SC bans crackers on Diwali in Delhi; will BJP do anything?

Are you happy with cracker ban?

• Yes- Crackers are not part of tradition

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Yes- Crackers are a health problem

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • No

Votes: 55 73.3%

• Total voters

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag
This is nothing but a systematic persecution of Hindus. The SC has completely ignored the feelings of Hindus who tend to celebrate Diwali with crackers. There could have been time restrictions but completely banning it is uncalled for and shows the hypocrisy of these lutyens mafia judges who resfused to listen to a PIL filled for banning sacrifices of bakrid citing "it's a religious matter".
Should we purge the SC?
=================================================================

Vishwarupa

Country flag
If sitting out and enjoying tandoori chicken or barbecued kebabs is a part of your daily routine then the South Delhi Municipal Corporation is about to spoil your lunch.

To support such a ban, the officials read out an IIT Kanpur 'source apportionment' study last year that said particulate matter (PM) pollution from tandoors was akin to mass burning in landfills and leaf burning, both of which are banned.

'The total number of hotel and restaurant enterprise was 36,099 (Delhi Statistical Hand Book, 2014). We assume that 25 per cent of these enterprises use tandoor for food preparation,' the study said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahom...ompared-burning-landfills-Municipal-Corp.html

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
This guy claims that people bursting crackers outside Supreme court

Btw, I hate bombs and rockets. Suggest me some crackers that grown up burst.
Grown ups light 'atash-baji'. Anything which produces light.
Can't say I support sound making crackers(great fun though!). But sound pollution can kill. But I am unwilling to cede that "air pollution" during Diwali can kill. This is laughable.
Such people who are in a life-threatening position due to Diwali smoke, should already be in hospital.

Bharat Ek Khoj

Grown ups light 'atash-baji'. Anything which produces light.
Can't say I support sound making crackers(great fun though!). But sound pollution can kill. But I am unwilling to cede that "air pollution" during Diwali can kill. This is laughable.
Such people who are in a life-threatening position due to Diwali smoke, should already be in hospital.
I will be bursting after a long long time. Don't know whats new. So.
Few years ago, my cousin's entire room got burned because a simple rocket entered via window. I hate noise (except Metal Music), so no bomb.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
This guy claims that people bursting crackers outside Supreme court

Btw, I hate bombs and rockets. Suggest me some crackers that grown up burst.

Those are people from Azad Hind Fauj and HinduHelpline bursting crackers outside SC.

They have threatened if this Anti-Hindu ban is not taken back till tomorrow then they would burst crackers inside SC.Those guys were taken into custody. Here are details from ABP news.

DFI members of Delhi-NCR, what are you planning on doing?
Hope you 'respect' the ban. ;)
I will be bursting after a long long time. Don't know whats new. So.
Few years ago, my cousin's entire room got burned because a simple rocket entered via window. I hate noise (except Metal Music), so no bomb.
No ban on bursting.

After self imposed ban for over a decade I would burst this time with friends.Who knows SC would ban all Hindu festivals in future.

Some Diwali related cartoon crackers...

Diwali - Gujrat polls.jpg

Rahul - Gujrat Poll.jpg

Diwali Rohingya.jpg

Nicky G

Country flag
No. It sets precedent. This is how Hindus have ceded place slowly.

GoI was mute spectator as shown above.

Now question is how to arm twist judiciary. Govt has not gone into fight mode on any issue till now- roachingyas to diwali to handling SM abuse. SC needs to be shown in place otherwise it will roughshod over everyone.

Diwali issue was a perfect way to show judiciary that GoI would not buckle on Roachingyas,
Still looking for an actual suggestion about how does one 'arm-twist' the judiciary.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Still looking for an actual suggestion about how does one 'arm-twist' the judiciary.
Think about the recent things happened in last few years and how SC was too selective for giving decisions in some cases.

If you really think that Judiciary is really impartial then think again.

Got the hint?

Nicky G

Country flag
Think about the recent things happened in last few years and how SC was too selective for giving decisions in some cases.

If you really think that Judiciary is really impartial then think again.

Got the hint?
No man, I agree that the judiciary is not impartial, that's obvious.

My point was about what can the government do practically in case of such bias.

indiatester

Country flag
Finally how did the Delhi folks celebrate today? Did they crawl as expected by SC?

dhananjay1

English news channels are singing praises of cracker ban since morning. How Delhi-NCR's air is soooo much better due to ban. Next year these clowns would try to ban crackers in a wider area.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
English news channels are singing praises of cracker ban since morning. How Delhi-NCR's air is soooo much better due to ban. Next year these clowns would try to ban crackers in a wider area.
ghanta BC
The pollution on last years Diwali is not different than this years Diwali, every one in delhi knows that pollution is because of construction and diesel vehicle.. open gutters and garbage all around..

nothing's going to change

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles