SH 15 Artillery Inducted in Pakistan Army

Super falcon

Country flag
I am least bothered about better range etc. But what I appreciate is the quick decision making process in Pakistan establishment. They are quick to give a response be it symmetric or asymmetric, whether end objective is met that is debatable. However, quick decision making is achieved.
Here in India babu and army will draft requirement, test and trial, by that time platform obsolescent. Process is restarted.
Agrred it take ages in most cases for india

Brood Father

Country flag
I am least bothered about better range etc. But what I appreciate is the quick decision making process in Pakistan establishment. They are quick to give a response be it symmetric or asymmetric, whether end objective is met that is debatable. However, quick decision making is achieved.
Here in India babu and army will draft requirement, test and trial, by that time platform obsolescent. Process is restarted.
One thing they are very good at is prioritizing. They know what they need and they get that

Compare that to India ..Babu and Gernails always try to scuttle the defence deals.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
this needs to be reiterated,time for decision making is the most important weakness i can see on our side.

also in the case of pakistan,they have no choice and this helps their decision making options to be more streamlined as their previous actions have narrowed down their options.

they have less money,so they have less paralysis due to choice,

they have less money,so they will always feel like going for the bargain option more than not,

their people are stupid and are not going to R&D a new system or process for making weapons,so they have no choice in majorly focusing on coming up with indeginous solutions,

a high majority of their population are stuck in a vicious cycle of poverty and high birth rate,which means they have no reason not to throw them away as useless pawns in the form of FC soldiers or terrorists.

only strong pole of power in their country,or major player you could say is the army,which means the money for their large aims is taken first and they do their needful purchases before any others needs are thought about.

All the above reason make their decision making more easier as most of thir choices are already made for them,bad in the long term as the lose strategic manuevarbility in decision making,but at the short term it speeds up their decisions.

ym888

We have Swathi which is a Weapon Locating Radar. It is a mobile artillery-locating phased array radar and is designed to detect and track the incoming artillery and rocket fire in order to determine the point of origin for counter-battery fire.

So I think so we will probably able to detect SH-15 Howitzers from where they are Firing and provide counter-Battery fire.

What do you think about it?
Pakistan also operates significant number of SLC-2 Radar

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Pakistan also operates significant number of SLC-2 Radar
Yes I know that. Both the Armed forces of both the countries have the Capability to detect Artillery Fire and retaliate with counter-Battery fire. We need to do the Comparison between these 2 systems of both the Countries.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Why did they buy SH15 tho ? Is it for replacing M109 ?
Yes. I think so Pakistan is buying them to replace th M110 & M109 Self Propelled Howitzers which use consistent tracks which makes them little bit slow and heavy. SH-15 on the other hand uses rubber tyres due to which it's quite lighter and it's mobility is marvelous..
Weight Comparison : M109 (27 tonnes)SH-15 (22 tonnes)
Same as in speed...
M110 (54km/h)
SH-15 (90km/h)
SH15's high speed makes it more easily to put it in Offensive Operations. And powerful hydraulic strokes have been used to move the main gun in SH-15 rapidly. All these Capabilities make it obvious on why Pakistan is buying these Howitzers.

Super Flanker

Country flag
As truck mounted howitzers, they are extremely vulnerable to counter battery fire. Also they store their ammo right next to the fuel line.
Yes you are right, they are vulnerable. This probably the same reason why even Indian Army didn't go for Truck Mounted Howitzer. But keep in Mind that SH-15 has pretty good performance and should be Taken Seriously.

Super Flanker

Country flag
seems likeyou are in denial mood chinese weapons are capturing markets previously ruled by uncle sam and chinese are ahead in many cases
No one in this Forum is in any type of Denial Mode. Now Please mention which Markets of America is China Capturing? In which areas is China ahead of the US? Please tell us.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
No one in this Forum is in any type of Denial Mode. Now Please mention which Markets of America is China Capturing? In which areas is China ahead of the US? Please tell us.
it is ahead in 5g and in hypersonic domain.

but the chips used in the missile are designed in us.

currently chinks are nowhere close in chip and oled manufacturing when compared to us, soko and japan.

most of their tech is stolen, the biggest example is the hypersonic missile. one of the scientist of russian origin defected to chinks.

even their subs design are of russian origin, their was news recently that chinks had planted malware in some russian shipyard.

so at the end in which field chinks have done things from scratch??

imo only 5g tech. rest all are stolen.

Super Flanker

Country flag
it is ahead in 5g and in hypersonic domain.

but the chips used in the missile are designed in us.

currently chinks are nowhere close in chip and oled manufacturing when compared to us, soko and japan.

most of their tech is stolen, the biggest example is the hypersonic missile. one of the scientist of russian origin defected to chinks.

even their subs design are of russian origin, their was news recently that chinks had planted malware in some russian shipyard.

so at the end in which field chinks have done things from scratch??

imo only 5g tech. rest all are stolen.
@Super falcon cope harder

Super Flanker

Country flag
SH15 can fire ERFB, K9 can't.
View attachment 136177
Who told you that K-9 Can't Fire ERFB? K-9 can achieve the Following Firing Ranges of:
  • 42 km range with ERFB rounds
  • Also in theory rocket assisted projectiles can be fired out to 52 to 56 km range
  • It can also fire Standard 155mm NATO rounds can be fired up to 30 km.
Source of above Information:

MonaLazy

this needs to be reiterated,time for decision making is the most important weakness i can see on our side.

they have no choice and this helps their decision making

they have less money,so they have less paralysis due to choice

they have less money,so they will always feel like going for the bargain option more than not,

their people are stupid and are not going to R&D a new system

a high majority of their population are stuck in a vicious cycle of poverty and high birth rate

All the above reason make their decision making more easier
Can't really tell if you are praising them or trolling them.

karn

Country flag
Mounted atags will be revealed at next defexpo I think .. 814 requirement for those isn't it ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles