Share your stuff!

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Mitron,

Share what little goodies you've got via providing download links.

You can share virtually anything,be it Books (in electronic format),Videos,Songs,Documents etc.

Along with links,Please try to give a proper description about the thing you're going to share.
For example,if you're going to provide a download link of a book,provide an Image of its cover,categorize it,language of the book,publication date,give names of author(s) etc.

Rules and Guidelines
-----------------------------
1.DO NOT USE THIS THREAD TO PROVIDE PAY-PER-CLICK LINKS.
The purpose of this thread is to share,not earn.
2.If the links provided by you become dead or material is removed,You can give fresh links in new posts,only be sure to mention it.
3.Try to avoid sharing same thing that is already provided by someone else,Unless the thing you're going to share is 'better version' of it in any way (Say,next edition of the book).
4.Requests are permitted.
etc.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I'm going to share this book in electronic format.

The Black Rifle:M16 Retrospective
Authors:R.Blake Stevens and Edward C. Ezell
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0889351155
  • ISBN-13: 978-0889351158
This books is an ultimate reference material that gives insight view of story of development of AR-15 assault rifle developed by two renowned weapons designer Eugene 'Gene' Stoner and L. James 'Jim' Sullivan which was later adopted by United States Armed Forces as standard issue assault rifle under a new designation - Rifle,Caliber 5.56 mm, M16. Full with lots of rare pictures and diagrams,tables and graphs this books explains design philosophy of the weapon that 'was way ahead of its time' (and in some way,still is).The book gives historical overview of its inception in Armalite to debacle in Vietnam and further modifications that made her a weapon that has been serving in United States Armed Forces since more than fifty years and still serving,as recent attempts to replace her with a better alternative has failed and this rifle has proved it has a real fighting spirit that she doesn't want to be 'put down'.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwvgfoEniBEtejVIMXltaXg0eWc

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Request : There's a second volume of the book named as "Black Rifle II: The M16 Into the 21st Century" authored by Christopher R. Bartocci.

I'm searching this book since ages but couldn't find it anywhere.Any member who happens to have it in electronic format,please do share it here.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
To balance up my former post,I'm going to share something that rivals M16.

The AK-47
KALASHNIKOV-SERIES ASSAULT RIFLES
WEAPON 8
  • Author: Gordon L. Rottman
  • Illustrator: Johnny Shumate, Alan Gilliland
  • Short code: WPN 8
  • Publication Date: 20 Apr 2011
  • Number of Pages: 80
published by Osprey Publications.

This book gives a brief overview of the weapon that has taken most lives than any other weapon made EVER and still counting.Starting from earlier days of its inventor Mikhail Timofeyevich Kalashnikov this small book shares philosophy behind its inception.Wounded in Battle of Brynsk,then tank commander Mikhail witnessed deaths of his brethren by a German weapon that despite being late for its arrival significantly changed outcome of the war,named Sturmgewehr-44 (Storm Rifle - 44 or literally Assault Rifle model '44 ).When he was recovering from his wounds a new weapon was being designed in his head that would change outcome of future by being one of the most simple,reliable,cheap and deadly firearm ever made.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwvgfoEniBEtcDk4RzZmZVZzRkU

Bonus:Visit this webpage to get more info on AK-47. Mousegunner has vast amount on articles on various guns so feel free to check them out,too.
http://www.mouseguns.com/ak47info/ak47info.htm

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Sheesh! Too much violence in last two posts,isn't it?

Well,what about story of a man whose mathematical intellect literally changed the word,despite he's hardly known by many people?

The Man Who Knew Infinity - A Life of the Genius Ramanujan
Authored by Robert Kanigel
Pages:468
File Format - PDF

The man who knew infinity is a biography of late Indian Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan who despite having little formal education had excelled in field of mathematics in such a way that has hardly rivaled by anybody.Born in a very poor family he had very little chance to get properly educated in good schools but he had clever tutors who recognized his talent and encouraged him to go further in his path.This book not only gives insights of the man but also shares overview of the 19th century India,especially southern parts.Also,this books gives its fair share of mathematical explanation of Ramanujan's work and its significance on modern world (though being a mathematical noob understanding it would be a hard nut to crack for me :tongue:).

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwvgfoEniBEtcE0zUk01eWZZYnM

Innocent

Country flag
One of the biggest archive of books for every book published in digital format.
gen.lib.rus.ec
libgen.io
Can directly download or with torrents,but its easy for ddl.

https://sci-hub.cc

Biggest source for research papers with millions of them for free.

note: above links are of pirate site plz use vpn for safety

Innocent

Country flag
actually they are not pirate sites because they dont host anything.
@Razor

they are just reference sites.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
That's true. @LurkerBaba will probably report everyone here to Cyber Police.

Consequences will never be the same. :sad:
Damn, since you learned to swear recently, I thought I was gonna miss the old @Dovah

I wish I was half as witty as you :truestory: bro

---------------------

All I meant was LB saar will close ze thread. PS: U Shouldn't have tagged big brother.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Next book that i'm going to share is on Exercising.

Strength Training - DK Publications
Language - English
File format - PDF
Pages - 258

This colourful book is an introductory guide of gymming full of graphical illustrations and exercising tips.Focused on building muscles,this book explains various concepts of exercising starting from Anatomy of Human Muscles to training physiology,various training methods,diet planning and so on.This book might help you understand basics of exercising in quite informative way and may also help loose that big 'tire' around that fat belly :biggrin2:.In fact,being a plump fatso,i should also start exercising,what do yous say ? :tongue2:

Link : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwvgfoEniBEtTExsZERrY3dna0U

gekko

Is this a secret honey trap by the mods so that people who post here can be banned? :)
Aint nobady here be hatin on em digital pirates. We only hate em pirate niggas from Somalia. Aint no nigga here be from Somalia, we be from Surat.

Here's my stuff, some sneak peak into the old days :

French women who slept with the Nazis were shamed and paraded by lynch mobs of British Allied troops and French Resistance.

Umm..quite cultured. Aint no women's rights activists in France, Britain, USA, India speaking about this, but they keep yapping about how the British civilized the Indians who were supposedly mistreating the women.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
@gekko @Krusty I just remembered this review of "Dirty Old London" I was reading the other day and using to make fun of this work colleague who is really proud of his British ancestry.

Some Fun, Nasty, Dreadful Facts About Victorian Shits

Kelly Faircloth

12/02/15 10:30am
Filed to: SHITTERS OF YORE

Give or take a couple of grand town houses and ambitious parks, nineteenth-century London was essentially a giant shit-smeared refuse heap beer-battered in coal dust.

View attachment upload_2017-8-1_20-8-25.gif
While London had always been a big, bustling place with a not-inconsiderable amount of ambient fecal matter, growth accelerated as the Industrial age got cranking, bringing a whole host of filthy infrastructure issues. The issue became a great popular obsession, but it took decades to wrangle all the necessary stakeholders, officials and taxpayers for basics like upgraded sewers. Various reformers would emerge and propose grand schemes, but the decentralized nature of local government made it damn near impossible to get anything done. Meanwhile the city just got filthier and filthier. There was a moral dimension to the Victorians’ obsession with cleanliness, but it wasn’t pure prudery—they were sick of walking around ankle-deep in crap and garbage.

Lee Jackson’s Dirty Old London, which just came out in paperback, is a chronicle of the city’s decades-long battle to clean up its streets. Also its homes, its roads, its backyards, its gutters, its alleys, its boots, its various bodies of water. An accessibly written chronicle of a fascinating piece of history, it’s also overflowing with astounding, horrifying facts about Victorian shits. For instance!

The Basements of Fancy Houses Were Chambers of Poo
Until the advent of sewers, “night soil”—which sounds like a species of beautiful, precious luminescent flower but was in fact their term for human waste, because it could only be carted off at night—went into cesspools somewhere underneath or out back of the home. If you were superrich, you might not even bother cleaning yours out: “In grander houses, when one cesspool became full, it was also customary to arch it over and dig another, ‘to avoid the expense and trouble of removing the soil.’ Some of the best homes in the West End were ‘literally honeycombed’ in their foundations, with chambers full of ancient ordure.”

Cesspools Leaked (Deliberately)
This becomes more disgusting when you learn that some of these chambers of crap weren’t watertight. They weren’t supposed to be watertight. Because sloshy shit is harder to shovel out.

Many London cesspools, however, were designed to be permeable, so that liquid could percolate from the chamber into the ground below, leaving a more solid sludge behind. In other words, they were designed to leak, with either no proper base whatsoever, or “with open joints, so as to economise the labour of emptying them.” The potential for pollution, in an era when many Londoners still relied on local wells and pumps for water, was considerable—and largely overlooked.

Besides occasional frustration with overflows, mostly everybody was fine with this situation, because nobody understood where all that cholera was coming from. That is, until water closets came along and started dumping too much water into the system. (Think about it—not a lot of water involved in a chamber-pot.) If you had a watertight cesspool, you had to pump it out more often; if yours was porous, you got “a damp, foul-smelling bog.” Stink scared them, thanks to the idea that “miasma” could make you sick. And so London started installing sewers.

Unfortunately, many of those sewers dumped into the city’s primary water source.

Enjoy That Delicious Glass of Filth!
Shit in the streets is not ideal, but if you really want stomach-turning, think of the water supply. Jackson cites one of the early ruckuses on the matter, when journalist John Wright published The Dolphin, or Grand Junction Nuisance; proving that Seven Thousand Families in Westminster and its Suburbs are supplied in Water in a state offensive to the sight, disgusting to the imagination, and destructive to the health. He wasn’t kidding:

Here is Wright describing how he showed a sample of tap water to the eminent surgeon John Abernathy, in terms worthy of a cheap melodrama: “Never shall I forget the countenance of this eminent man at that moment! The very sight of the turbid fluid seemed to occasion a turmoil in his stomach. He began pacing the room backward and forward, and the only words I could extract from him were, ‘How can you ask me such a question? There is such a thing as Common Sense! There is such a thing as Common Sense!’”

Please note that The Dolphin was published relatively early in the century, in 1827, and it would get worse before it got better.

Whatever, It’s Fine, It’ll Settle!
While many people were horrified by Wright’s muckraking, it wasn’t enough to get a major push for reform. And some people thought he was being just hysterical:

[His primary target] The Grand Junction Company, meanwhile, made counterclaims, not least that its water, settling in household cisterns, “very speedily becomes bright in repose, and is then the finest water in the world.” Once the water became “bright”—i.e. once floating matter settled—it was considered pure. Opposition to Write was not confined to the boardrooms of water companies. The Westminster Review condemned him as a rabble-rouser, a novice in matters chemical and scientific, ignorantly stirring up ‘hydrophobia.’ The great volume of water in the Thames, and its continual movement, surely diluted and destroyed all harmful substances.

“Looks fine to me! Does it look okay to you, Jones?” “Sure does! No turds here! Drink up!”

Shit With a View
Here is perhaps the most amazing image in the entire book:

Passengers on the Thames infamously had to avert their eyes from the riverside slums built over tidal creeks: “so little regard is paid to decency that women may be seen entering and leaving these projecting privies, and the filth dropping into the water, by any passer by.”

Wow.

View attachment upload_2017-8-1_20-8-25.gif
There Is a Spectre Haunting Europe
Even the rich were struggling to cope with their crap, but poor areas were in a truly shocking state. Jackson summarizes an 1831 report:

The problem was neglect: slum properties with either no toilet facilities whatsoever, or privies and cesspools shared between dozens of tenants, completely ignored by landlords, never emptied. Water closets were all b ut unknown. The worst places were abominably foul: “12 inches deep in soil on the floor and seat and flowing through the gutters.” As the metropolis expanded, landlords had packed more tenants into old, decrepit housing; and tenants themselves sublet their rooms. Filthy conditions had become the norm in numerous gloomy courts and alleys. Emptying cesspools cost money; slum landlords were loath to pay for the service; residents could not or would not pay.

No wonder the upper crust was so worried about the Chartists. They had a tiger by the tail.

Dust Disposal Duty
One of the logistical problems of a city run on coal was getting rid of the resulting coal dust. But until relatively late in the nineteenth century, there was no municipal trash authority to handle it. Instead, dustmen (who removed all manner of trash) worked for private contractors who in fact paid for the right to haul off a parish’s trash—because it was a valuable commodity. That’s because of the ashes, which in the early 1800s they could sell to brickmakers and turn a pretty profit. That is until London expanded to the point there was too much dust and the construction was too far out in the suburbs to make the economics work. As you might imagine, it was a tremendous pain in the ass to reform this system once it stopped working.

Thanks for the Toilets
There’s an entire section of the book dedicated to the invention of public toilets—a process that took decades. It started out with urinals, of course, because everyone was sick of drinkers pissing on their walls:

In fact the first widely available “public toilets” in London were not privies or water closets, but simple urinals for men. Publicans led the way, constructing urinal accommodation because they were annoyed by the perpetual pools of urine and foul-smelling brick and woodwork outside their premises. Parishes followed suit, trying to address a public nuisance which caused to many complaints. Bizarrely enough, this often involved sanitary committees of prosperous vestrymen paying visits to particular walls to establish whether they stank sufficiently to merit intervention.

Emphasis mine. Local politics in a nutshell. (Or a urinal cake.)

Petticoats Filled With Trash
In addition to everything else, the streets were full of trash. Combine that trash with a fad for long, flowing skirts, and you get stomach-churning nastiness:

Added to mud was general litter, varying from the relatively harmless— “old newspapers, cast-off shoes, and crownless hats”—to broken glass and mouldering food. Lady F.W. Harberton, inveighing against the fashionable “train” in female dress (i.e. a trailing skirt), presented the following gruesome inventory to her readers, of relics recovered from a train allowed to drag along the pavement: “2 cigar ends; 9 cigarette ditto; A portion of pork pie; 4 toothpicks; 2 hairpins; 1 stem of a clay pipe; 3 fragments of orange peel; 1 slice of cat’s meat; Half a sole of a boot; 1 plug of tobacco (chewed); Straw, mud, scraps of paper, and miscellaneous street refuse.”

I highly recommend Dirty Old London, which is now out in paperback, as a holiday gift. It is disgusting and wonderful.

gekko

@gekko @Krusty I just remembered this review of "Dirty Old London" I was reading the other day and using to make fun of this work colleague who is really proud of his British ancestry.

Some Fun, Nasty, Dreadful Facts About Victorian Shits

Kelly Faircloth

12/02/15 10:30am
Filed to: SHITTERS OF YORE

Give or take a couple of grand town houses and ambitious parks, nineteenth-century London was essentially a giant shit-smeared refuse heap beer-battered in coal dust.

View attachment 18431
While London had always been a big, bustling place with a not-inconsiderable amount of ambient fecal matter, growth accelerated as the Industrial age got cranking, bringing a whole host of filthy infrastructure issues. The issue became a great popular obsession, but it took decades to wrangle all the necessary stakeholders, officials and taxpayers for basics like upgraded sewers. Various reformers would emerge and propose grand schemes, but the decentralized nature of local government made it damn near impossible to get anything done. Meanwhile the city just got filthier and filthier. There was a moral dimension to the Victorians’ obsession with cleanliness, but it wasn’t pure prudery—they were sick of walking around ankle-deep in crap and garbage.

Lee Jackson’s Dirty Old London, which just came out in paperback, is a chronicle of the city’s decades-long battle to clean up its streets. Also its homes, its roads, its backyards, its gutters, its alleys, its boots, its various bodies of water. An accessibly written chronicle of a fascinating piece of history, it’s also overflowing with astounding, horrifying facts about Victorian shits. For instance!

The Basements of Fancy Houses Were Chambers of Poo
Until the advent of sewers, “night soil”—which sounds like a species of beautiful, precious luminescent flower but was in fact their term for human waste, because it could only be carted off at night—went into cesspools somewhere underneath or out back of the home. If you were superrich, you might not even bother cleaning yours out: “In grander houses, when one cesspool became full, it was also customary to arch it over and dig another, ‘to avoid the expense and trouble of removing the soil.’ Some of the best homes in the West End were ‘literally honeycombed’ in their foundations, with chambers full of ancient ordure.”

Cesspools Leaked (Deliberately)
This becomes more disgusting when you learn that some of these chambers of crap weren’t watertight. They weren’t supposed to be watertight. Because sloshy shit is harder to shovel out.

Many London cesspools, however, were designed to be permeable, so that liquid could percolate from the chamber into the ground below, leaving a more solid sludge behind. In other words, they were designed to leak, with either no proper base whatsoever, or “with open joints, so as to economise the labour of emptying them.” The potential for pollution, in an era when many Londoners still relied on local wells and pumps for water, was considerable—and largely overlooked.

Besides occasional frustration with overflows, mostly everybody was fine with this situation, because nobody understood where all that cholera was coming from. That is, until water closets came along and started dumping too much water into the system. (Think about it—not a lot of water involved in a chamber-pot.) If you had a watertight cesspool, you had to pump it out more often; if yours was porous, you got “a damp, foul-smelling bog.” Stink scared them, thanks to the idea that “miasma” could make you sick. And so London started installing sewers.

Unfortunately, many of those sewers dumped into the city’s primary water source.

Enjoy That Delicious Glass of Filth!
Shit in the streets is not ideal, but if you really want stomach-turning, think of the water supply. Jackson cites one of the early ruckuses on the matter, when journalist John Wright published The Dolphin, or Grand Junction Nuisance; proving that Seven Thousand Families in Westminster and its Suburbs are supplied in Water in a state offensive to the sight, disgusting to the imagination, and destructive to the health. He wasn’t kidding:

Here is Wright describing how he showed a sample of tap water to the eminent surgeon John Abernathy, in terms worthy of a cheap melodrama: “Never shall I forget the countenance of this eminent man at that moment! The very sight of the turbid fluid seemed to occasion a turmoil in his stomach. He began pacing the room backward and forward, and the only words I could extract from him were, ‘How can you ask me such a question? There is such a thing as Common Sense! There is such a thing as Common Sense!’”

Please note that The Dolphin was published relatively early in the century, in 1827, and it would get worse before it got better.

Whatever, It’s Fine, It’ll Settle!
While many people were horrified by Wright’s muckraking, it wasn’t enough to get a major push for reform. And some people thought he was being just hysterical:

[His primary target] The Grand Junction Company, meanwhile, made counterclaims, not least that its water, settling in household cisterns, “very speedily becomes bright in repose, and is then the finest water in the world.” Once the water became “bright”—i.e. once floating matter settled—it was considered pure. Opposition to Write was not confined to the boardrooms of water companies. The Westminster Review condemned him as a rabble-rouser, a novice in matters chemical and scientific, ignorantly stirring up ‘hydrophobia.’ The great volume of water in the Thames, and its continual movement, surely diluted and destroyed all harmful substances.

“Looks fine to me! Does it look okay to you, Jones?” “Sure does! No turds here! Drink up!”

Shit With a View
Here is perhaps the most amazing image in the entire book:

Passengers on the Thames infamously had to avert their eyes from the riverside slums built over tidal creeks: “so little regard is paid to decency that women may be seen entering and leaving these projecting privies, and the filth dropping into the water, by any passer by.”

Wow.

View attachment 18432
There Is a Spectre Haunting Europe
Even the rich were struggling to cope with their crap, but poor areas were in a truly shocking state. Jackson summarizes an 1831 report:

The problem was neglect: slum properties with either no toilet facilities whatsoever, or privies and cesspools shared between dozens of tenants, completely ignored by landlords, never emptied. Water closets were all b ut unknown. The worst places were abominably foul: “12 inches deep in soil on the floor and seat and flowing through the gutters.” As the metropolis expanded, landlords had packed more tenants into old, decrepit housing; and tenants themselves sublet their rooms. Filthy conditions had become the norm in numerous gloomy courts and alleys. Emptying cesspools cost money; slum landlords were loath to pay for the service; residents could not or would not pay.

No wonder the upper crust was so worried about the Chartists. They had a tiger by the tail.

Dust Disposal Duty
One of the logistical problems of a city run on coal was getting rid of the resulting coal dust. But until relatively late in the nineteenth century, there was no municipal trash authority to handle it. Instead, dustmen (who removed all manner of trash) worked for private contractors who in fact paid for the right to haul off a parish’s trash—because it was a valuable commodity. That’s because of the ashes, which in the early 1800s they could sell to brickmakers and turn a pretty profit. That is until London expanded to the point there was too much dust and the construction was too far out in the suburbs to make the economics work. As you might imagine, it was a tremendous pain in the ass to reform this system once it stopped working.

Thanks for the Toilets
There’s an entire section of the book dedicated to the invention of public toilets—a process that took decades. It started out with urinals, of course, because everyone was sick of drinkers pissing on their walls:

In fact the first widely available “public toilets” in London were not privies or water closets, but simple urinals for men. Publicans led the way, constructing urinal accommodation because they were annoyed by the perpetual pools of urine and foul-smelling brick and woodwork outside their premises. Parishes followed suit, trying to address a public nuisance which caused to many complaints. Bizarrely enough, this often involved sanitary committees of prosperous vestrymen paying visits to particular walls to establish whether they stank sufficiently to merit intervention.

Emphasis mine. Local politics in a nutshell. (Or a urinal cake.)

Petticoats Filled With Trash
In addition to everything else, the streets were full of trash. Combine that trash with a fad for long, flowing skirts, and you get stomach-churning nastiness:

Added to mud was general litter, varying from the relatively harmless— “old newspapers, cast-off shoes, and crownless hats”—to broken glass and mouldering food. Lady F.W. Harberton, inveighing against the fashionable “train” in female dress (i.e. a trailing skirt), presented the following gruesome inventory to her readers, of relics recovered from a train allowed to drag along the pavement: “2 cigar ends; 9 cigarette ditto; A portion of pork pie; 4 toothpicks; 2 hairpins; 1 stem of a clay pipe; 3 fragments of orange peel; 1 slice of cat’s meat; Half a sole of a boot; 1 plug of tobacco (chewed); Straw, mud, scraps of paper, and miscellaneous street refuse.”

I highly recommend Dirty Old London, which is now out in paperback, as a holiday gift. It is disgusting and wonderful.
Added to wishlist.

This tribe of 'proud British' is an amusing group, just like Pakistanis, their pride clouds their sense of judgement.

I just remind them how small a nation they are but still having a hard timing keeping the consensus with their principalities. Ireland separated from them, despite being white and Christian, and now Scottland wants to do the same. The Irish, Welsh, British, Scotts were separate tribes before the unification of their little island. After ruling over the whole world, they are back to their tribal self. This is no doubt a very interesting case study geopolitically but it's a more important sociological phenomenon. It is said that a feeling of nationhood takes time to build. It comes from centuries of co-habitation, going through trials and tribulations as a nation for various ethnic groups within the nation to shun their extrinsic identity (language, skin color) and see themselves as a part of a nation based on a common idea.

The people of UK have gone through so many ups and downs together, and for their tribes to shun the common national identity, at this delicate juncture, in favor of their tribal identity is a failure of the 'idea of UK'. I'm sure the deep state understands this aspect at a deeper level. The proud Brits are many years behind this realization, but it will come.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles