how ???? ///

Blackwater

Pakis in UK particular in Birmingham are known to be jihadi views and radicalized and have jihadi mindset against UK

Alpha1

Pakis in UK particular in Birmingham are known to be jihadi views and radicalized and have jihadi mindset against UK
Realy! I had this with a cousin doing ACCA from Birmingham yesterday! :D
I am not realy proud of of what i did, and it was my 1st time!

Blackwater

Jihad of the pen is a peacfull form of jihad!
how many Pakistanis believe in peaceful form of jihad.????:p:p

The bottom line is , it'[s the Pakistanis, that has given the modern defination of jihad which the world knows today:cool2::cool2:

Blackwater

Realy! I had this with a cousin doing ACCA from Birmingham yesterday! :D
I am not realy proud of of what i did, and it was my 1st time!
you kept the pakistaniyat alive. keeping the Islamic spirit alive,

BTW does drinking beer in Pakistan makes you non jihadi ???

Blackwater

The educated ones!
Islam is not responsible for actions of a few!
that's my point dear. Pakistanis has changed the definition of jihad in Islam. now world knows the Pakistan definition of jihad i.e bomb blasting

BTW educated ones are 43% left. 47% are illiterate in Pakistan..

Alpha1

BTW does drinking beer in Pakistan makes you non jihadi ???
Another Jihad called jihad against one's wrong intentions is also far more superior than jihad of sword.
I.e. When you try to control your urge to do something wrong!
Guess i failed in that one :rofl:

Alpha1

that's my point dear. Pakistanis has changed the definition of jihad in Islam. now world knows the Pakistan definition of jihad i.e bomb blasting

BTW educated ones are 43% left. 47% are illiterate in Pakistan..
pakistanis don't support bomb blast. We are sick and tired of them!
Maybe some wahabi/extremist orgs who have no humanity left and No stake in pakistan support bomb blasts!

Blackwater

pakistanis don't support bomb blast. We are sick and tired of them!
Maybe some wahabi/extremist orgs who have no humanity left and No stake in pakistan support bomb blasts!
you missed my point

Educated ones are 43% left. 57% are illiterate in Pakistan..

majority likes it

Blackwater

The educated ones!
Islam is not responsible for actions of a few!
that few has created havoc in the whole world.

95% of world terrorist activities has link with ur pak watan.

either they are born in Pakistan

or found in Pakistan

or traveled to Pakistan

or took training in Pakistan

u can not deny this fact

Blackwater

Easy way for Pakistanis. get bullet from Taliban and get asylum In UK:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

@ alpha1

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles