Scientists reconstruct faces of Indus Valley people

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
Neeraj Rai - "Why we still use rice and barley as offering? Why the Aryans who supposedly came from areas where Wheat was prevalent did not use them in their food or mention them in their earlier books?"

Food for thought 😏

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
First ancient cultivated rice discovered in Central Asia

That indicates the possibility of rice in Central Asia was spread from South Asia. Meanwhile, when rice appeared in Central Asia, the Kushan Empire has already established in northwest India and conquered most parts of Central and South Asia.

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
The Swat samples had Anatolian type ancestry absent in Indo-Aryan speakers. Their Y chromosome assignment was also weird. The R1a was found in two individuals of Iron age. Both were M780-

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
Harappan people spoke multiple languages is highly likely.

2 distinct groups created hybrids and became source for different populations.

Let's play devils advocate here:

Those with higher Iranian Neolithic ancestry likely spoke a language which was related to Vedic and those with higher Hunter gatherer ancestry spoke a language closer to Tamil.

Harappans were Aryo-Dravidians
😍😗😲

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
Genetic and cultural evidences suggest that Hinduism in Indonesia is existing prior to Saka Era (2000 years ago). Stories from the Mahabharata Epic have been traced in Indonesian islands to the 1st century; whose versions mirror also found in Tamil Nadu.

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
Some of the posts have been sourced from Neeraj Rais feed. Few here and there are mine.

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
For Indian genes and linguistics to drastically change which as per AIT scholars did, 4 times the population of Harappa was needed for such an event to take place.

Harappa for most of the time had over 10% of the world population. Eurasian steppes can't support 4 times that population in that time period.

AIT scholars are telling us that anywhere around 10-20 million people/Pastrolists/nomads descended from Eurasian steppes in 500 years and replaced the languages of Iran and India.

Even in the 800 year period of invasions between 200bce-600ce with better equipment could not change the genetics and languages of India.

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
1st century common era

Population of Asia accounted 75%
India - 75 million
China - 60 million
Rest of Asia - 40 million

Population of Europe 15%
West European - 24 million
East European - 8 million

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
Harappan ancestry is the single largest source population for all the Indians including Brahmins and Dalits. We would like to accept the DNA samples of those who still don't believe on scientific publications.

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
Repeating again 😂😂😂

This finding at least in part dismisses an important archaeological and linguistic hypothesis, Kroonen explains. Linguists have been trying for a long time to work out how the Indo-European language family managed to spread so rapidly and so successfully. Popular theory has it that the domestication of horses may have played a role in this because horses allowed people to travel faster. But this research shows that the theory does not hold for Europe.

Nor will it for India and Iran 😘
I wouldn't be surprised if Indo-Iranian especially Proto-Iranian spread from Harappa towards Andronovo from around 2000bce which later became Eastern Iranian of Scythians.

Kroonen reached this conclusion after he and several other archaeologists had examinations made of the remains of horses from the period when Indo-European was spreading over Europe. The examination showed that none of these European horses were descended from the horses from the Russian steppes, the animals that were the first to be domesticated. The conclusion is thus that the Russian immigrants must have come to Europe on foot, bringing the Indo-European language with them, but leaving the horses behind in Russia.

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
New evidence

Horses domesticated around 2200bce
These horses were still a far cry from those who could be ridden for long distances and used for war chariots.

Actual evidence of chariot and not some wheel imprints dated from 2000bce in the outskirts of the place linked to Mahabharata.

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
These wannabe scholars 😂

Surprisingly enough, horses do seem to have played a role in the spread of the language family in India, thus from Russia in an easterly direction.

Indo-European was introduced there one millennium later, together with combat chariots. 'Maybe it took that thousand years to breed and domesticate horses so that they were able to make such long journeys,' Kroonen hypothesises. 'You can imagine that a half-wild horse is unlikely to carry a rider or draw a chariot. Horses were probably kept in the early period mainly to provide meat and milk.'

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
What will be the fate of this poor chap 😂

Damn! He was even awared for this book of lies.

The Horse, the Wheel, and Language: How Bronze-Age Riders from the Eurasian Steppes Shaped the Modern World is a 2007 book by the anthropologist David W. Anthony, in which the author describes his "revised Kurgan theory." He explores the origins and spread of the Indo-European languages from the Pontic–Caspian steppe throughout Western Europe, Central Asia, and South Asia. He shows how the domesticated horse and the invention of the wheel mobilized the steppe herding societies in the Eurasian Steppe, and combined with the introduction of bronze technology and new social structures of patron-client relationships gave an advantage to the Indo-European societies. The book won the Society for American Archaeology's 2010 Book Award.

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
Harappan civilization at its peak might have supported 5 million people but between 3500bce-1300bce anywhere between 50-100 million people would have born and died but how many skeletons have we Found? A few thousand I guess.

What happened to others?
Burned I guess or driven by the river.

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
So colonized are our minds that we are now saying so what if we have same ancestry, you North Indians have higher steppe ancestry than us 😔

In the light of genetic studies, It's high time we have a re-look at our Indian society and come out of this foreign/marxist interpretation of our society. Once a certain level of prosperity and literacy reached we need to abolish our classification of Indians into General OBC SC ST EWS.

No offences meant but It truly disturbs me to see creamy layer OBC clinging to their OBC status and dominant caste groups like Yadavas Patels Marathas and Jats demanding backward status 😔

Marxist want power and they gain it by making 2 opposite classes fight. In India such classes weren't developed enough so they plan on making castes fight. We need to see through their plans.

By the way I have Majors degree in Sociology from IGNOU.

not so dravidian

Country flag
So colonized are our minds that we are now saying so what if we have same ancestry, you North Indians have higher steppe ancestry than us 😔

In the light of genetic studies, It's high time we have a re-look at our Indian society and come out of this foreign/marxist interpretation of our society. Once a certain level of prosperity and literacy reached we need to abolish our classification of Indians into General OBC SC ST EWS.

No offences meant but It truly disturbs me to see creamy layer OBC clinging to their OBC status and dominant caste groups like Yadavas Patels Marathas and Jats demanding backward status 😔

Marxist want power and they gain it by making 2 opposite classes fight. In India such classes weren't developed enough so they plan on making castes fight. We need to see through their plans.

By the way I have Majors degree in Sociology from IGNOU.
Bhai cud u recommend me the right materials on South Indian history

I'm a tamil and want to first learn about Cholas, pandyas history, but I have no clue where to start

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
Bhai cud u recommend me the right materials on South Indian history

I'm a tamil and want to first learn about Cholas, pandyas history, but I have no clue where to start
Sadly like most Indians I have none.
Best bet would be state board books from Tamil Nadu schools.

It's really baffling that the empires that lasted longest and spread Indian culture to East and South East asia dont get the same treatment as some others get.

Only 2 kings find mention in our books from a dynasty that lasted 1500 years and spread Indian culture farther than anyone ever in the history.

Global Defence

Articles