Saudi man chops off Indian worker’s hand as she resists harassment

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
The family of a 55-year-old Indian woman, working as a domestic help in Saudi Arabia, has alleged her right hand was chopped off by her employer, with external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj on Friday describing the assault as “unacceptable”.

Kashturi Munirathinam’s hand was allegedly chopped off on the intervening night of September 29-30 when she tried to escape harassment and torture, said her sister S Vijayakumari.

Seeking help to bring Munirathinam back from Saudi Arabia, her family has sent representations to the state and Central governments. DMK MP Kanimozhi has sent a letter to Swaraj seeking her help.

On Friday, Swaraj tweeted the Indian embassy in Saudi Arabia was in touch with Munirathinam.

“Chopping of hand of Indian lady – We are very much disturbed over the brutal manner in which Indian lady has been treated in Saudi Arabia,” she tweeted. “This is unacceptable. We have taken this up with Saudi authorities.”
Vijayakumari said Munirathinam went to Saudi Arabia to work as a domestic help three months ago.

“When she tried to escape harassment and torture, her right hand was chopped off by the woman employer. She fell down and sustained serious spinal injuries,” Vijayakumari told PTI.

“Kasturi’s employer was angered after she apprised local officials about the harassment she was facing there, she was not even provided food.”

The family learnt about the incident from “agents who sent her to Saudi”, Vijayakumari said

“She has now been hospitalised in Riyadh and is in a serious condition, our appeal is please bring her back home immediately and help in her treatment,” she said.

While Munirathinam’s sister lives in Chennai, her family is in Moongilarei village of Vellore district in Tamil Nadu.

In her letter to Swaraj, Kanimozhi said Munirathinam’s condition was deteriorating. “Steps should be taken to bring home Kasturi as soon as possible, I appeal on behalf of the victim’s family,” she wrote.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...er-in-saudi/story-2DL6xPAutxUZjgd8z21fCJ.html
Amartya Sen Model of development.

Yumdoot

haaiyin.....

Somebody just yesterday was telling me - we should align with the west because we have people working in Saudia.

Dark humour aside.
This is why our culture used to abhor foreign travel.
This is why, in an ideal case scenario, we should either bury our jhanda on their chest or make India so strong that our people do not have to go abroad.
The fact of our people working abroad should be a matter of shame for us not a matter of pride.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
haaiyin.....

Somebody just yesterday was telling me - we should align with the west because we have people working in Saudia.

Dark humour aside.
This is why our culture used to abhor foreign travel.
This is why, in an ideal case scenario, we should either bury our jhanda on their chest or make India so strong that our people do not have to go abroad.
The fact of our people working abroad should be a matter of shame for us not a matter of pride.
When did Saudi become west!!

Btw, that someone is me.

Last edited:

Yumdoot

When did Saudi became west!!

Btw, that someone is me.
Bade bhai you are again contradicting yourself.

Either you said it (presumably with conviction) in which case you cannot ask me back when did Saudi became west.

Or you did not say it or said it in some other sense or said it only for maza/chatkhara of bahesbazi, in which case you should not have owned up to it. :p

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Bade bhai you are again contradicting yourself.

Either you said it (presumably with conviction) in which case you cannot ask me back when did Saudi became west.

Or you did not say it or said it in some other sense or said it only for maza/chatkhara of bahesbazi, in which case you should not have owned up to it. :p
Seriously, why would I ask people to go to Saudi and be slaves of Arabs.

I do not think any right minded individual will want his women to cover up from head to toe for saving themselves from the lust of barbaric arabs.

Yumdoot

Yes I see that.... yuck! what disgusting people....They really have no moral center.
Noticing too much as bad in your host country is also not advisable.

Our case is different we have nothing to do with foreign countries, except may be trade. But your case is different. Being a man you have a social life also with which come social responsibilities.

You NRI guys if you are not interested in being too knowledgeable remain well adjusting with your nature. You like foreign and you remain well adjusted contributing people. But if you have interests beyond your immediate, trade and social life you tend to occupy either of the extremes -
First extreme - Everything about host country is bad,
Second extreme - Everything about India is bad.

I think some of you need to be a little less anxious and go with the flow. Who knows in future, you NRI guys and your vanshaj, would establish Dharm in foreign lands without too much bloodshed (your own or theirs).

Bhagwaan kare tum NRI log sab bhale logon ke liye aur host countries ke liye Shubhkaari raho.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
First extreme - Everything about host country is bad,
Second extreme - Everything about India is bad.

I think some of you need to be a little less anxious and go with the flow. Who knows in future, you NRI guys and your vanshaj, would establish Dharm in foreign lands without too much bloodshed (your own or theirs).

Bhagwaan kare tum NRI log sab bhale logon ke liye Shubhkaari raho.
Well I am establishing something but may not look dharmic to many... :lol:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
India woman’s arm ‘cut off by employer’ in Saudi Arabia

India's foreign ministry has complained to the Saudi Arabian authorities following an alleged "brutal" attack on a 58-year-old Indian woman in Riyadh.

Kasturi Munirathinam's right arm was chopped off, allegedly by her employer, when she tried to escape from their house last week, reports say.

Ms Munirathinam was working as a domestic help. She is recovering in hospital.

Her family has alleged that she was being tortured by her Saudi employers.

Saudi authorities have not commented on the incident yet.

'Disturbed'
Indian Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj wrote on Twitter: "This is unacceptable. We have taken this up with Saudi authorities. Our embassy is in touch with the victim."

"Chopping of [arm] of Indian lady - We are very much disturbed over the brutal manner in which Indian lady has been treated in Saudi Arabia," Ms Swaraj added.

The family of Ms Munirathinam in the southern Indian city of Chennai said that her employers had been "angered" after she complained about the "harassment" she was facing at her employer's home, where she had begun working three months ago.

They are asking the government to secure them compensation from the family, and also help pay Ms Munirathinam's medical expenses.

Serious condition
"Ever since she went to work with this family in July, things were not alright. My mother was not even allowed to speak to us over the phone, she was not given proper food and was forced to work long hours," her son S Kumar told BBC Hindi.

"When she tried to escape the harassment and torture, her right arm was chopped off by the woman employer. Now my sister can't even sit and do simple things on her own, as her spinal cord has also been injured," her sister S Vijayakumari added.

Ms Vijayakumari said her sister had been hospitalised in Riyadh and was "in a serious condition", adding that although they were relieved she was getting proper medical attention, they were unable to afford the expenses.

They have asked the Tamil Nadu state government to help them financially and have also sought the Indian government's help in securing Ms Munirathinam's return to India.

Almaz's story
The poor treatment and abuse of maids in the Middle East is a familiar tale. Benjamin Dix and Lindsay Pollock tell the disturbing story of a young Ethiopian woman who took a job as a domestic help in Saudi Arabia but was treated like a slave.

The family said that they had come to know of the incident through the "agents" who had hired her to work in Saudi Arabia. They also claim to have received a video message from Ms Munirathinam that has been recorded on a mobile phone.

Indian foreign ministry spokesperson Vikas Swarup told the Indian Express newspaper that India would "continue to seek justice for the victim".

"Our embassy in Riyadh has taken up the matter with the Saudi Foreign Office and asked for strict action in the matter and severe punishment for the sponsor," he said.

He said India had sought an independent probe in the incident and urged that "a case of attempted murder be lodged against the sponsor so that he is punished, if found guilty as per law".

Thousands of men and women from India travel to Arab states every year to seek work as domestic servants and labourers.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-34483504

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
An act which can only be described as most inhumane and barbaric. It is the Wahabi influenced Saudis who are creating a very dark impression of their religion and culture. I hope the BJP govt takes a tough stand on this issue and does not led KSA go scot free like the last time it did with the Saudi diplomats.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
I thought slavery had been abolished. This man should be tried and punished in an international court. The Saudi authorities should bring the victim justice and not try and obstruct this. The culprit and those who partnered in his crime should be made an example for socitey.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
And BBC comes to India to make some lame documentry on crime against women:facepalm:..while such things happens every where under their nose:doh:

Jagdish58

American way of democracy , why don't uncle sam preach it's biggest ally Saudi about human rights , democracy all other shit

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles