Shahid Afridi goes on rampage, beats fans at Karachi Airport

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
KARACHI: Former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi attacked and slapped a fan at Karachi airport after he returned home from Dhaka where Pakistan won the Asia Cup final against Bangaldesh on Thursday.

Pakistan television channels showed Afridi, wearing a pink T-shirt, first push a youth to the ground and then slap him before his brother intervened and pulled him away in a melee on Friday night.

The incident took place shortly after Afridi had spoken to the media and praised Bangladesh for their outstanding performance in the Asia Cup final.

The footage showed Afridi heading for a waiting car when he turned around and attacked the youth and then pointed his finger at another man before his brother stepped in.

Afridi told reporters he had lost his temper because his young daughter Ajwa had been pushed to the ground.

"I know what I did was wrong, I should have controlled my temper," he said. "But when I saw my little daughter pushed to the ground I couldn't take it and lost my cool."

Afridi, 32, has been banned and fined twice by the International Cricket Council (ICC) during a controversial career.

Shahid Afridi attacks fan at airport | Sport | DAWN.COM

Related news:

Shahid Afridi attacks fan at airport - Hindustan Times
Shahid Afridi punches fan at Karachi airport - The Times of India

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
He has always been a short tempered guy and who came across as someone who did not have a brain.

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
No video anywhere of his daughter falling... a lie for saving face & arrogance?..

Tronic

If its true about his daughter falling, than his actions definitely show that he's a good father. I would have done the same in his position, even if someone had pushed my little nephews, nieces or even cousins; actually thinking about it, would have done it had it been any child. I dislike him for many reasons, but this is definitely not going to be one of them.

Last edited:

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Blackwater, dont you see this post...were are you..?.

PumpkinTravler

I have heard that it was not his daughter, it was some random little young girl who fell on the ground and he lost his temper and slapped a fan. Well even if it was his daughter or not, i think what he did was totally correct. I mean following your fans and trying to listen them or shake hands with them or even try to take an autograph is a natural thing but every crowd should know that such behavior with children is never acceptable in any part of the world

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Good chap that, this Afridi man!

He could have given one more, from my side!

Hate these autograph hunters nabbing a chap, who is dying to rush home and relieve himself, after such a long journey, not having the courage to use the dirty aircraft toilets!

Blackwater

becoz he come to know his wife is enjoying with somebody else:wave::wave::wave::taunt::taunt:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles