Shikara movie falsified the facts ?

Roshan

Country flag
Yup but it should come as no surprise that with vvc making it it would be anything but this.

You only need to look at this woman's anguish to know how they distorted or completely neglected to mention the facts. Yes but throw in a token ganga jamuna tehzeeb line and a love story to underline that msg and it will gain enough traction among liberals.

Wait for vivek agnihotris 'kashmir files'. most people I know were not going to this movie anyway.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Watched #Shikara.
It has secularised the #HinduGenocide in #Kashmir and romanticised it for the mega bucks it will make.
Our homes and murders are a mere prop in this story.
Massacres, rapes and vandalised temples must've been too gory to qualify for even a prop, in a love story.

varun9509

Country flag
Bloody Leeches, thats the only thing that I can call these guys.

Raju Seth

Guys please do not watch this movie in theater, if you still want to watch then watch pirated ones.
This movie is pure garbage and propaganda movie to save Islamic terrorism.
Request: Visit imdb and give them their 72 hoors (1 star rating).
We need to call hackers like tamilrockers & sell its pirate version inflicting loss on production house

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag

Jameson Emoni

It's wrong to blame Vidhu Randi chooda here. He was instructed by bhaiwood to insult KP and like a faithful dog, he delivered.
The ecosystem which exploits Hindus has become too big and powerful. It is either us or them at this point.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
What a piss poor waste of physicality. Anyone with such physique as was shown for the Hindu characters in the movie would retaliate violently to whatever was going on around them.
But these good looking fools smoked the nonviolent cigar and fled like sheep just so nothing could interrupt their one on one with their lady love.
Pathetic portrayal of history.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
It's wrong to blame Vidhu Randi chooda here. He was instructed by bhaiwood to insult KP and like a faithful dog, he delivered.
. I am not a Kashmiri Pandit and I cannot fully understand their pain or their circumstances while fleeing. Off topic, but don't you think that they should have rioted, and not fled like cattle?

Jameson Emoni

. I am not a Kashmiri Pandit and I cannot fully understand their pain or their circumstances while fleeing. Off topic, but don't you think that they should have rioted, and not fled like cattle?

You may have a point but it is very important to possess clarity in your thought: the blame ultimately lies on the perpetrator not the victim.

here2where

Expecting a commercial for-profit project like a motion picture to be faithful to history is asking for too much. They will intentionally cater to the biggest common denominator that brings in the profits.
Instead iam hoping DD/Films Division brings out a documentary on the actual KP exodus and release it on web. That will help spread the historical truth better.

Sikhbrah

Country flag
What a piss poor waste of physicality. Anyone with such physique as was shown for the Hindu characters in the movie would retaliate violently to whatever was going on around them.
But these good looking fools smoked the nonviolent cigar and fled like sheep just so nothing could interrupt their one on one with their lady love.
Pathetic portrayal of history.
Good looks and physique mean nothing when you are severely out numbered by jihadis and terrorist from across the border.

It was up to the Indian government to take action to protect their citizens, which of course, never happened in 1990.

Can’t put much blame on Kashmiri Pandits who just wanted to live peacefully with their neighbors.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles