Shoaib and Sania land in Pakistan

JANA

Dont know if there is any existing thread on Sania Shoaib so i am posting it here. If there is one then merge it.

Shoaib and Sania land in Pakistan

KARACHI: Newlywed and hailed as cross-border peace ambassadors, Indian tennis star Sania Mirza and Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik arrived in Pakistan on Thursday to a frenzied reception.

Camera bulbs flashed and fans thronged to get a glimpse of the lovebirds as they landed at Karachi airport, their first visit here after their April 12 wedding that bridged the two nations' bitter sporting and political divide.

The pair are in Pakistan for a week of celebrations -- after a tough engagement and media frenzy that saw Muslim elders called in to arrange a divorce for Malik from a wife he long-denied ever having.

Hundreds of fans gathered outside Jinnah International Airport, carrying placards reading: "Welcome to Pakistan's daughter-in-law".

"I am very happy for both of them and I hope their marriage helps build relations between the two countries," said well-wisher Faqir Khan, a waiter.

Mirza, in sunglasses, red trousers and a green tunic, grasped the hand of her new husband, who was wearing blue jeans and a green t-shirt.

The couple were welcomed by provincial sports minister Mohammad Ali Shah and other local government officials, but did not speak to reporters.

"I am both disappointed and happy," said labourer and sports fan Ijaz Ahmad. "I'm disappointed because I could not see a glimpse of them, but I wish them a happy future and I am very happy that they both got married."

Family members said the couple will later Thursday travel to Islamabad to arrange Mirza's visa. The Indian tennis star will apply for a visa to Sialkot, Malik's hometown, where a reception is planned for April 25.

Another reception will be held in the eastern city Lahore two days later, family sources said. Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani is also expected to hold a reception in the couple's honour later this month.

Pakistan's minister for population and welfare Ferdous Ashiq Awan, who also attended the wedding reception in India, said the marriage has spurred diplomacy between the two nations, allowing her to meet her Indian counterpart.—AFP

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Cross border peace ambassadors eh? What a joke. More people now hate Sania I think. Not to mention the many broken hearts too.

Hope the marriage lasts.

JANA

Cross border peace ambassadors eh? What a joke. More people now hate Sania I think. Not to mention the many broken hearts too.

Hope the marriage lasts.
Hate her for her personal decision? Quite strange and not up to the mark. I wont comment on peace ambassadors but its their life and they should not be treated as a commodity by anyone.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Well it is a personal decision but since she is more than just an ordinary person, a lot of people will actually judge it. i care a damn for what she does with her life..i was stating what the perception is..i know a couple of my employees are heart broken. Lol.. they never had a chance anyway

JANA

Well it is a personal decision but since she is more than just an ordinary person, a lot of people will actually judge it. i care a damn for what she does with her life..i was stating what the perception is..i know a couple of my employees are heart broken. Lol.. they never had a chance anyway
:) yeh quite common with desis felling in love with celebrities and left heartbroken :p we remember marriage of Imran Khan, Afridi and so on

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Too much hype given by the media, both are has beens and in terminal decline.

bhramos

Country flag

Hope the marriage lasts.
all the people in Hyderabad look to same, now they hate her.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^ I don't see any reason to hate her ?? Though I pity her marriage decision, Afridi's second would've been better than Malik's second ;)

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I perosnally dont have a problem with Sania marrying anyone, its their wish. Sania is heavily overhyped, yes she is a good player, but the amount of money her sponsors spend on her, if they had spent on some poor girl from a small town, they could have made her a star. We need people to do that, rather than waste their time talking of Shoaib and Sania. Its a non issue for me.

BunBunCake

Although I agree with members here, it's best to read and not comment on this issue :D.
There's no reason for us to talk about these people. Just like the Sashi Tharoor thread. Shoaib Malik and Sania are no way related to Indian Defense nor, Indian anything. This whole thing is over hyped.

How come it's not published in the news when I got a prom date? :)

A bit hypocritical here, but i couldn't resist but to comment :D

Hate her for her personal decision? Quite strange and not up to the mark. I wont comment on peace ambassadors but its their life and they should not be treated as a commodity by anyone.
How come your prime minister is involved with their personal affairs then?
Did Gilani even know who Sania Mirza was, before their marriage? Or is he a friend of Shoaib or something?

Read the news on geotv of him ' telling them he got a surprize for them in Pakistan'.
That's just a "wa".

You think Indian people are all over "sania's decision" and we should chill. But you Pakistani surely seem to care and die with happiness because of their marriage. Their marriage ain't your life, yet you still beat your arms because this Pakistani guy married an Indian girl.

(and i just realized, 100th post!)

Last edited:

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Yes, a personal decision. Doesn't concern anyone else.

But a poor decision none the less. Why she had to marry a player who has been banned by his own cricket board for poor attitude and accused of match fixing.

Anyway, most Indians won't like any prominent Indian personality to marry a Pakistani at this point when that country is still harboring terrorists plotting to kill Indians. She owes everything to India and her decision has rankled with some.

AkhandBharat

I don't give a damn about who she marries, but if she changes her domicile, she shouldn't be allowed to play for India, since NRIs are not allowed by the Indian olympics committee. (The only difference here is that she is not an NRI yet). I really do hope that she quits (or is forced to quit) from "playing for India" now.

JANA

Although I agree with members here, it's best to read and not comment on this issue :D.
There's no reason for us to talk about these people. Just like the Sashi Tharoor thread. Shoaib Malik and Sania are no way related to Indian Defense nor, Indian anything. This whole thing is over hyped.
This members corner section right???????????

How come your prime minister is involved with their personal affairs then?
Did Gilani even know who Sania Mirza was, before their marriage? Or is he a friend of Shoaib or something?

Read the news on geotv of him ' telling them he got a surprize for them in Pakistan'.
That's just a "wa".
Did our Prime Minister opposed their personal decision to marry unlike your people who are now claiming they hate her. And if he said he got a surprise for them (indeed that must be some function or gift to present them on their marriage) so howcome that amounts to considering them as a commodity unlike you Indians are saying she should be stripped of her nationality and blah blah because she married a Pakistani.

You think Indian people are all over "sania's decision" and we should chill. But you Pakistani surely seem to care and die with happiness because of their marriage. Their marriage ain't your life, yet you still beat your arms because this Pakistani guy married an Indian girl.

(and i just realized, 100th post!)
mmmmm Well first thing first the reality is that millions of people in India and Pakistan would be more worried to get two square meal for their families rather than getting dying of happiness or anger over the issue.

Our assumption is more based on so-called educated people who are commenting either on internet communities and mostly on news stories in the Indian media. Just go through any news about them on Indian papers and read the comments bellow the story and you will get the idea who is more obsessed.

As far as happiness well on marriages happiness is the sentiments which shown not hate or sadness .

JANA

I don't give a damn about who she marries, but if she changes her domicile, she shouldn't be allowed to play for India, since NRIs are not allowed by the Indian olympics committee. (The only difference here is that she is not an NRI yet). I really do hope that she quits (or is forced to quit) from "playing for India" now.
She says she is going to play for India and not going to change her nationality then whats the big fuss.

AkhandBharat

She says she is going to play for India and not going to change her nationality then whats the big fuss.
Indian government doesn't allow people residing out of India to play for India. She mentioned she'll be making Dubai her domicile, so she should be debarred.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
I don't really give a flying F about who she marries, but I'm certainly allergic to overexposure of this issue. May she live in peace.

BunBunCake

This members corner section right???????????
Did our Prime Minister opposed their personal decision to marry unlike your people who are now claiming they hate her. And if he said he got a surprise for them (indeed that must be some function or gift to present them on their marriage) so howcome that amounts to considering them as a commodity unlike you Indians are saying she should be stripped of her nationality and blah blah because she married a Pakistani.
Good, but you didn't prove anything there. I was responding to you 'they shouldn't be treated as commodities'.
You don't call that 'being treated like commodities'? Regardless of what his stance was. They are celebreties. People care about their PERSONAL lives. End of story. If you want to waste your time battering about OTHER people's opinions then what ever.

mmmmm Well first thing first the reality is that millions of people in India and Pakistan would be more worried to get two square meal for their families rather than getting dying of happiness or anger over the issue.
I don't know why you included this in here. All of us know this is people's first priority. And i'm aware you understood i was exaggerating on 'dying with happyness'. But there IS that feeling in Pakistan. Now imagine if Shoaib was the girl, and Sania was the guy ;).

I think the stances would reverse. =love
Don't you agree?

Our assumption is more based on so-called educated people who are commenting either on internet communities and mostly on news stories in the Indian media. Just go through any news about them on Indian papers and read the comments bellow the story and you will get the idea who is more obsessed.

As far as happiness well on marriages happiness is the sentiments which shown not hate or sadness .
Well, not to say. Your loved forum has hundreds of thread now, with hundreds of pages on this matter.
And I see the mods and the owner actively taking part of it too =)

Also, you should realize that your Pakistani news papers don't have boards to comment unlike ours which you comment on every page (well, i have not seen a Pakistani news paper online which you could do that... i am not saying all are like that)

Rediff, Times of India, The Hindu,,, (the popular ones.. all have nice convenient comment boxes.) So before concluding that 'Indians are obsessed more than Pakistanis are'
Do realize you don't have sufficient evidence as it's obviously BIAS.

Here's a link:
http://blog.jang.com.pk/view_comments.asp?id=5046

121 pages of nice comments.

So now I can say All pakistanis are OBSESSED with Shoaib and Sania?
Give me your sources!
:)

The big fuss, is because she is making her decisions based on the public's views. (well, except for this whole marriage thing..)
They'll settle in Dubai. =kiss

what the hell is a 'neutral' venue? And you asked Jana not to treat these people like commodities. Well guess what, when they treat themselves as one. Because she obviously care for the PEOPLE's opinion on her. Otherwise she would've settled in Pakistan. (isn't it obvious?) All this mess about "I love Dubai" means zip. Shoaib isn't very rich, and Sania has already lost her popularity in India. "Good LUCK" is all I have, because I heard Dubai is very expensive.

And the big fuss is also, because the Indian public supported her and considered her GOD of tennis in India when she reached what some 30 rank, and I don't even know her rank now. You saw a Benz in her house right? You think she could've afforded that without all the $$ she makes off ads? and this 'over rated' system?

I wonder why it comes from you people and her "This is my personal life" on this marriage issue. When obviously she publicized EVERYTHING ELSE about her life and asked the public to judge on it (so she can get even more $$)

Personally speaking, I don't care who she marries. Now coming to the people who DO care, (the Indians you mentioned). They are probably fans of her, and have the right to do that. Because she LIVES on what other people think of her. (all celebrities do)

Her fame is not because of her rank. So she wants MONEY from Indian people. She'll get this kind of opinions too.

Last edited:

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Okay, one last word. Pakistanis were very much ecstatic when they heard Shoaib is gonna marry Sania. They think of Sania as some kind of Golden Catch, something of a Trophy for Pakistan, a personal victory. Maybe its the owners pride, neighbours, envy thingy. Pakistanis might be feeling like the Neighbour who stole their next door guys BMW :) But Trust me folks, Sania is no BMW, she is just a TATA INDICA with lots of Make up :) I prefer Pakistani Actress Meera any day over Sania in the looks department. True both of them need a ton of make up, but then, Atleast at the end of the day, Meera can look good, and Sania, well.... take your pick :) Never liked her looks. This is purely my personal thought, and you can Disagree :) God Speed

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I don't get why Pakistan is looking at this with a sense of "achievement" that everyone including the government should pay importance to it, that MPs have to fly down to attend her wedding, or anything else. When Rajiv Gandhi brought home an Italian bride, nobody gave the slightest importance to it, except the off tabloid article. It just so happened that the Italian bride went on the become the most powerful woman (person?) in the country.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles