Shiney Ahuja's maid servant now says she was never raped

Pintu

Breaking news, views, current affairs & Infotainment : Khabrein.info

Actor Shiney Ahuja Arrested for Raping, intimidating his maid

By Khabrein.Info Correspondent,

Mumbai, June 15, 2009: Shiney Ahuja has been arrested for raping his 18-year old maid. Shiney Ahuja is married with a two year old daughter.

The maid who works in Shiney Ahuja�s home complained to the police that the actor whose wife was out of house at the time of the incident raped him.

The woman whose name has been withheld by the police had approached the police Sunday evening at around 7 pm.

Sources close to the actor say that he had sex with the woman with her consent and that it was not rape, but the maid has denied Ahuja saying that she was brutally raped.

Shiney Ahuja is a a Bollywood actor who won Filmfare Best Debut Award for Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi in 2006. Before making his debut in films Shiney did modelling and some commercial adverts. He then appeared in a music video for the British Asian band Stereo Nation.

Ahuja made his acting debut with the critically acclaimed Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi which debuted at various film festivals in 2004 and was released in theatres in 2005. The film won Shiney Ahuja rave reviews and was viewed as one of the best films of that year.

In 2006 Ahuja was awarded Best male debut by Filmfare Awards, Screen Awards, IIFA Awards, Zee Cine Awards and Stardust Awards for his performance. He however grew more familiar with mainstream audiences with Karam, where he starred alongside John Abraham and Priyanka Chopra.

He then became popular with his title role in Mahesh Bhatt's Gangster which was both a critical and commercial success for which he was awarded best actor by stardust in 2007. He also received the Society Young Achiever's Award in 2007 for the same.

Last edited:

Pintu

Shiney Ahuja sent to police custody on rape charges - Mumbai - Cities - The Times of India

Shiney Ahuja sent to police custody on rape charges

15 Jun 2009, 1415 hrs IST, TIMES NEWS NETWORK & AGENCIES

MUMBAI: Bollywood actor Shiney Ahuja has been sent to police custody till June 18 for allegedly raping his domestic help. The actor was arrested early Monday on rape charges after preliminary tests conducted on his maid confirmed sexual assault, a senior police official said.

The actor has been booked under sections of the IPC for rape (376), criminal intimidation (506) and wrongful confinement (342) , police officials said.

The Oshiwara police on Sunday evening detained Ahuja for questioning.

The 18-year-old maid (name withheld), said police sources, had been working with Ahuja for the last one-and-a-half months. "She approached the Oshiwara police at around 7 pm and told the police that Ahuja had raped her," said Amitabh Gupta, additional commissioner of police.

The complainant told the police that she had come for domestic work to Ahuja's flat. The actor's wife was not at home. "He took me into his bedroom, gagged and raped me," the victim is believed to have said in the FIR. The incident took place between 3 pm and 5 pm on Sunday. "The complainant told the police that she was traumatised after the incident and went to her relatives' place who along with the girl then approached the police station," said DCP Niket Kaushik.

Soon after the complaint was registered, the girl was sent to the Nagpada police hospital for a medical examination late Sunday night.

After the complaint was registered, a police team went to Ahuja's flat and called him for inquiry, said an officer. Ahuja is married and is known for his roles in films like ‘Hazaroon Khwaishe, ‘Aish' and ‘Gangster'.

Mahesh Bhatt, who produced Gangster for Shiney Ahuja, said, "This is a body blow to me. I spoke to a top police official who told me that he was informed by his juniors at Oshiwara that Shiney claimed that he had sex with the consent of the maid. However, she has claimed that she was forced into it. The police officer added that they had to accept the woman's version. I had spoken to Shiney only yesterday. If he is found guilty of rape, we have to condemn him."

Pintu

NDTVMovies.com: Shiney Ahuja admits consensual sex

Shiney Ahuja admits consensual sex

NDTV Correspondent
Monday, June 15, 2009 (Mumbai)

Shiney Ahuja has finally admitted to having a physical relationship with his housemaid. The actor, who is in police custody till June 18, was arrested on Sunday on the alleged charges of raping his domestic help.

However, in his statement to the police the actor has said that he is being framed in rape charges. Explaining the situation, Ahuja said, "No, I didn't rape ... We had sex, but it was consensual."

Shiney was in tears throughout the interrogation and did break down couple of times.

Meanwhile the maid who had lodged a complaint against Ahuja at the Oshiwara police station in Andheri (West) yesterday, alleged in her police complaint, "In the afternoon when I was alone in the house, Shiney came and forced himself on me. I tried to push him away but he gagged and raped me. He also threatened me of dire consequences and told me not to inform anybody. I confided to my family only later in the evening...My uncle took me to the police station to lodge a complaint."

Shiney's arrest has sent shock waves throughout the film fraternity and not many people have come out to talk about the issue in the open.

Shiney's wife, Anu Ahuja, who stays away with their daughter, has said, "he is a man of character and the family stands by him."

Excerpts from Shiney Ahuja's statement to the police:

Q: Do you know the girl?
A: Yes she is my maid

Q: For how long?
A: One-and-a-half months. My earlier maid Sangeeta got her temporarily. My cook Mohan and his wife know about this

Q: Where were you yesterday afternoon?
A: At home

Q: Were you there when she came to work?
A: Yes I was

Q: The girl has alleged you have raped her
A: No, I didn't. I am being framed

Q: The girl says she came at 12 noon and at about 3 pm you dragged her from the passage to the bedroom and raped her...
A: No, I didn't rape ...We had sex, but it was consensual

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
A 36 yr old hero with a wife and daughter and an 18 yr old maid..
What a loser...

Pintu

I think if the allegation proved he should have exemplary punishment. This is a crime.

Regards

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I think if the allegation proved he should have exemplary punishment. This is a crime.

Regards
even if allegations of rape are unfounded, his life is ruined for he has confessed to consensual sex.

PS: Anyone with a (hot) maid, beware :wink:

Arjak

Respected Member
Country flag
Yes right,he sdn't be spared....he sd be punished ,strictly abiding the law...no concessions

Pintu

even if allegations of rape are unfounded, his life is ruined for he has confessed to consensual sex.

PS: Anyone with a (hot) maid, beware :wink:
True Singhji, I am agree with you his personal life is ruined if not career because of confession.

Regards

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Why am I not suprised ??? Its Shiney Ahuja !!!

He possibly doesn't get anything even from his wife and was desperate !!! :D:D:D:D:D

Mods - Please delete / edit this if you find it offensive, but I had to say this...

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
As the cliche goes: Let the law take its course.

It could well be a frame up too. These happenings are not rare.

EnlightenedMonk

And how will he protest his innocence ??? The medical reports confirm that there has been sexual contact...

Now, to the best of my knowledge, these reports cannot be used to distinguish between rape and consensual sex...

The justice system, in case of rape and sexual assault is highly skewed in favour of the women and they tend to hide behind the garb of trauma, traumatic experience etc (in case they are conning and trying to frame him up)

I'm not a skilled lawyer or legal expert, but I don't see much that he can use to defend himself...

The only indicator that we can use is to possibly see if there is an out-of-court settlement or if the maid withdraws charges... in such a case it can be assumed that she was doing it for money and when she got it, she just withdrew the case (under most circumstances), but if the case continues she's either pitching for more money or the rape was genuine...

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Yes, I assume that this more likely to happen. The two could possibly be having a relationship for some time and the girl and family could now be using it to extract some money.

Of course its just a theory. The girl may well be speaking the truth.

A.V.

there is a medical way to judge if it was sex with consent or it was forced upon but i doubt if it is available in this case

EnlightenedMonk

there is a medical way to judge if it was sex with consent or it was forced upon but i doubt if it is available in this case
Interesting Avi, how can they judge that??? Any links or details about the kinds of tests used for distinguishing between consensual sex and rape??? Also, are these tests available in India???

A.V.

Interesting Avi, how can they judge that??? Any links or details about the kinds of tests used for distinguishing between consensual sex and rape??? Also, are these tests available in India???
depends on the situation past experiences in the last 48 hours there is circumstantial evidence testing available to judge but the test is not foolproof till last known the test was 66% correct.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Circumstantial evidence, forensics help assertain that. Signs of struggle, nail marks being common. Forced entry is also possible to determine I think.
DNA of the semen sample has to be matched with the accused.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
DNA of the semen sample has to be matched with the accused.
He has already accepted that they had sex (he says it was consensual).

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I was taking of a general case.
His family is denying that he has made any confession.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles