Self Sufficient Dairy

Samar Rathi

Country flag
This thread dedicate to those who want to start a dairy and can get help and knowledge from those who already started and are successful.

Recently after Chinese Virus i went to thinking that only sector who was unaffected was FMCG and i was worried as i had two infants who were totally dependable on milk. So after so much thinking i wanted to start dairy and getting information from here and there and then saw @HariPrasad-1 post and so i went to him for knowledge and it was conveyed that why few people get benefitted and why not everyone else so this thread is the result of that.

@HariPrasad-1 guide me about-
1) Shed design (Area)
2) Feed
3) Off-shore products
4) Costings

1603470809796.png

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Shade design is very important and depends on the size of the dairy farm you want to make which includes number of cattles and babies Because a provision is required to keep the babies separate from grown up animals. It depends on the size of land you have. It must have good ventilation. It should have 10 to 12 ft height. If height is too high, rain water may come in. If it is low, air ventilation will be bad. Some people puts fan also. As per vastu Shastra, Shastra, your stable should be on the Northwest corner of the corner of your land. I build a of 70 feet by 18 feat which extend to 80 ft by 18 ft but the arrival of babies and having cows and buffaloes together became very difficult to manage so my have told me to extend this shared on the other side of the current dairy farm so that cows, buffaloes and babies can be kept saperately. I am now going to do it to extend the shade on the other so that the cows and buffaloes can be kept on opposite side. A proper provision for urine collection should be made. I collect that in a tank and use it for making bio fertilizer. The dung collection arrangement should also be made. Dung can be converted into rotten dung by applying waste decomposer etc which gives a very good bio fertilizer.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Manger should be 2 feet wide and little bit low so that when your cattle eat feed from it, that will keep their head down which adds saliva to its food which helps it to digest it food. There should be 8 to 9 ft distance between manger and urine collection trench so that animal can seat comfortabllly. People does PCC flooring but block flooring is also becoming popular. Now a days a rubber seat is used for animal to seat. Cow urine is a great fertilizer and there should be an arrangement to collect it to make Jivamrut. Above is the photo of my friend's dairy farm.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Feed is very important. Can generally be classified into two categories first is grass which includes dry and green grass to feed the cattle and another is for dad or cattle feed which is used to provide kettles the required protein and improve the milk quality e which is fat percentage of milk. Both are required to fill it cattle what the difference is that second one is very costly and currently it is available at somewhere between 20 to 30 rupees per kg which include different type of oil seed cakes cotton seed cake mustard seed cakes season cake groundnut cake it is given with the Powder off Maize and wheat with mineral mixture salt or cooking soda The first category which is very important includes the different type of types of grasses. If you provide your kettle with good quality of glasses they will take care of most of the protein and Minerals required by the cattle and hens you can reduce the quantity of cattle feed which is in second category there are very famous process which includes the latest bra switches from from Thailand and is saying is super Napier including alfalfa new very popular and fat of the animal milk is very much like by cows if you feed your cow with grass you can reduce their reduce the cattle feed quantity by one third and save a lot of money because gingiva provides you pause and fat too to your cattle take care of the the most of the nutritious required quantity of second category of food can be reduced I have asked my man to best quality of grass which includes alfalfa Jinjva, super Napier, juvari etc.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Animal Husbandry is an art. I have seen or heard of people who started with one cow and built and empire of pet animals of milk. I came into contact with one guy last week who is an expert in animal husbandry. He has earned a huge amount of money from animal husbandry and bought over 300 acres (475 Bigha) of land out of that money. I have talked to him in phone 3 times. He told me that He will guide me in developing my dairy farm and guide me in taking a loan and expand my dairy farm. He told that he will guide me in improving the milk of my buffaloes by 2 liter at a time. Before few days, I was fed up with losses and wanted to close my dairy farm but extensive cost cutting measures and some extraordinary work by one of my boy in management of fodder gave me a lots of confidence to continuing this. If god showers his blessing on me, I will have a huge profitable dairy farm in few years form now. Even, I currently have 10 cattle and 7 calfs. If I am successful, I will have the choice of quitting my corporate job and live a life of my choice. I want to buy 1.5 lakh to 2.5 lakh Sq ft of land for my house and build my house in it and live a life of my choice.

Improving milk and raising calf and making them nice animals is an art. Some people has this art and they can make make ordinary animal an extra ordinary animal by taking proper care. As I keep getting tricks and techniques of raising the calf and Improving the milk, I will share here. This is an interesting topic. I wanted to make a dairy farm of 12 to 15 animals but now my target is to make a dairy farm of 100+ top quality animals. I will keep sharing my experience here and on developing rural economic model thread.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Animal Husbandry is an art. I have seen or heard of people who started with one cow and built and empire of pet animals of milk. I came into contact with one guy last week who is an expert in animal husbandry. He has earned a huge amount of money from animal husbandry and bought over 300 acres (475 Bigha) of land out of that money. I have talked to him in phone 3 times. He told me that He will guide me in developing my dairy farm and guide me in taking a loan and expand my dairy farm. He told that he will guide me in improving the milk of my buffaloes by 2 liter at a time. Before few days, I was fed up with losses and wanted to close my dairy farm but extensive cost cutting measures and some extraordinary work by one of my boy in management of fodder gave me a lots of confidence to continuing this. If god showers his blessing on me, I will have a huge profitable dairy farm in few years form now. Even, I currently have 10 cattle and 7 calfs. If I am successful, I will have the choice of quitting my corporate job and live a life of my choice. I want to buy 1.5 lakh to 2.5 lakh Sq ft of land for my house and build my house in it and live a life of my choice.

Improving milk and raising calf and making them nice animals is an art. Some people has this art and they can make make ordinary animal an extra ordinary animal by taking proper care. As I keep getting tricks and techniques of raising the calf and Improving the milk, I will share here. This is an interesting topic. I wanted to make a dairy farm of 12 to 15 animals but now my target is to make a dairy farm of 100+ top quality animals. I will keep sharing my experience here and on developing rural economic model thread.
Sir how big is your setup, I mean how much land is your cattle farm built upon?
How much milk per day from your cattle?
What type of cattle do u have?
What kind of Infra have u built for your dairy? Water Pump, Housing, Feed storage, Drainage, Milk storage?
What's your method of Milking? What is the charge of milking?
Do u have a Vet in contact? What are their charges.
Do u have insurance for ur cattle
Do u have a balance sheet that you could post I would be very grateful if u do.

Could u post some pics if u don't mind.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Important Parts for the milk and health of the cattle it depends upon the climate availability and health of your chattel when it delivers baby you can't give them a green fodder for sometime you will have to give certain nutritions antibiotics such as turmeric ajwain and some oil like mustered oil etc. If it doesn't come in time, different feed is required. Some cheap and highly nutritious feed are groundnut plants with roots, moong, gram shell etc. They are available at RS 5 per kg. If you give that, mineral mixtures etc are not required. It is very wide subject but generally speaking, if your cattle's digestion improves, it will give more milk. Fat in the milk departments of type of grass and cattle feed. Cotton seed cake, groundnut cakes , alpha alpha grass is very popular for improving fat in milk. It is believed that grazing of cows are best way to feed them as they will eat only which is necessary.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Please post how much feed to give and what type of feed to make ?
@HariPrasad-1
Animal husbandry is unaffordable if you don't take cost cutting measures. If you purchase grass, it is unaffordable. I have planted grass in more than 10 acre. I don't need even half of it. If my dairy grows, I would not require to buy grass. My grass ed it is just in front of my cattle shed. My people can cut the grass and feed it to animal. I have planted alpha alpha grass having high nutrition value. I am trying to jinva grass as well. It is the grass most liked by cattle. It improves milk Quality and quantity. If your grasses are high in nutritious value, you can reduce cattle feed which is too costly and costs RS. 25 to 30. The shells of soyabean, gram, mung etc are available at very low rate at around 5 per kg. They are very good cattle feed and reduces the requirement of your cattle feed. You must explore cheaper options of costly feeds to make your dairy farm sustainable.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
How much milk per day from your cattle?

18 liters from 2 buffaloes. Rest are about to deliver the babies. Cows has just given babies but I don't sale milk yet. I feed it to the calfs only so that they become very healthy. I let even grown up calfs of more than 3to 4 months to drink atleast 2liter milk at a time so that they become very healthy.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Important Parts for the milk and health of the cattle it depends upon the climate availability and health of your chattel when it delivers baby you can't give them a green fodder for sometime you will have to give certain nutritions antibiotics such as turmeric ajwain and some oil like mustered oil etc. If it doesn't come in time, different feed is required. Some cheap and highly nutritious feed are groundnut plants with roots, moong, gram shell etc. They are available at RS 5 per kg. If you give that, mineral mixtures etc are not required. It is very wide subject but generally speaking, if your cattle's digestion improves, it will give more milk. Fat in the milk departments of type of grass and cattle feed. Cotton seed cake, groundnut cakes , alpha alpha grass is very popular for improving fat in milk. It is believed that grazing of cows are best way to improve the quality of milk. Cow will eat only that which is required. Jinjva grass is also best. There are over 1000 grasses with different nutrition values. Super Napier is best so far as quantity is concern. I have planned to plant medicinal plants along with grass so that best quality of milk can be produced. I am going to plant Tulsi , bhrngraj, Jivamrut, mornings, Amala etc which shall be fed with grass to get best quality of milk with medicinal properties.

Global Defence

Articles