Secret Pakistan - Double Cross/Backlash (BBC Series)

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Secret Pakistan - Double Cross (Part - I)

Taliban Commanders' Confessions.

Pakistan's double talk exposed : "Pakistan's security service provides weapons and training to Taliban insurgents fighting US and British troops in Afghanistan, despite official denials", Taliban commanders say.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
What is the secret ? We've known this for decades.

Only the west refuses to accept because they themselves have ulterior motives.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
No matter how damning the evidence it is highly unlikely anything is going to change. The Pakistani army has time and time proven that it cannot be shamed into doing the right thing. It is blatantly clear that radicalized militancy of any sort can and will never be an "asset", yet the PA persists with this policy and has no qualms about putting up 200 million souls as collateral.

The Riedel policy of containment or some variant of it is probably the only viable option remaining.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
AV

Thanks.

I saw this posted on ARRSE, but the link did not respond since it informed that it was available on in the UK.

I think it was on BBC2.

shaka

It is amazing that this documentary only came out in 2011. Well people in the documentary themselves state dodgy things were going on since 2002-2003. If I was western citizen I will ask the question why was I kept in the dark for so long. Seems like intentions of powers in west are not very clear either.

As an Indian, I somehow knew that long ago what was going on. What is in it for me now? Well I will grab a popcorn and watch the show.:lol:

Tomcat

THE mother defends herself

gulfnews : BBC report rubbished by Pakistan military

Rawalpindi: Pakistan's military strongly denied Thursday a BBC report that alleged the Pakistani military, along with its intelligence arm, supplied and protected the Afghan Taliban and Al Qaida.

A number of middle-ranking Taliban commanders detailed what they said was extensive Pakistani support in interviews for a BBC Two documentary series, the first part of which was broadcast on Wednesday.

A former head of Afghan intelligence also told the programme Afghanistan gave Pakistan's former president, General Pervez Musharraf, information in 2006 that Osama Bin Laden was hiding in northern Pakistan. The former Al Qaida leader was killed in the same area by US special forces in May this year.

'Highly biased'

Article continues below

"We consider that this report is highly biased, it is one-sided, it doesn't have the version of the side which is badly hit or affected by this report," said Major General Athar Abbas, spokesman for the Pakistani military.

"So therefore, other than that, it's factually incorrect."

One Taliban commander, Mulla Qasim, told the BBC Pakistan had played a significant role in providing supplies and a hiding place for Afghan Taliban fighters. Abbas denied the claim, questioning Qasim's credibility.

He said the head of Pakistan's spy agency, the Directorate of Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), had already said "not a single bullet or financial support" had been given to groups named in the BBC report.

bhramos

Country flag
Pakistani Army mulls legal action over BBC report

RAWALPINDI (Agencies) – Pakistan military strongly denied Thursday a BBC report that alleged the Pakistani military, along with its intelligence arm, supplied and protected the Afghan Taliban and Al Qaeda.
A number of middle-ranking Taliban commanders detailed what they said was extensive Pakistani support in interviews for a BBC Two documentary series, the first part of which was broadcast Wednesday.
"We consider that this report is highly biased, it is one-sided, it doesn't have the version of the side which is badly hit or affected by this report," Major General Athar Abbas, spokesman for the military, told Reuters. "So therefore, other than that, it's factually incorrect."
He said the head of Pakistan's spy agency, the Directorate of Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), had already said "not a single bullet or financial support" had been given to groups named in the BBC report.
Abbas said the number of attacks against the ISI by the Pakistani Taliban - about 300 ISI officials have been killed in bombings - was proof the ISI did not support militants.
Meanwhile, talking a private TV channel, Abbas said the Army reserved the right to take legal action over the report.

Army mulls legal action over BBC report | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

ab PA sharminda hoke sar kidar chupane ke liye jaga dund rahi hei......:tsk::hail::scared2::scared1:
:lol::laugh:

sky

They can try,but will end up looking rather stupid in a court of law. Remember in court witnesses can be called and evidence of there activities going back many year's can be given. 7/7 victim's still won,t justice so i say bring it on BITICH....

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
reaction of eating too much of pindi chana :D

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Its like dacoit knocking court doors against police who caught him.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
RAWALPINDI (Agencies) – Pakistan military strongly denied Thursday a BBC report that alleged the Pakistani military, along with its intelligence arm, supplied and protected the Afghan Taliban and Al Qaeda.
A number of middle-ranking Taliban commanders detailed what they said was extensive Pakistani support in interviews for a BBC Two documentary series, the first part of which was broadcast Wednesday.
"We consider that this report is highly biased, it is one-sided, it doesn't have the version of the side which is badly hit or affected by this report," Major General Athar Abbas, spokesman for the military, told Reuters. "So therefore, other than that, it's factually incorrect."
He said the head of Pakistan's spy agency, the Directorate of Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), had already said "not a single bullet or financial support" had been given to groups named in the BBC report.
Abbas said the number of attacks against the ISI by the Pakistani Taliban - about 300 ISI officials have been killed in bombings - was proof the ISI did not support militants.
Meanwhile, talking a private TV channel, Abbas said the Army reserved the right to take legal action over the report.

Army mulls legal action over BBC report | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online
That is the proof :pound:

Btw are they talking about this one? :-
http://defenceforumindia.com/docume...-double-cross-bbc-documentary.html#post338750

ejazr

Ambassador
What is infuriating is how the PA/ISI has completely denigrated Islam and Muslims around the world by their use of Islam and Jihad for their own foolish political ends and money making enterprises.

I at least can understand the Taliban and insurgents in the sense that they are not double faced. They believe in their own regressive ideology and have clearly defined western forces in Afghanistan as the enemy. But Pakistan is trying to play nice with the west and at the same time indulge and use the Taliban as a proxy. This act is truly pathetic. I agree that all is fair in love and war, but the use of Islam and the denigration PA/ISI has brought to Muslims just makes this unacceptable to me and I'm sure many around the world.

And then they have the audacity to claim the 35,000 dead as their sacrifice in the war on terror. The reason they are being targetted is BECAUSE Pakistan is playing the double game. And if the PA/ISI doesn't stop it, they will continue getting targeted by extremist jihadi groups and be squeezed by western and other govt.s around the world.

The US, particularly the Bush administration also deserves a good proportion of the blame. Instead of focusing on the Af-Pak region, Rumsfeld and his neo-con cronies unnecessarily went into Iraq and messed up the entire operation in Afghanistan. Musharraf played Bush like a fiddle and the lollipops of AQ leaders he would through their way every now and then was enough. Not to mention the disastrous consequences this has had not only to the Afghan people but to India as well in terms of the ongoing conflict as well as loosing Iraqi fuel and conflict that emerged in the region which affects us directly.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Jemima Khan donates cameras to Pak tribal leaders to record damage done by US drones

TruthDive

anoop_mig25

Country flag
even if so called secrete is out is situation on ground is going to change . all western countries knew form one day that pakistan is using proxy against indian since 80 but no-body hell paid attention know that their own backyard is hurt they are coming out all such documentory. what they expect pakistan to play their good child .

mayfair

One underlying theme of this documentary is the relentless Paki treachery the true display of Pakistaniyat time and time again. The Americans keep talking about it throughout the documentary and yet many of their offensives were derailed by the upper echelons in their millitary and the state department.

Pakis are disgusting no doubt, but Americans who preach all the bullshit happily sacrificed their young soldiers and continue to mollycoddle the Paki bastards. I believe that makes them no less disgusting than the slimy Pakis.

mayfair

What is infuriating is how the PA/ISI has completely denigrated Islam and Muslims around the world by their use of Islam and Jihad for their own foolish political ends and money making enterprises.
I think that's a tad unfair. You will find that organisations such as Hezbollah, Hamas, Jema Islamiya, Abu Sayaf, Al Shabaab among others have no less claim to that distinction.

I at least can understand the Taliban and insurgents in the sense that they are not double faced. They believe in their own regressive ideology and have clearly defined western forces in Afghanistan as the enemy.
The same forces from whom they happily accepted money and weapons when it suited them. These not-so-double-faced cretins are the biggest producers and suppliers of heroin and opiate narcotics in the world. They are unprincipled vermin like their overlords the Pakjabis.

But Pakistan is trying to play nice with the west and at the same time indulge and use the Taliban as a proxy. This act is truly pathetic. I agree that all is fair in love and war, but the use of Islam and the denigration PA/ISI has brought to Muslims just makes this unacceptable to me and I'm sure many around the world.
I wish like you, they would speak out more often and condemn the terrorists with as much vehemence as they do the Westerns geo-strategic intiatives. Unsurprisingly, we have had barely a squeak from several quarters about the despicable terror attacks in India or for that matter when Kurds are involved. Yet they seem to find their voice when Palestine comes into the equation.

And then they have the audacity to claim the 35,000 dead as their sacrifice in the war on terror. The reason they are being targetted is BECAUSE Pakistan is playing the double game. And if the PA/ISI doesn't stop it, they will continue getting targeted by extremist jihadi groups and be squeezed by western and other govt.s around the world.
Pakis are being Pakis, true to their traditions of Pakistaniyat and deserve every bit of what they get.

The US, particularly the Bush administration also deserves a good proportion of the blame. Instead of focusing on the Af-Pak region, Rumsfeld and his neo-con cronies unnecessarily went into Iraq and messed up the entire operation in Afghanistan. Musharraf played Bush like a fiddle and the lollipops of AQ leaders he would through their way every now and then was enough. Not to mention the disastrous consequences this has had not only to the Afghan people but to India as well in terms of the ongoing conflict as well as loosing Iraqi fuel and conflict that emerged in the region which affects us directly.
Couldn't agree more. It has turned out to be a buggers muddle.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Is the second round of operation going to start to destroy WMD in the hands of Army of Pakistan. Let us bring back Bush and his team to White House again and see what he can do. I hope they stop making documentaries and make a plan to get rid of entire ISI and PA and get their hands on all involved in training and put them through trial as was done to Nazis in Nuremberg, Germany.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles