Scientists reconstruct faces of Indus Valley people

Ikariyasan

Country flag
I once checked the 23&Me ancestry reports of 2 Indians. One from Gujarat had C-M130 and the one from Punjab had R1a.

These days 23&Me is clubbing North Indians into Central-South Asian sub-category different from South Indians. Don't know why 😑

Both guys looked Indian. Punjabi one being a little fairer but Gujarati guys haplogroup was a bit shocking.
I don't if it is the same person but there is a Gujrati person with C on that forums. Probably related to eastern Asian input amongst some central Asians or an ancient surviving lineage lol. I wonder what would be the haplogroups of AASI. Andamanese are dominated by some specific subclades of D.

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
I don't if it is the same person but there is a Gujrati person with C on that forums. Probably related to eastern Asian input amongst some central Asians or an ancient surviving lineage lol. I wonder what would be the haplogroups of AASI. Andamanese are dominated by some specific subclades of D.
I wonder if they have tried taking samples from Sentinelese. Hardly a few of them have left. Would be interesting to see what comes up. Though last time the contact was established they were found throwing javelins on the copter 😅

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
Why I Find it off is because it shows 100% South Asian and narrows it down to Gujarat but Y Haplogroup turns out from East Asia.

Maternal Haplogroup was M3

Rakhigari women was from U haplogroup U2B2 to be precise.

Ikariyasan

Country flag
I wonder if they have tried taking samples from Sentinelese. Hardly a few of them have left. Would be interesting to see what comes up. Though last time the contact was established they were found throwing javelins on the copter 😅
I hope we establish friendly relations with them someday. They maybe similar to Andamanese.

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
Punjabi guy was 100% North Indian

Paternal HG was R-Y7
Traced to ancestor who lived 6000 years ago
Also share ancestry with Malta-boy 24000BP

Maternal HG was M3A2
Traced to ancestor who lived 10000 years ago

Ikariyasan

Country flag
Why I Find it off is because it shows 100% South Asian and narrows it down to Gujarat but Y Haplogroup turns out from East Asia.

Maternal Haplogroup was M3

Rakhigari women was from U haplogroup U2B2 to be precise.
If he was a Gujrati Patel then the autosomal results are as expected. His Y haplogroup is definitely surprising.
Someone who works in the field of genetics & bioinformatics would be able to explain us better. From what I have heard one's sample is matched against various reference populations they, the components which the person has excess on comparison with the reference 'bleed' into other components to compensate for that.
eg. Earlier people with higher AASI as compared to the reference used to get some Papuan or east Asian as a result. They have got better now I guess and now most South Asians get 95%+ south Asian in those tests.

Ikariyasan

Country flag
Punjabi guy was 100% North Indian

Paternal HG was R-Y7
Traced to ancestor who lived 6000 years ago
Also share ancestry with Malta-boy 24000BP

Maternal HG was M3A2
Traced to ancestor who lived 10000 years ago
Nice! Both are very common in India.

Ikariyasan

Country flag
I hope more & more people take those tests. South Asia is very undersampled and most samples are either academic (from studies) or from South Asians living abroad.

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
I hope more & more people take those tests. South Asia is very undersampled and most samples are either academic (from studies) or from South Asians living abroad.
Yup.

Sadly I could find only 2 detailed ancestry reports of Indian males while remaining 99% all are women mostly from East and South India.

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
One Indian lady with Parents from Hyderabad turned out to be around

50% Central Asian North Indian & Pakistani
35% Southern South Asian
07% Southern Indian sub-group (Brahmin)
04% Bengali and North East
01% Western Asian and North African

Maternal HG wasn't revealed 😅

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
Pakistani Guy (Punjab)

99% North Indian Pakistani
01% Southern South Asian

Maternal HG T1A1
Paternal HG J-M241
😲

Ikariyasan

Country flag
Yup.

Sadly I could find only 2 detailed ancestry reports of Indian males while remaining 99% all are women mostly from East and South India.
Fortunately there are several threads about S/SC Asian results on that forum (usually threads are made for a particular testing company or for a particular calculator). They have accumulated quite a lot of results over the years. I guess more 90% of those results are from diaspora S/SC Asians.

Ikariyasan

Country flag
One Indian lady with Parents from Hyderabad turned out to be around

50% Central Asian North Indian & Pakistani
35% Southern South Asian
07% Southern Indian sub-group (Brahmin)
04% Bengali and North East
01% Western Asian and North African

Maternal HG wasn't revealed 😅
It's difficult to comment on her autosomal profile based on these results, we will need to see her some admixture calculator results atleast (e.g. Harrappa DNA project).
Maybe she got tested with FTDNA, Myeritage or Ancestry. Their autosomal tests don't offer haplogroup results.

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
It's difficult to comment on her autosomal profile based on these results, we will need to see her some admixture calculator results atleast (e.g. Harrappa DNA project).
Maybe she got tested with FTDNA, Myeritage or Ancestry. Their autosomal tests don't offer haplogroup results.
What does Baloch in Harappa DNA project imply? Is it IVC related component?

Ikariyasan

Country flag
What does Baloch in Harappa DNA project imply? Is it IVC related component?
That calculator was made at the time when not much ancient dna results were available. So these components are based on modern populations. So this a component so named because it peaks in balochs. From what I have heard most of it is IranN with some ANF, steppe and AASI.
The calculator is very outdated but is still a good starting point for South Asians.

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
Although science behind this face reconstruction is new but if we look at it carefully .......

First Humans out of Africa into India were either negroid or Austolid or became Austrolid after staying in India without any outside contact for over 50000 years. These early Indians also migrated to Australia.

Iranian hunter gatherers were either Austrolid or Caucosid which may explain why some of the reconstruction turned out caucosid.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles