Secret Nuclear Bunker of the USSR

A.V.

I personally have been there to this place , this is situated in metro TAGANSKAYA in moscow , one of the city most posh and busy locations. I walked across this road to reach bolnetsya nomer 7 for my surgery classes during my Medical studies.

In 1960 no Moscovite knew who inhabited the regular house. Sometimes the light was on in the house and figures of people could be seen from the windows. The ground floor looked strange enough as its windows built up. And only a few officials with a corresponding access to secrecy knew what was going on there.

A massive concrete dome which is marked in gray in the picture was hidden under the simple brick walls.

Sometimes the light was on in the house and figures of people could be seen from the windows. The ground floor looked strange enough as its windows built up. And only a few officials with a corresponding access to secrecy knew what was going on there

The house was a masked entrance to a secret military object on the territory of the USSR or an underground nuclear bunker. What you see in the picture is an entrance to the bunker.

The entire construction can withstand blast waves and radiation easily. The door is 0,5 meters thick. Let's go underground.

The narrow corridor is curved so that a shock wave won't penetrate the inside of the building.

In spite of the fact we are 14 meters deep it still seems that the stairs are endless.

"Motherland is calling!"Now we are 65 meters deep.

The corridor leads to the bunker.

Now we'll have to through a circulation control office.

A.V.

The steel multi-layered walls will protect you from harmful influence of radiation.

It is difficult to enter the bunker.

The object was constructed in 1958-1963. It occupies over 7000 square meters. Every employee had an access only to the room he worked in and didn't even know about existence of other blocks.

In 1970 it was the decided that the object should undergo reconstruction because of some technical problems available. Military equipment was dismantled and removed.

According to one version, ballistic missiles could be launched from here.

The door leads to the subway.

Zebra

Country flag
self delete .

Last edited:

indian_sukhoi

Great pictures

Most of the Bunkers cannot sustain a direct hit, Except some which are located below Mountains

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Does INDIA have any underground facilities like this one for saving people of INDIA in the case of a nuclear attack by the rouge pakistan or ambitious China.

A.V.

Going by the sheer size i doubt india has such in any of its major city , might be on the borde areas but definitely not in cities but i know very little related to this i must say

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles