Sheikh Mujib feared India could annex Bangladesh

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Many Bangladeshis abuse India for trivial reasons.
They feel insecure about a Hindu majority country engulfing them from three sides....
And, many feel jealous though India is not a great place to live yet !!!! Think how Bangladesh is ......
Whether friend or enemy, Islam-insecurity and radicalization to prevent hallucinated-consequences will always prevail....
Anyone who thinks Bangla deshis have a soft corner for Indians for 1971 or they are grateful to us ....is fooling himself,at the end of the they are Muslims and took Paki's over us at any day.

We Indians should put them on par with pakis and treat them as such both overtly and covertly.

South Asian Muslim can't be compared with Iranian who take pride in their non Muslim past and ancestors, but here they follow the slave version of Islam subservient to Arabs,look at their looks and Arab names.

I_PLAY_BAD

Anyone who thinks Bangla deshis have a soft corner for Indians for 1971 or they are grateful to us ....is fooling himself,at the end of the they are Muslims and took Paki's over us at any day.

We Indians should put them on par with pakis and treat them as such both overtly and covertly.

South Asian Muslim can't be compared with Iranian who take pride in their non Muslim past and ancestors, but here they follow the slave version of Islam subservient to Arabs,look at their looks and Arab names.
That is because all South Asian muslims are a product of forced conversion and rape.
Their ancestors were raped and converted to create a fascinating breed of current south asian muslims.
They always get enraged and be skeptical about their societal status when among Hindus and repeatedly try to prove they are not any inferior to us.

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
As a Bangladeshi, but also someone a bit more informed and objective here are my thoughts.

1. For India Bangladesh would be a burden, why take on a population of another minimum 150 million Muslims and tip the religious demography of the Indian union.

2. Bangladesh as a state with a very conscious awareness of statehood and independence would always have a dormant potential tendency for an independence struggle (this is in a la-la land whereby India actually takes BD which would never happen as India is not interested, but BD would fight in a massive guerilla war).

3. Bangladesh being a member of the Indian Union would make the situation in India even worse given that even BIMARU citizens migrating to non-BIMARU states such as Maharashtra are seen as controversial let alone Bangladeshis.

4. India has zero-interest in annexing Bangladesh, which it cannot do militarily due to the resultant guerilla war which would make Kashmir look like a picnic, and every interest in keeping it not part of India.

5. The main Indian strategic interest in Bangladesh is to prevent it from becoming a giant ISI base as it virtually was under the BNP-Jamaat regime of Khaleda Zia, i.e. a base to try and destabilize India.

Otherwise India is indifferent/sympathetic to Bangladesh.

I think with an improving economy, a more well-informed populace the anti-Indian sentiment in Bangladesh (exaggerated) will decrease. Happy people are those who seek to preserve their lot rather than destroy it. If Bangladeshis visibly see their economic progress is in part due to a friendly India they will seek to maintain that. The elite business class in Dhaka are very savvy and shrewd and know India in real terms is no real enemy of Bangladesh.

The main problem for India in Bangladesh is unsurprisingly Pakistan and its agents who are trying hard to incite hatred amongst Bangladeshis for India.

amoy

@Bengal_Tiger u probably overlook the regrets that India could have annexed parts of BD that are of strategic importance, in order to broaden the Silguri chicken neck corridor and access to seaports for its NE, as pointed out by a few posters in hindsight.

Gulping the whole BD down makes no sense. But grabbing the key parts is supposed to have least resistance or manageable in a good timing, like Israel did to Golan Heights of Syria and a bit of Lebanon.

BD to India is unlike what Mexico is to US or vice versa. Other than absorbing a continuously massive immigration US also provides enormous investment and markets for Mexico under NAFTA. But anywhere has your SAARC FTA gone in comparison?! Just be very level-headed and practical about prospects of all this relationship.

~Tapa talks: Orange is the new black.~

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
@Bengal_Tiger u probably overlook the regrets that India could have annexed parts of BD that are of strategic importance, in order to broaden the Silguri chicken neck corridor and access to seaports for its NE, as pointed out by a few posters in hindsight.

Gulping the whole BD down makes no sense. But grabbing the key parts is supposed to have least resistance or manageable in a good timing, like Israel did to Golan Heights of Syria and a bit of Lebanon.

BD to India is unlike what Mexico is to US or vice versa. Other than absorbing a continuously massive immigration US also provides enormous investment and markets for Mexico under NAFTA. But anywhere has your SAARC FTA gone in comparison?! Just be very level-headed and practical about prospects of all this relationship.

~Tapa talks: Orange is the new black.~
Amoy, I am.

India is our neighbour and will be our neighbour, this is a physical reality which cannot be changed.

Our neighbours are not Saudi Arabia, Turkey or Pakistan but India.

We can chose to have antagonistic relations with a nuclear giant of over 1 billion people or we could be "level-headed and practical" and try to create a friendly relationship based on trade and co-operation.

India has no interest in annexing us, that's a fact.

The only people who benefit from unnecessary India-Bangladesh antagonism are of course the Pakistanis who are striving to do this via their local agents, the BNP and Jamaat.

No offence but as someone Chinese, I can't help but suspect you wish me to have a more hostile attitude towards India due to the Sino-Indian rivalry. Just as China's smaller neighbours should work to having good relations with China another nuclear giant, territorial giant and economic giant rather than a hostile one the same applies to India-Bangladesh relations.

Anyway in my opinion the best friends of Bangladesh are Japan, China, South Korea in that order. Malaysia could come a fourth, our relations with Thailand are quite strong and 22% of our imports come from them, I have no fantastic delusions of support from the so-called "Muslim world", especially since "Islamists" in these states actively campaign against Bangladesh and support pro-Pakistan radicals involved in the genocide of my people in 1971 e.g. Saudi has imposed a labour ban on us since 2008, this was due to Jamaati (and most likely Pakistani) pressure.

This is coming from someone who speaks Arabic, prays 5 times a day i.e. me.

amoy

If u @Bengal_Tiger think I expect u [BD] to become antagonistic to India then u under-estimate prevailing pragmatism in Chinese philosophy

When saying of being level-headed I suggest actually BD have to manage your expectations about Indo BD bilateral relations especially when speaking of trade and investment. Otherwise connectivity btwn India's NE and BD or immigrants there wouldn't have been nuisances long since. As for Sino India rivalry that's very much overhyped. Thanks to the Himalayas in btwn we can chill out all the time. Regarding Pakistan CPEC is simply oriented to boost development as an antidote to extremism. Uncle Sam is the role model for Chinese in "supporing the supporters" so Chinese will cling to our ally Pakistan as much as US to Israel. U shouldn'tshift the blame to Pakistan for your internal woes.

~~Still waters run deep. ~~from my MiPad using tapatalk

rockey 71

1.Situation of BD is like that of a mouse sitting next to an elephant. We naturally live under this pressure. Our history tells us that invaders from the west visited our fertile land whenever our guards were down.
2. We cannot ignore the fact that RSS is the power behind the current Indian regime. And RSS is never shy to explain that they seek to establish Hindutva and Akhand Bharat.

Bornubus

1.Situation of BD is like that of a mouse sitting next to an elephant. We naturally live under this pressure. Our history tells us that invaders from the west visited our fertile land whenever our guards were down.
2. We cannot ignore the fact that RSS is the power behind the current Indian regime. And RSS is never shy to explain that they seek to establish Hindutva and Akhand Bharat.
Akhand bharat ... Yes may be in India or a cultural connection with Buddhist or Hindu world outside India but absolutely not Bangladesh.Majority of us never really cared about what happen in your country,heck i don't even know your cities other that Dhaka.

We are culturally, religiously, racially different thus we have indifferent attitude towards Bangla desh,RSS or another Hindu org has nothing to do with Muslim Bangladesh anymore than muslim Somalia.

Last edited:

Bengal_Tiger

Country flag
If u @Bengal_Tiger think I expect u [BD] to become antagonistic to India then u under-estimate prevailing pragmatism in Chinese philosophy

When saying of being level-headed I suggest actually BD have to manage your expectations about Indo BD bilateral relations especially when speaking of trade and investment. Otherwise connectivity btwn India's NE and BD or immigrants there wouldn't have been nuisances long since. As for Sino India rivalry that's very much overhyped. Thanks to the Himalayas in btwn we can chill out all the time. Regarding Pakistan CPEC is simply oriented to boost development as an antidote to extremism. Uncle Sam is the role model for Chinese in "supporing the supporters" so Chinese will cling to our ally Pakistan as much as US to Israel. U shouldn'tshift the blame to Pakistan for your internal woes.

~~Still waters run deep. ~~from my MiPad using tapatalk
Your previous post seemed to me that you wanted me to have a hostile, suspicious attitude towards India as you made reference to India wanting parts of Bangladesh, "grabbing the key parts".

India has no territorial designs on Bangladesh as it is one of the largest countries on earth and has huge swathes of uninhabited or sparsely inhabited territory e.g. deserts of Rajashtan. India's main agenda in Bangladesh is to prevent an anti-Indian, pro-Pakistan Bangladesh which supports anti-Indian secessionists.

If you find this hard to believe then it is like me saying China has no desire on territory in Burma or Vietnam as it has enough land as it is, i.e. just as India views Nepal and Bangladesh.

"U shouldn'tshift the blame to Pakistan for your internal woes."

Nice attempt at defending Pakistan, alongside your attempts to vilify India, the fact is I am Bangladeshi and I know the reality of Bangladesh and the very negative influence of Pakistan and its ISI in my country whereas you don't. You don't see me commenting on Chinese internal affairs.

bose

Country flag
I have said earlier sometime back and let me state again ...there is no ill will towards Bangladesh, Indians respect your culture and sacrifices and your love of your language... yes there are issues between us and those will be sorted out amicably [ even it takes long time to resolve] India does not gain by denying any legitimate rights for any neighbor state.

There was no need to needle India by inviting ISI as done by Begum Zia... India wants a neutral Bangladesh that is all...

2. We cannot ignore the fact that RSS is the power behind the current Indian regime. And RSS is never shy to explain that they seek to establish Hindutva and .
BJP came to power because of Congress corruption and not for Akhand Bharat nor Hindutva...

Indian youth want employment and honorable life to lead ... we want development and development only...

Remember it the BJP PM Vajpayee who went to Pakistan for friendship and what did he got in return ? Kargil...

If any one is capable to bring peace in this region it will be BJP and not Corrupt Congress who has been fooling people for last 65 years...

rockey 71

I have said earlier sometime back and let me state again ...there is no ill will towards Bangladesh, Indians respect your culture and sacrifices and your love of your language... yes there are issues between us and those will be sorted out amicably [ even it takes long time to resolve] India does not gain by denying any legitimate rights for any neighbor state.

There was no need to needle India by inviting ISI as done by Begum Zia... India wants a neutral Bangladesh that is all...

BJP came to power because of Congress corruption and not for Akhand Bharat nor Hindutva...

Indian youth want employment and honorable life to lead ... we want development and development only...

Remember it the BJP PM Vajpayee who went to Pakistan for friendship and what did he got in return ? Kargil...

If any one is capable to bring peace in this region it will be BJP and not Corrupt Congress who has been fooling people for last 65 years...

For us to see peace in SA, it will only be possible when all three countries have military regimes. No political regime ever works for peace or amity. Politics and politicians thrive on conflicts.

Neelkanth

For us to see peace in SA, it will only be possible when all three countries have military regimes. No political regime ever works for peace or amity. Politics and politicians thrive on conflicts.
And Military Thrives on peace? a fighting force can't govern. BD needs a Communist Party Of China Government. we Are fine with our Shitty democracy.

Bornubus

Spoken like a true paki again. Just confess it already. :facepalm:
Not only paki its basically an uncivilzed Arab mentality who used to live in violent tribes even before Islam and early Islamic period and since many Muslims follow the slave version of Islam subservient to Arab culture they tend to copy them in their life thus they demand Sharia and military dictatorship.

So progressive words like democracy,rule of law are obviously frowned upon by those muslims.

But off course,not every Muslim are like that for example South East Asia and Iran as they don't follow Arab slave version of Islam,even their names are not Arab but indigenous.

You tell them (S.A Muslims) words like raiding,looting, raping,enslaving, dictatorship,sharia and see the joy on their faces.

Last edited:

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Not only paki its basically an uncivilzed Arab mentality who used to live in violent tribes even before Islam and early Islamic period and since many Muslims follow the slave version of Islam subservient to Arab culture they tend to copy them in their life thus they demand Sharia and military dictatorship.

So progressive words like democracy,rule of law are obviously frowned upon by those muslims.

But off course,not every Muslim are like that for example South East Asia and Iran as they don't follow Arab slave version of Islam,ever their names are not Arab but indigenous.

You tell them (S.A Muslims) words like raiding,looting, raping,enslaving, dictatorship and see the joy on their faces.
Right. Their religion doesn't teach them to be a team player or care for humanity. They take joy in massacres. All they want is chaos and to go back to the age and way of life 1400 years ago. Islam (especially wahhabism) is actually a disease that needs to be cured. Only a fraction of muslims manage to come out of this vicious mentality and live to tell about it.

As far as south east Asians & Iranians are concerned, they are slightly better but not all that good. Given the chance and right scenario, they will fall into this Islamic abyss as well. Look at Iran for e.g. They were very advanced and by now would have been a developed country on par with the Europeans. But the Iranian revolution changed all that. They are still fortunate that they have a stable government and country.

bose

Country flag
Not possible in India !! it will bring disaster to the nation... India is united because we have decided to have a liberal system ...

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Not possible in India !! it will bring disaster to the nation... India is united because we have decided to have a liberal system ...
Only degenerates will think of something like this. To hand over the fate of their land in the hands of 1 man and 1 mindset. They do not realize what will happen if that man is a psycho.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
When we created trouble for Bangladesh. Instead, we are trying to improve your edu and R&D system. :tsk:
RSS does nothing except cramming old values. Nor most of Indians care about them. :taunt:
It's hardwork of Indians and Democracy which made us developing from a third world country and we are still improving.
As an average Indian Hindu, I think people living in Pakistan and Bangladesh now have changed their mentality and accepted other nationalities. So, there's no advantage to occupy them and create some new troubles. GoI thinks like me.
End of the story. :biggrin2:

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
I don't know how it works in BD but in India we give a boot on the a&& of government who does not follow the development agenda. You can see the Bihar election result. RSS is overhyped. I mean it's been decades since the Ram janam bhumi case started and what did the RSS do???
You claim BJP works on the guidelines of RSS and yet I don't see Ram mandir on the Ram jana bhumi.

rockey 71

I don't know how it works in BD but in India we give a boot on the a&& of government who does not follow the development agenda. You can see the Bihar election result. RSS is overhyped. I mean it's been decades since the Ram janam bhumi case started and what did the RSS do???
You claim BJP works on the guidelines of RSS and yet I don't see Ram mandir on the Ram jana bhumi.

It is supposed to work similarly in BD also. However, the general feeling here is that the current BAL govt uses its close ties with India to prevent any activity by opposition parties. It cracks down hard on any voice of dissent. In sum, India is loosing any sympathy among BS masses.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles